Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Aftercare Q&A
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Aftercare Q&A
Message Icon Topic: Microdermal cleaning? Post Reply Post New Topic
zoeybevan
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote zoeybevan Replybullet Topic: Microdermal cleaning?
    Posted: September/06/2012 at 9:09am
Hi :)
I've been in here before asking about my microdermal and after a while and everything was fine with it

Well the other night I thought I could see the foot I my dermal from under my skin (the dermal is on my left clavicle) but it was just ever so slightly and was probably me being paranoid. But last night I noticed it was red around the microdermal, so when I went in the shower an just let water run over it. When I woke up this morning it has gotten worse :( it is sore to touch and was crusty ( picture below) and I was wondering if this meant it was rejecting? Or just a little flare up or infection? And how should I clean/treat it? Thank you :(

http://twitter.com/zoeybevan/status/243697151618740224/photo/1
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: September/06/2012 at 1:48pm
It's possible it just got irritated by some dirt or maybe you slept on it wrong. Just do some hot compresses and keep the crusties removed. Don't stick anything underneath it though as this may make it migrate. For the record, I have anchors that will flare up from time to time. It is just something that happens. Unlike a normal piercing, there is no real "exit point" for anchors to secrete so it just builds up in the hole and once in a while it will flare up to secrete and get rid of the sebum/dirt/whatever. Just don't over think it. It's what they do!
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version