Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Tragus piercing, again. Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
moony13
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote moony13 Replybullet Topic: Tragus piercing, again.
    Posted: March/29/2012 at 2:22pm
Hi ! How are you guys?
So. 3rd time I have had my tragus pierced, 3rd time I have hypertrophic scarring.
First it was a curved barbell (a banana), hypertrophic scarring, had it removed. Second time labret stud, wrong placement, had it removed. This time, labret stud, hypertrophic scarring.
Does my body just not like tragus piercings? Do all piercers I go to suck? Do I suck?
I have been doing sea salt soaks 1x a day, and somedays I do chamomile soaks too.
What should I do?
No professional at all, just a fan of piercings (:
IP IP Logged
pierced_celt
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote pierced_celt Replybullet Posted: March/29/2012 at 2:34pm
Not a pro but you need at least 2 sss a day.
IP IP Logged
erinarney
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 37

Quote erinarney Replybullet Posted: March/29/2012 at 8:31pm
Many people have problems with hypertrophy scarring on piercings in cartilage. Do your sea salt soaks twice a day with very warm water and do a hot compress with camomile tea. You have to stay on top of it or it will never go away.
rdhdedstpchld
IP IP Logged
moony13
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote moony13 Replybullet Posted: March/30/2012 at 10:40am
I'll do that... I'm so tired of it !
IP IP Logged
LeeLee1341
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote LeeLee1341 Replybullet Posted: April/05/2012 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by moony13

I'll do that... I'm so tired of it !

How is it going so far?
IP IP Logged
moony13
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote moony13 Replybullet Posted: April/12/2012 at 1:49pm
Not so good. Hypertrophic scarring used to be focused on the front, now it's gone to the back. Chamomile soaks seem to work, I do them twice a day and it seems to decrease in size and sometimes a layer of skin seems to peel of... But it still looks like crap, it's definitly not good. And also it seems like the "buble" on the front is pushing the piercing down :x oh well...

Edited by moony13 - April/12/2012 at 2:55pm
IP IP Logged
erinarney
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 37

Quote erinarney Replybullet Posted: April/12/2012 at 7:06pm
The fact that your piercing is peeling is a sign of migration. Do you have a pic of the piercing then and now?
rdhdedstpchld
IP IP Logged
moony13
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote moony13 Replybullet Posted: April/13/2012 at 6:33am
Of then I have one but it's not very good, and I can take of it now... I'll post it later..
IP IP Logged
moony13
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote moony13 Replybullet Posted: April/13/2012 at 1:54pm
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: April/13/2012 at 3:13pm
The placement seems a little "deep" and the angle could be part of what is causing the problems. Do you know what kind of metal the jewelry is? This is a little more than just some scarring..it looks as is there is a little inflammation as well. I would recommend going to a reputable piercer and having some titanium installed. It's possible that what you're experiencing is a combination of poor placement and low quality jewelry.

Also, it's important to keep your cleaning regiment simple and consistent. Your sea salt soaks should be 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized sea salt in 8 oz  (1 cup) of very warm water (you can also buy sea salt spray in a can and warm it in a shot glass). Soak for three to five minutes at a time then rinse with water afterward. You should clean your piercings two to three times a day this way. If you want to do a chamomile tea bag compress, just steep a bag of chamomile and hold it over the piercing for five minutes on, fives minutes off, then re-heat for five minutes on again. Once a day a long with the sea salt soaks should be great. There will be peeling (it's common for scarring to peel repeatedly) and crusties and it's easy to remove with a q-tip after a soak, but never force anything off. Don't move the jewelry back and forth or spin it around, even during cleaning (let it move around on it's own). Keep your hair off of it, and no ear buds. No makeup or facewash on the piercing either. With shampoo, just wash your hair over to the side until the scarring has dissipated. Basically, just don't touch it unless you are cleaning it, and if you need to, wash your hands first! Keeping up on your aftercare is important when it comes to piercings having problems. I hope this helps. :)

Edited by Cale - April/13/2012 at 3:13pm
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version