<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Hardcore
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Hardcore
Message Icon Topic: Tongue Splitting When Tongue Tied (Short Frenulum) Post Reply Post New Topic
gothpugs
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote gothpugs Replybullet Topic: Tongue Splitting When Tongue Tied (Short Frenulum)
    Posted: February/28/2012 at 8:12pm
Tongue Splitting When Tongue Tied (Short Frenulum)

I have a short frenulum, short enough that I am unable to get my tongue pierced centrally, nor am I able to have venoms due to wide / branching veins.

What are the chances of me finding someone able to split my tongue for me?

I went to see Dave of modern savage in wakefield, who using the cautery laser to split tongues.

He said the only way that I would be able to get my tongue split would be to have my frenulum also cut back to free up my tongue, and even then it would be awkward due to veins branching inwards.

What are my chances of getting my tongue split, or is it off the cards entirely?

I'm 21 and have wanted this doing since I was 14, and now that I am in a position that I am happy it is something I definetly want, I find myself facing the fact I may not be able to, and its a bit gutting!
IP IP Logged
Keiran1980
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 73

Quote Keiran1980 Replybullet Posted: February/29/2012 at 5:57am
Without taking a look at the tongue in person I doubt anyone could give you a 100% definite answer.
You could post a series of photographs of your tongue on here which would allow a reasonable level of assessment.
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson
IP IP Logged
PeterAlsen
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 29

Quote PeterAlsen Replybullet Posted: February/29/2012 at 6:22am
Remove frenulumm and then split it :)
IP IP Logged
gothpugs
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote gothpugs Replybullet Posted: February/29/2012 at 7:47am
I really don't want to remove my frenulum, though I wouldn't mind having it cut to allow my tongue to move / be split.

Is the cautery method the best way to go? for the tongue and frenulum?
IP IP Logged
gothpugs
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote gothpugs Replybullet Posted: March/03/2012 at 2:36pm
What is the best method of tongue splitting?

I don't want to just go on the advice of the guy thats doing it, as he's obviously going to plug his method...

The place near me that does tongue splitting, uses the cautery method and then he gets you to gargle with hydrogen peroxide, as according to him this cuts off all the nerves/tissue and helps to prevent regrowth?
9 Tattoos...

Septum Piercing....

Lip Piercing x3...
IP IP Logged
bondagekitten
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote bondagekitten Replybullet Posted: March/04/2012 at 6:09pm
not a pro but I've never heard of gargling hydrogen peroxide, in fact I would probably be off looking for another pro to do my split if I was adivsed to gargle with something that can burn flesh and is a poison (not sure how much at what strength would do serious damage but I would not want to take a risk with that)
"Take me as I am or not at all" - Ginger (from The Wildhearts)
IP IP Logged
PeterAlsen
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 29

Quote PeterAlsen Replybullet Posted: March/04/2012 at 7:13pm
Hydrogen peroxide is desinfectant, but its use was also stopped in the medical industry because of the increased risks of more scarring than necessary. This is why it can be good for scarifications, but it still has to be washed off after 10 or so minutes as it can burn the skin/flesh.

I would never use it in my mouth or recommend anyone to put in in their mouth. Also, increased scarring is not what one wants when tongue splitting.

I have plans to split my tongue but then it will be scalpel and suture, no other method for me.

Edited by PeterAlsen - March/05/2012 at 5:57am
IP IP Logged
Goat_Feet
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 31

Quote Goat_Feet Replybullet Posted: March/04/2012 at 11:25pm
+1 to PeterAlsen.

Snip that frenulum then split that shit. Easy fix.
IP IP Logged
gothpugs
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote gothpugs Replybullet Posted: March/07/2012 at 6:01pm
Can anyone reccommend anyone in England, that would be a good to do the split for me, and average price?
9 Tattoos...

Septum Piercing....

Lip Piercing x3...
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: March/07/2012 at 9:14pm
I've seen tongue splitting done in many ways, and cautery is definitely the best method! If you need the frenulum cut/cauterized for the sake of the splitting, do it!

I don't know about anyone in England specifically, but there are many reputable modification artists who live in Europe that very likely often travel to England for guest work, or perhaps you could go to them. :)
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version