<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Stretching if your partner hates it... Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 4 Next >>
Renbit
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Renbit Replybullet Topic: Stretching if your partner hates it...
    Posted: May/17/2011 at 4:52pm
I first began stretching my ear lobes a few years ago, and originally my goal size was quite small (4g). As the process went on I slowly ended up going bigger until I reached my current 7/16", which my husband feels is the absolute limit he would not be disgusted by. I have decided to stop here for that reason, although otherwise I would continue on to about 3/4".

So I'm wondering: 1) Does anyone else have a partner who thinks stretching is gross?
2) How did you address that? Or did you ignore it and stretch to your heart's content?

IP IP Logged
indie
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote indie Replybullet Posted: May/17/2011 at 6:01pm
well, can't say about the stretching but my straight edged boyfriend doesn't want me to get any more modifications. He claims it takes away from my natural beauty. I just ignore his ass in the long run because it's about me not him. Besides, he always ends up liking them anyways =P
IP IP Logged
Renbit
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Renbit Replybullet Posted: May/17/2011 at 6:34pm
lol It's true that it's your body and your choice for sure. Have you ever felt like it put a strain on your relationship at all?
IP IP Logged
indie
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote indie Replybullet Posted: May/17/2011 at 6:50pm
yea sometimes. but I usually say two tears and a bucket, fuck it! If he really loves you, he wouldn't care after a while.. hahaha, gurl let that shit roll off your back because it's your temple- not his. =)
IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: May/17/2011 at 7:25pm
I've had ex's who have thought me stretching my lobes (and at the time, septum) were gross.  The morons got to the point of telling me not to get anymore piercings or stretch them anymore. I ignored them, it's my body not theirs.
The shallow idiots are ex's for a reason.
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
merrry
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 55

Quote merrry Replybullet Posted: May/17/2011 at 9:16pm
Nobody, and I mean NOBODY has a right to decide whether or not I stretch my piercings but me! I try to make a point and consult with my piercer, but only because I trust his input as far as technical things go.
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!
IP IP Logged
Renbit
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Renbit Replybullet Posted: May/17/2011 at 9:51pm
I hope I didn't imply that he "forbids" me stretching more! He would never try controlling me like that. At the same time though, I can't quite bring myself to do something he finds that unattractive.

I admire you guys big time for doing your thing regardless though! I'm surprisingly meek about those things, it annoys me. ><
IP IP Logged
SteveSirenic
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 35

Quote SteveSirenic Replybullet Posted: May/17/2011 at 10:47pm
I rarely get a new mod without a fight from who I'm with at the time. But, I haven't been pierced in ages. I think I'm done with piercings well, at least those done with a needle.

I'm starting to move in a more heavy direction such as scars, implants, etc. So, try that vs stretching. I've never really dated anyone into modification though. hahaha
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need no roads. -ISHC
IP IP Logged
pinky420
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote pinky420 Replybullet Posted: May/17/2011 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Renbit

I hope I didn't imply that he "forbids" me stretching more! He would never try controlling me like that. At the same time though, I can't quite bring myself to do something he finds that unattractive.

I admire you guys big time for doing your thing regardless though! I'm surprisingly meek about those things, it annoys me. ><

I can completely understand not doing something you want to because someone you love asked you not to- my family doesn't like my tattoos and piercings either. but at the end of the day its your body and they just have to understand and trust its soemthing you want and you know what your doing. or you can be like me and secretly stretch your ears. im up to a 8 and they don't even realize it- yet lol

"Never be a sheep....be the wolf that eats the sheep."
IP IP Logged
babyfirefly_
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote babyfirefly_ Replybullet Posted: May/18/2011 at 5:21am
hate to be harsh, but i'd literally tell him to go & fuck himself! stretch your ears! :) <3
if god be for us, who can be against us?
IP IP Logged
Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version