General Talk About Anything
 BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : General Talk About Anything
Message Icon Topic: Is your partner modified or not? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 6 Next >>
LucieMay
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote LucieMay Replybullet Topic: Is your partner modified or not?
    Posted: May/29/2011 at 7:39pm
I've just started seeing a guy with absolutely no mods at all. I'm also his first heavily modified girlfriend and he finds it quite novel. It's quite a change because my most recent ex was heavily tattooed with ear stretches and a 10mm PA. It's not an issue but it is interesting for us both to date someone so different. My current fella is used to seeing them on other people as we're both into metal and heavy rock and a lot of his friends are modified.

Edited by LucieMay - May/29/2011 at 7:40pm
Caustic blonde.
IP IP Logged
metalbabe
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 57

Quote metalbabe Replybullet Posted: May/29/2011 at 7:53pm
i find the novelty factor to be problematic in the long run. As with all new things it tends to be appealing and exciting and interesting. After a while, it will lose its appeal and the want for 'normal' will kick in again, which is where 'don't you think you've got enough mods?' or 'don't get any more cos its too much' will start.

This, i speak of through experience - and those exact words were said to me by both non-modded AND modded guys. They just happened not to be into Body Modification.. they just saw tattoos/piercings as just that. There is a very big gap between a Tattooed/Pierced Person, and a BModder. To one it is just an accessory, to the other it is a lifestyle.

Back to your question, my partner is slightly modded - stretched earlobes so far, with a want for more mods, eventually, from what he's mentioned. And he is a Bmodder too

Good luck with New Guy!

Perplexing people since 1986
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 40

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: May/29/2011 at 9:12pm
thank fuck, my girlfriend is modded (and is also a Bmod Member)...

the previous girlfriend (whadda bitch) was unmodified except for ear lobe piercings at 18g...  she was also not supportive at all of my modding decisions...

I'm really happy that Ms. S is modded, and into the same type of modding that i am...
infact, we'll be suspending together in about a month... so, yay!

there are boundaries.... not ones that are like 'if you do this, i wont like you'  but  boundaries such as 'i don't really like this particular thing, but if you want to do it have fun and i'll still love you no matter what'

IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: May/29/2011 at 9:29pm
My boyfriend & I met at a suspension event. He has quite a few piercings, is into suspensions, and has a split tongue; but he doesn't have any tattoos or heavier modifications..... yet.

My previous boyfriend wasn't modified at all, and hated the thought of me doing suspensions or getting into heavier modifications (my tongue was split when I was with him, but that was it for heavy stuff). So I went without him, he sent me really mean text messages all weekend, and I ended up meeting the guy I'm with now lol.
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
xjessiex
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote xjessiex Replybullet Posted: May/29/2011 at 9:53pm

My dude is the first guy i've dated (also, my first boyfriend ever:P), so far two years in- he has piercings and is covered in tattoos, but doesn't really plan to have any 'heavy' mods.
That being said, its still funny when he wanted to get his fingernail tattooed (he filed his thumb nail down too far so it actually came off lol) my first reaction was 'you idiot- why! it'll hurt like a bitch and won't last!'
His reaction: 'i'm just doing it for the experience'...lol. says i with branding, scars and split tongue:P He still stresses when i get inked because i swell up and bleed all over the bed:P
I think its an automatic reaction to not want your partner to go through pain! That being said neither of us has stopped the other from getting something (or would even bother to!), and tease in jest and not in earnest about mods.

I don't think being modded is necessity for me- but if they're not then they have to be pretty awesome and make up for it in other ways hahaha.
My friends wouldn't bother to tell me what to do when it comes to do with mods, so I would assume my partner has to be a friend, too!

"I can't stand TV before breakfast."

"Dial 888…The desire to watch TV, no matter what's on it."
IP IP Logged
sames89305
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 38

Quote sames89305 Replybullet Posted: May/29/2011 at 10:53pm
My wife has 0 tattoos but is in to what I refer as "fun stuff."

I personally have 72 dermal anchors, and my wife has 43. She has a large scarification piece on her back and has branding on her leg.

I think it is awesome that she isn't in to tattoos.

IP IP Logged
merrry
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 55

Quote merrry Replybullet Posted: May/30/2011 at 12:47am
When we met I had 2 standard sized holes in each ear and a tattoo and he had nothing. He took me for my nipples to get pierced and a year later he got his ears pierced at 4g. Now they're 00g and I've had about all the piercings tattoos and scarifications that I could possibly want,  including a dermal anchor. He has expressed interest in a tattoo and scarification, but nothing is actually planned Big%20Grin

edied to add smile

Edited by merrry - May/30/2011 at 12:48am
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!
IP IP Logged
Calem
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote Calem Replybullet Posted: May/30/2011 at 1:30am
Aye, she is, almost a full back piece and a small tattoo on her right arm. But it was not what brought us together...
Pink Floyd did that :P
IP IP Logged
MrJonz
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 112

Quote MrJonz Replybullet Posted: May/30/2011 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Calem

Pink Floyd did that :P

*Like*
Body Mods by Jonz
IP IP Logged
belle
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 25

Quote belle Replybullet Posted: May/30/2011 at 4:10am
my partner is heavily tattooed....ive had a sleeve done since we have been together, and am having laser treatment to be able to work on a chest piece...its my body, hes never said anything about me getting more tattoos..i had a full back, and leg sleeve before he came along. im not too sure how he would be about me doing a suspension..its not really on the cards for me, but if i did, its up too me. the only thing he was really vocal about was when i wanted to "shave for a cure" (shave my hair off for a cancer fundraising event)  he was like..."dont let the door hit your ass on the way out!"    i kinda figured i'd let him have his wee victory, as he doenst get too win much with me around.Wink
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

IP IP Logged
Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version