Message Icon Topic: Ear Pointing in New England Post Reply Post New Topic
Bliv
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote Bliv Replybullet Topic: Ear Pointing in New England
    Posted: May/24/2011 at 12:25am
Hi there,
I am pretty new to the body mod community. The only thing I've done is had my lobes pierced. (Piercing pagoda lol) One thing that I am really interested in is ear pointing. There is not a lot of information available about it online but I've found a few people who will do it, such as Samppa Von Cyborg, Russ Foxx, and Steve Haworth. I emailed Steve and they said they would be coming to the east coast this summer/fall, is there anyone else in the Boston, MA area interested in having him come here?

Other than that, does anyone have personal experience with ear pointing or any stories?

Any information would be appreciated.
IP IP Logged
samantha_sick
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote samantha_sick Replybullet Posted: May/24/2011 at 8:18pm
When steve comes around the east coast I'll defenetly be making an appointment for some work by him again. His assistant said they'd be in DC around september.

I have no information about ear pointing tho.
Currently have 27 piercings
Have been pierced 63 times total (14 temporary)
2 4g cartilage punches
78 star tattoos, lots of other tattoos
2 brandings
1 cutting
Magnetic Implant (removed & replaced!)
IP IP Logged
Bliv
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote Bliv Replybullet Posted: May/26/2011 at 2:22am
since I haven't gotten much response, I have another question.
After getting your ears pointed, is it possible to pierce through the top of the point? or would the cartilage be too thick.
Gingertrap.wordpress.com - My transition blog
IP IP Logged
burninseid
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 31

Quote burninseid Replybullet Posted: August/24/2011 at 10:31am
I'm hittin' the wall w/ this oneBang%20Head

I barely remember a Showcased photo w/ captions, or it shoulda been showcased from a member here - a  member had her ears pointed by forking/splitting and then suturing them together to the formed point required.

(i'm not clear on any removal that might've been needed 2 acquire the point desired)

I am guessin' that dependin' on original shape and the aftercare of where everything's healed, piercin' in the area is well more than possible. As for the intent of piercing so high up it HAS-TO-BE actually thru the healed  area from the mod - I'd expect a minimal 90 days from something like that*
I've asked a few friends of mine, years ago actually, about high up a pointing could range? Perhaps as to stretch the post-mod cartilage even farther i.e. creating a drooping effect to the side & less lateral/vertical effect. Out of my interest's sake, I was cautioned that the unsupported weight would have more give/sway the higher the stretching/pointing went.
(my jewelry of choice for that could attempt to mimic the droop/arch of the unsupported cartilage and numerous changes in angles that could be extensive in time... jewelry light enuff and considering mechanicals, you could try for bat-winged devices to match skin tone and skeletal structure with loaded micro springs within...i know i'm waaaay out there with this one - it's what i do best)

Best of luck and safest modding alwaysHat

"THE death of REAL music has been the drum machine... the absence of emotion; the loss of heartfelt passion - like something is missing..." Barry Manilow VISITcyberageDOTcxTOjoinTHErevolutionCUZtheRESTcantBEtypedOTHERWISE!dsbpDOTcxTOO!!!
IP IP Logged
stylusfive
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote stylusfive Replybullet Posted: February/13/2012 at 10:14pm
Why are you so interested in ear-pointings? like what drew you to the conclusion that you want one? I'm just wondering because I'm thinking about getting ear pointing done too and I'm from new england
IP IP Logged
Goat_Feet
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 31

Quote Goat_Feet Replybullet Posted: February/14/2012 at 11:35am
I'm not sure if he does them, but if you're in the New England area you may also want to look up Ryan Ouellette at Precision Body Arts in Nashua, NH. I was pretty sure he only did scarification until recently, when I learned that he does some other procedures as well.

Steve Haworth is obviously an option as well but if you don't want to wait or have someone closer do the work check Ryan out.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version