<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: What to expect from anchor removal Post Reply Post New Topic
stillill
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote stillill Replybullet Topic: What to expect from anchor removal
    Posted: March/22/2012 at 10:03am
I have one dermal anchor under each clavicle. They are a little over 2 yrs old, not rejecting, it just turns out I really don't like them anymore.

If I remember correctly.. the jewelry has 2 holes in the feet.

I have put off making a thread like this for weeks because I think it is kind of dumb/annoying to try to ask people how it FEELS.. But I have gotten anxious enough about it to finally make one anyway..

My dermal anchor installations were my most painful mods (pretty sure they shouldn't have been), much more traumatic for me than dermal punched labret and my first tattoo (rib piece).

Can't think of any more info to include right now... I just know that I've heard that sometimes the jewelry can just be massaged out, and people have said a scalpel is rarely needed. But this entire time I've pretty much assumed I'll need them cut out because I imagine the skin has healed around the holes in the foot.....

I don't know! It's not like a pressing matter or anything, they're not rejecting, but it's something I think about every day and just need to get it done..
Soon you'll be
more tree
than person.

You'll go camping
in the woods
and never come back.
IP IP Logged
mspiggy
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 77

Quote mspiggy Replybullet Posted: March/22/2012 at 12:56pm
From my experience, if you want your dermal anchors out while it's healing well, the removal procedure is quite uncomfortable (if not a little more painful) since the dermal base is anchored tightly in your skin, it takes more work to be removed. It depends on the piercer, some might use a small needle or a sharp blade to help releasing the skin bonded on the longer foot/bigger hole
Tee/Piercer/Charlotte,NC

Keep it dry, keep it still, keep it clean
IP IP Logged
stillill
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote stillill Replybullet Posted: March/22/2012 at 8:53pm
Agh I was worried about that. Do you think that I am just better off waiting until they start to reject or something? D: Who knows how long that'll be (which seems like a good thing but kinda sucks right now heh)...
Soon you'll be
more tree
than person.

You'll go camping
in the woods
and never come back.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version