Message Icon Topic: Note on Infected Piercings Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
JClaude
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote JClaude Replybullet Posted: October/25/2011 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Calem

Or perhaps they're pointing at the most likely scenario which doctors often do as the variables are counted in the billions.

I am all for such simple logic.
And in this case, it is the simplest conclusion. That the infection was contracted with the "trauma".
Several causes were given as to how she could have gotten that herself, I can give you that much more how it could have been the piercer.

We will never know, so I think the best in this case is not to go all "defensive" but rather try to learn what to do in such a situation!
peRsOnal CreAtiVe

Reason #7 For Not Getting a Tattoo:
People will know you are running your own life, instead of listening to them!
"Sailor Jerry Collins, tattoo artist."

We are the beautiful freaks!
IP IP Logged
WickedBody
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote WickedBody Replybullet Posted: October/25/2011 at 12:29pm
I guess me saying that it was a way to make the community look bad was probably not the most valid, and not entirely what I meant; more so her just not wanting to own up to not doing what she should have. All in all, who knows what actually happened. Could have been a comprised piercing due to things not being sanitary. Could be a silly girl not taking care of her piercing. Could be a million and one things. Sorry for throwing out some sort of silly paranoia that the doctor would attempt to make the community look bad. I've just heard too many people claim their doctor has told them outrageous things are going wrong because of their piercings(doctors have attempted that with me as well.). So I can be a bit quick to say not all doctors really care for the body modification community.
IP IP Logged
SolidOak
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote SolidOak Replybullet Posted: October/25/2011 at 11:24pm
//

Edited by SolidOak - January/11/2012 at 11:47pm
IP IP Logged
MonicaCurbstomp
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 7

Quote MonicaCurbstomp Replybullet Posted: October/26/2011 at 10:13am
As soon as I finished watching the video and reading this thread, I went to my bedroom and bathroom and threw my sheets and towels in the washing machine.
Not that I am healing a fresh piercing, or that I am not competent at healing one.
Just reading this and thinking about this made me feel the need to clean!
IP IP Logged
Pozzy
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 94

Quote Pozzy Replybullet Posted: October/28/2011 at 7:09am
Fully agree with Cale, here in the UK we use cannula type needles fresh from a packet, if she watched the piercer remove it from a packet chances are the needle or Blade was sterile, so the doctor suggesting it was the piercer who injected it in, chances are very slim to none, it's an open wound that gets slept on, or hoodies or hats, etc can carry things on to the skin, general playing with it, tends to be a common cause of infection and products, if the piercee, was in any doubt of the sterility of the studio she should have left.

Also to note, if there have been previous or after additional cases of this type of infection, if the answer is no then it's doubtful it came from when the piercing was done.

IP IP Logged
SteveSirenic
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 35

Quote SteveSirenic Replybullet Posted: October/29/2011 at 12:31am
I'm disappointed. I was hoping too see something squeezed out of it. :(
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need no roads. -ISHC
IP IP Logged
JClaude
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote JClaude Replybullet Posted: October/29/2011 at 9:06am
Originally posted by MonicaCurbstomp

As soon as I finished watching the video and reading this thread, I went to my bedroom and bathroom and threw my sheets and towels in the washing machine. Not that I am healing a fresh piercing, or that I am not competent at healing one.Just reading this and thinking about this made me feel the need to clean!

Funny thing is, a lot of people like to shower in the morning, I like to shower before bed. If I don't I always feel I am taking my whole "day" with me to bed, car smoke, dust, etc... but I also am aware that washing sheets might not kill/clean a lot of the stuff that can lay there, even though I use stuff like oxi and colors bleach beside the detergent.
peRsOnal CreAtiVe

Reason #7 For Not Getting a Tattoo:
People will know you are running your own life, instead of listening to them!
"Sailor Jerry Collins, tattoo artist."

We are the beautiful freaks!
IP IP Logged
SolidOak
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote SolidOak Replybullet Posted: October/30/2011 at 4:12pm
//

Edited by SolidOak - January/11/2012 at 11:45pm
IP IP Logged
sadinie
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote sadinie Replybullet Posted: November/01/2011 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by JClaude

Funny thing is, a lot of people like to shower in the morning, I like to shower before bed. If I don't I always feel I am taking my whole "day" with me to bed, car smoke, dust, etc... but I also am aware that washing sheets might not kill/clean a lot of the stuff that can lay there, even though I use stuff like oxi and colors bleach beside the detergent.

That's why I shower twice a day when I can afford it, but if I have to choose, like due to time constraints, I will definitely choose to take one before bed.
And now I will go and change my sheets too.Pleased
IP IP Logged
quinnn
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 12

Quote quinnn Replybullet Posted: November/08/2011 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Pozzy

if she watched the piercer remove it from a packet chances are the needle or Blade was sterile

all it proves is that the needle was removed from a packet. 
Everything to excess. Moderation is for monks.
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version