Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Tattoos
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: Excessive bleeding? Post Reply Post New Topic
zobro
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote zobro Replybullet Topic: Excessive bleeding?
    Posted: August/21/2011 at 10:12am
I had another sitting on my backpiece yesterday, and for the past two sessions, I have been bleeding a lot.  A LOT.  I thought that maybe some people just bleed a bit more than others, but even he comments on it being more than most people.  By the time I get home, I've usually sprung a leak through the bottom of the wrap (he puts a paper towel at the bottom to help), or off to the sides.

I am well fed and hydrated before I go in, I don't have anything wrong with my blood other than menstrual anemia (wasn't on my period, either) and hypoglycemia, etc.  I don't go in hungover or anything.  The only medication I'm on is birth control.

Is there anything I can do to stop leaking everywhere like a stuck pig?  Would it be a vitamin deficiency of some kind?
IP IP Logged
Carrie_p2005
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 100

Quote Carrie_p2005 Replybullet Posted: August/21/2011 at 12:42pm
Certain vitamins and herbal supplements can cause excessive bleeding.  When I had surgery in May, my doctor gave me a huge list of things to avoid 2 weeks prior to surgery.  Some things on the list were surprising, like garlic and wintergreen mints.  Other things on the list were any products containing aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen, pepto bismol, ginko bilboa, ginger, ginseng, echinacea, and vitamin E.  If you take any of things regularly, that could explain the bleeding.  Or you could just be more prone to bleeding than others.  Vitamin K supplements can help, but check with your doctor or pharmacist for proper dosage first.  Too much vitamin K can increase your risk of blood clots, especially if you sit for long sessions when getting tattooed.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: August/21/2011 at 4:47pm
Some people bleed more than others. I'm one of those "excessive" bleeders and always have to wrap up my tattoos extra well before leaving the shop. I still have leaks by the time I get home. It sounds like everything you do is pretty normal, so it can be very hard to say.
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version