<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: tragus rejecction/migration?? help Post Reply Post New Topic
norrisal08
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote norrisal08 Replybullet Topic: tragus rejecction/migration?? help
    Posted: October/15/2011 at 11:13am
Hi eveyone. So I got my tragus pierced 5 weeks ago and i think it is healing up pretty well.... the swelling has gone down, no redness/pain and it looks good! the only thing is, there is a little dot above it and i think thats where the piercing use to be.. it is not noticable until after I do a saline soak on it and thats when the hole looks a little bigger than usual and the mark above it is more noticable; however, when it hasnt been cleaned for a few hours it looks great and you cant even notice it... I am confused! I hope it is not rejecting beccause I LOVEEE my piercing and really dont wanna take it out...

Help please!!!

IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: October/15/2011 at 5:05pm
I'm not a pro, but I'm sure the pros on here will be able to help better if you post a picture.
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
BigMikeHOOKED
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 30

Quote BigMikeHOOKED Replybullet Posted: October/15/2011 at 5:39pm
A picture would definitely help but it sounds like you are just still healing. Keep up with your soaks as your piercing is still healing after only 5 weeks. I small amount of redness around your piercing is not out of the ordinary at this stage but since I cant see it I cant say for sure. So like I said, keep up with your aftercare and wait a few more weeks and see where you're at. 
"stay true to your obsessions" V. Vale
IP IP Logged
snowangel
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote snowangel Replybullet Posted: October/18/2011 at 4:13pm
Tragus piercings aren't that likely to reject and yours is probably just doing what a tragus does. Soaking will make a piercing hole look bigger for a short, migrating or not. It will also annoy a piercing if you do it too often or too strong, which might explain it being cranky for a bit afterward. Cartilage piercings sometimes get bumps like that too... it's not that weird. If you're worried go see your piercer about it.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: October/18/2011 at 8:53pm
Tragus migration/rejection is a pretty common problem when it's not pierced correctly. If you have a picture, it would be super helpful.
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version