Message Icon Topic: Jobs with Mods Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 4 Next >>
kaityseabrook
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote kaityseabrook Replybullet Topic: Jobs with Mods
    Posted: October/04/2011 at 2:49pm
I post this topic not to get redundant answers such as tattoo artist, piercer, working in a shop...etc. I want real answers that apply to the general public who can't work in the modification industry.

Where are places body modifcations aren't shunned by the employer? Or tell your own experience.

P.S. I am posting this before a morning cigarette and coffee. Excuse me if you don't understand the question; I sincerely apologize.
Freaks are poetry. Love us for who we are, not what we look like.
IP IP Logged
cryptorchild
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 20

Quote cryptorchild Replybullet Posted: October/04/2011 at 3:11pm
i work at outback steakhouse and for the longest time they told me i couldent wear anything in my labret and its at 12g nothing obnoxious, they also told me i couldent wear my earings that were also at a 12g, (this is when i used to buss tables), now that i am in the kitchen and not near customers they can careless about my labret and earings, so basically what im saying is most jobs that deal with the general public may not like the piercing/tattoo aspect of the mod world.

i know alot of people that have jobs and they are modd'd and they work alone or do some type of manual labor job.
IP IP Logged
hellodave
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote hellodave Replybullet Posted: October/04/2011 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by cryptorchild

i work at outback steakhouse and for the longest time they told me i couldent wear anything in my labret and its at 12g nothing obnoxious, they also told me i couldent wear my earings that were also at a 12g, (this is when i used to buss tables), now that i am in the kitchen and not near customers they can careless about my labret and earings, so basically what im saying is most jobs that deal with the general public may not like the piercing/tattoo aspect of the mod world.

i know alot of people that have jobs and they are modd'd and they work alone or do some type of manual labor job.

Although just be aware that many places dealing with food won't allow you to wear jewellery in your piercings, for health and safety reasons.

Edited by hellodave - October/04/2011 at 3:25pm
"Drink plenty of whisky and you'll live as long as me!" - Frank Smith, 1910-2006.
IP IP Logged
kaityseabrook
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote kaityseabrook Replybullet Posted: October/04/2011 at 3:47pm
Most restaurants can care less how you look in the kitchen. Maybe when DHEC comes thru but that's about it.
Freaks are poetry. Love us for who we are, not what we look like.
IP IP Logged
merrry
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 55

Quote merrry Replybullet Posted: October/04/2011 at 5:26pm
It's COULDN'T  care less! If they could, then they do care!

Now that the grammar lesson is over, some clothing and grocery stores are okay with modifications as long as they aren't considered too obnoxious by the customers. You'll be more likely to get away with more obvious mods in a situation where you don't deal with the public
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!
IP IP Logged
PeterAlsen
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 29

Quote PeterAlsen Replybullet Posted: October/04/2011 at 6:25pm
Warehouse worker, industrial work in general is where people don't give shit about how you look as long as you do the work, it's fantastic!
IP IP Logged
AyaMcCabre
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote AyaMcCabre Replybullet Posted: October/04/2011 at 7:20pm
I fail at getting jobs myself but I know that Mcdonalds limits employees to two ear piercings, and I remember seeing people working at a court house in Australia with facial piercings in.
Unnatural hair seems to rule out most things.
Time is on my side she said
He may be on your side I said, but it makes no difference in the end -
He's coming after you my friend.
IP IP Logged
jod806
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 32

Quote jod806 Replybullet Posted: October/04/2011 at 7:32pm
Was happy to see the receptionist at my local city hall with tons of tats and quiet a few nice piercings when I went to reserve a picnic area for my daughters birthday last month :)

Another thing that can lend to how acceptable most jobs are to mods is the area you live in, I'm in a smaller town but there's about 12+ tattoo studios here and probably half of us offer piercing as well...so my town is a bit more friendly to it these days than in the past.

IT jobs depending on the company and the type of work you do can be mod friendly, as well as bar/club jobs, mechanic type jobs depending on the shop, some retail jobs are mod friendly.

Really depends on your location and field...you could always run your own business as well...
SINcerely,

Juan

Website
Facebook
IP IP Logged
thesounknown
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 40

Quote thesounknown Replybullet Posted: October/04/2011 at 8:06pm
I work in a library, and in a counseling center.  I think it really depends on where you live.  My city is pretty liberal and no one really cares if I have pink hair and tattoos/piercings.  I plan to be a practicing social worker, and I'm gonna make that work with my mods :)
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: October/04/2011 at 8:18pm
I work for a construction management company as their network manager (fixing computers, their computer network, etc.) In our handbook, it states that we can't have visible tattoos or extreme modifications (it doesn't really qualify what they count as extreme though). I have my ears stretched to a 5/8" and a small brand on my forearm. This is all pretty visible, and no one has mentioned anything to me about it. I do not interact with their clients, though. 
IP IP Logged
Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version