BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
Message Icon Topic: Why do they wait so long? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Boogieforme
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Boogieforme Replybullet Posted: February/25/2012 at 6:18am
When I'm 100% sure that it's not my own fault, I go back quite soon. I only had trouble once when the disks of my surface piercing started to implant themselves, I went back in a day or two after noticing it. But the times I got some hypertrophic scarring on my helix, I was nervous that I wasn't doing my sss often enough anymore, and was too ashamed to go.

Edited by Boogieforme - February/25/2012 at 6:20am
- Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost -
IP IP Logged
merrry
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 55

Quote merrry Replybullet Posted: February/26/2012 at 2:18am
I think that sometimes we wait because we are in denial. Then again, lately I've taken care of my own piercing problems because I was too lazy to make the 30 minute commute
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!
IP IP Logged
ZombiePhlegm
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 17

Quote ZombiePhlegm Replybullet Posted: February/28/2012 at 7:45pm
It took me almost a year to stop being embarrassed about the bad tattoo I have on my chest. Mostly because I was ashamed of myself and the artist that did it.

The Unbreakable!
IP IP Logged
sh4ky
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote sh4ky Replybullet Posted: May/23/2012 at 7:20pm
While not technically the same as a piercing failure, this maybe the same or a similar mindset you describe. My reasons for my behaviour were embarrassment, fear of pain/doctors/professionals etc, a touch of general laziness, a LOT of 'it'll be ok' attitude, they all play a part in this. 

So what happened is, on a Monday arvo many years ago, while cutting wood with a circular saw, I managed to 'catch' the end of my middle finger on the slowing 4mm wide blade. Needless to say it was a little bloody and messy, but didn't hurt. So I cleaned it up, antibacterialed it and bandaged it up. Over the next few days it progressively hurt more and more (go figure!) until I got to the point I couldn't make any sudden moves with my hand because of the resultant pain from that. It sort of screwed me at work ( my work is very hands on) and by the Thursday, when I couldn't handle the pain any more I finally caved and went to the dr's. It was there, after having to explain this happening three days ago, I felt probably more embarrassment and fear (of an outcome that should have been a lot worse) than if I'd gone three days beforehand! He just sat there shaking his head in disbelief at my stupidity, a guy who's fingertip, fingernail and nerves had basically been mulched!

Fortunately I have not had issues with the mods I have other than the odd tenderness here and there when caught or snagged. Yet!
You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be
IP IP Logged
Aya McCabre
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 2

Quote Aya McCabre Replybullet Posted: May/24/2012 at 2:25am
I'm pretty sure I'm doing this now, and it's because I can't get good information. The nearest competent piercer is six hour away by bus and there's very little to see, so posting pictures on here hasn't been very helpful. I have plenty of people telling me there might be a problem, but also plenty of people telling me there isn't. Still holding out hope that the next thing I try will fix it.
Time is on my side she said.
He may be on your side I said, but it makes no difference in the end,
He's coming after you my friend.......
IP IP Logged
unLuckyinLove
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote unLuckyinLove Replybullet Posted: June/03/2012 at 4:37am
The artist I worked with last always gave out his cell phone number or at least a number that he could always be reached out to by his customers.

Maybe that way it felt a little more personal and they didn't worry as much?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version