BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Dahlia piercing Post Reply Post New Topic
skyerahh
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote skyerahh Replybullet Topic: Dahlia piercing
    Posted: February/20/2012 at 11:26am
I got dahlia piercings on Saturday and I absolutely love how they look.

They seem to be healing well, only a small amount of lymph and they're not painful, however I am extremely swollen. My cheeks have almost swollen over the backs inside my mouth. I've been taking midol and putting ice on as well as limiting my talking, and eating only liquids. I called my piercer and the jewelry I have in are the longest he has with a flat back so he said to continue with advil, ice, and get gly-oxide or peroxyl. I'm just really worried that my cheeks are going to swallow they studs.

My piercer said if necessary we can put regular barbells in but I'd have to be really careful to not bite down on the balls. Any advice?

Here's a picture of the piercings for reference:

Edited by skyerahh - February/20/2012 at 11:27am
IP IP Logged
belle
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 25

Quote belle Replybullet Posted: February/20/2012 at 1:01pm
look for a lady on here called cale, or a guy mrjonz...both are pros, who will be able to give you some advice.
good luck, they look great. love your hair!
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: February/20/2012 at 3:45pm
They're obviously not healing well if you're having absorption issues. Your jewelry is definitely too short and you need longer posts. If your piercer does not have labret posts that are long enough, go to another shop. Your problems will definitely subside once you've had a jewelry change. The piercer should have been concerned and told you to go somewhere else for longer posts if he did not have any. Continuing to take aspirin and put things on the piercings will not help and because there are already absorption problems present, the aspirin and aftercare will not help. He also suggested normal barbells, and that alone is a warning sign of an inexperienced piercer. Honestly, he should have not done the piercings, knowing he did not have jewelry long enough for the swelling.

Go see a piercer asap for longer jewelry or you're going to end up with jewelry sinking inside your cheek!

Edited by Cale - February/20/2012 at 3:48pm
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
skyerahh
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote skyerahh Replybullet Posted: February/20/2012 at 4:59pm
Thanks for the advice! I thought he'd know what to do because he's been tattooing and piercing for 30 years but I guess not. I'm going to get them changed out asap. Thanks again.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: February/20/2012 at 6:34pm
Just because someone has been doing something for a long time does not necessarily mean they are educated in what they do. Does he have a portfolio with healed piercing pictures in it? Has he done dahlia/cheek piercings before? I'm not trying to say anything bad about your piercer, but just his/someone elses word shouldn't be enough to determine if he is going to do the procedure correctly and with the right kind of jewelry. Proof of experience should always be available. :)
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
stellaluna
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote stellaluna Replybullet Posted: February/23/2012 at 12:44am
Oh my gosh, I love these! Sorry, not very helpful to the post at all but they look great on you!
IP IP Logged
jakethejake
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote jakethejake Replybullet Posted: March/08/2012 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by stellaluna

Oh my gosh, I love these! Sorry, not very helpful to the post at all but they look great on you!

I was thinking the same! they look great :)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version