Message Icon Topic: Note on Infected Piercings Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: October/24/2011 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by WickedBody

I've seen some cases of necrosis before, so I know it's not something to mess around with. The skin turns dark to almost black with necrosis right Due to the tissue dying and lack of circulation? 

Yep. Once there are small streaks or spots with deep purple to black discoloration, chances are it has already settled in.

Edited by Cale - October/24/2011 at 4:42pm
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Boogieforme
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Boogieforme Replybullet Posted: October/24/2011 at 4:45pm
"Roughly 30% of people carry Staph bacteria (and a smaller percent carry MRSA) on their skin and/or in their upper respiratory tract (inside the nose area) and don't even know it."

That doctor should know better then to say that the piercer was definately the one to blame :\. I hate it whet doctors and dentists look at mods this way.
- Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost -
IP IP Logged
WickedBody
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote WickedBody Replybullet Posted: October/24/2011 at 5:12pm
I think it was just an easy way to point a finger, and make the community look bad. 
IP IP Logged
mmm_riboflavin
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote mmm_riboflavin Replybullet Posted: October/24/2011 at 5:59pm
^  and it's always much easier to blame someone else when things go awry...
"Education is the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty." -Mark Twain
IP IP Logged
WickedBody
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote WickedBody Replybullet Posted: October/24/2011 at 6:25pm
Definitely. Why take fault for something wrong? When you can put it on someone else. 
IP IP Logged
greenmod
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 50

Quote greenmod Replybullet Posted: October/24/2011 at 7:20pm
OMFG ! seen the video like 2 or 3 weeks ago !! X')

but yeah that was insane for her.
IP IP Logged
Calem
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote Calem Replybullet Posted: October/24/2011 at 7:53pm
Occham's Razor, people.
I refuse to believe that a doctor would point to an infected needle just to "make the community look bad", that's just Paranoia Pioneering.

But Morphine, Vicodin and Percocet...
Some people have all the luck :P
IP IP Logged
jod806
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 32

Quote jod806 Replybullet Posted: October/24/2011 at 8:36pm
How about the person who made the video saying "Doc said X, Piercer said/did Y....I'm totally innocent" being the one at fault here?

I put some dermal-anchors in a clients arm who later came in with some infection and some dryness in the area. When I talked with her she claimed to be following the aftercare instructions we went over and I sent home with her, when she went to the restroom her roommate informed me on day one she removed the band-aids and was rubbing her fresh piercings on her dirty ass jeans...when she came in with a dryness issue as well she ignored my suggestions for treating that. She came back just a few days ago because she's been pulling and picking at the piercings which caused migration and we had to remove them.

She had a million theories on why she had problems, none of which stemmed from her own neglect and mistreatment, still anytime I ask her, she supposedly did everything I suggested but the minute she steps away I get informed she purely neglected the piercings.

As someone else said, it's much easier to blame everyone else, and with only making a phone call to the piercer I doubt she did much to really care for the piercing or address any issues when they first arose. "The doctor said" is just hearsay, and she may just be saying that in order to keep her story that it wasn't her fault.

On the other hand she could be being completely honest and it's why I always say check out the shop, the piercer, and the local buzz about both to find out what you may be getting yourself into.
SINcerely,

Juan

Website
Facebook
IP IP Logged
angelfetus
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 38

Quote angelfetus Replybullet Posted: October/25/2011 at 5:50am
Originally posted by Calem

Occham's Razor, people.
I refuse to believe that a doctor would point to an infected needle just to "make the community look bad", that's just Paranoia Pioneering.

But Morphine, Vicodin and Percocet...
Some people have all the luck :P

i wouldnt say he did it to 'make the community look bad'...but in my experience they do usually jump to blaming piercings/piercers for issues first, as they see it as something in the way of what they do.

ive had people tell me:
"my gyno said to take out my genital piercing, as it will cause thrush"

" the doctor said my current thorat infection is caused by my 5yr old tongue piercing"

"i had a bad infection in my ear, so the doctor said to remove my piercing straight away"

Now that is stupid logic in all cases, and in the last point....potentially dangerous.

I don't think its an attack on bodymods, they just have a single mindedness, and why work around something when they can tell you to get rid.
IP IP Logged
Calem
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote Calem Replybullet Posted: October/25/2011 at 7:43am
Or perhaps they're pointing at the most likely scenario which doctors often do as the variables are counted in the billions.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version