<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Stretched too fast (I'll admit it) - Infection? Post Reply Post New Topic
meetthewretched
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote meetthewretched Replybullet Topic: Stretched too fast (I'll admit it) - Infection?
    Posted: August/01/2012 at 11:34am
I've been sitting at a 2g for a few months now, after stretching my ears over a period of 3 years. I've always gone relatively slow, I let my ears rest, etc. I had stretched them to 0g with stainless steel tapers, but couldn't fit the 0g double flare plug in. So I taped it and I soon realized I had stretched too big because the 0g fell out and I could fit brand 00g plugs I had been saving in my ears.
Now super swollen, I had to leave for an overnight work shift. Later that night, noticed bruising on the side of my left ear and decided to check it out in the morning. Woke up, took out the plug (figuring it was built up blood - it hadn't bled when I stretched?) and blood gushed out! :/ So I cleaned it up and left it open until I left work and went home. I tried a smaller gauge, but it kept falling out, and I couldn't find anything that would fit. So I've left it open. It's draining (yellow and clear liquid) as well as still bleeding a little.
I've started doing sea salt water soaks in the morning and night to help keep it clean, but I don't know what else to do. The other is doing perfectly fine, no swelling or anything. :/

-Been sick the last 2 nights for no apparent reason - could it be from this??
IP IP Logged
Coopdaloop
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 45

Quote Coopdaloop Replybullet Posted: August/01/2012 at 4:39pm
If its a slightly yellow or clear discharge its not necessarily infection. your ear is probably just irritated from the jump in gauges. keep using the sea salt soaks for a few more days and see what happens. as far as the bleeding you probably tore it while sleeping like i said just keep an eye on it for know and see what happens.
Coopdaloop
IP IP Logged
SteveSirenic
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 35

Quote SteveSirenic Replybullet Posted: August/02/2012 at 2:40am
I doubt it's making you sick. I'd attribute that more to paranoia.

My advice is simply. Drink some juice, rest. And for your ear. Leave the jewelry out and let it heal. There is no point in putting extra tension on what is now an open wound.

Before doing your sea salt soak try using a chamomile tea compress. I usually soak gauze in warm tea and use that. Afterwards do your sea salt soak. It'll do wonders for the irritation.

A small dose of ibuprofen will also help reduce the swelling.   
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need no roads. -ISHC
IP IP Logged
zoeybevan
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote zoeybevan Replybullet Posted: August/05/2012 at 11:08pm
I don't do gauges, as I'm from the UK haha.. But I stretched my ear from I'd say 1.2mm to a 6mm (I KNOW, stupid, but I did it). Luckily my ears were fine with it, never had any problems or discharge or anything :-)
From the sounds of it it does sound like your ear is just extremely unhappy :-( I'd continue with the sea salt soaks DAILY. Once you do go back to your jewellery (I'd not put any jewellery in it at the moment) downsize it and don't attempt to stretch it again for another 7 months to make sure that your ear has recovered from whatever has happened to it.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version