<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Event: Irritated Dermal!! - Event Date: September/08/2012 Post Reply Post New Topic
teenabug
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: -1

Quote teenabug Replybullet Calendar Event: Irritated Dermal!!
    Posted: September/08/2012 at 6:45pm
I got a dermal anchor about 3 years ago right above my cleavage. I had no problems with it first 2 1/2 years. now last 6 months seams like it has a keloid but its also very painful when when pushed on a certain way. And leaks yellowish stuff, sometimes it will also have a pus bloody scab around it. I currently have not had a top on it for 5 months hoping it will get better, and clean it daily. It doesnt hurt all the time only when you push upwards on it and the pain comes from top half of anchor not whole anchor. The keloid is on the bottom of the anchor and pain comes from opposit side. Any ideas?! please i love this piercing but afraid its gonna have to come out.

Edited by teenabug - September/08/2012 at 6:50pm
IP IP Logged
teenabug
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: -1

Quote teenabug Replybullet Posted: September/08/2012 at 6:50pm
IP IP Logged
ThoughtPr0n
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 10

Quote ThoughtPr0n Replybullet Posted: September/10/2012 at 11:01am
It looks like it is rejecting. The shinny tissue and redness are not a good sign, and you can see the shape of the jewelry very well, which is also a bad sign. If warm saline compresses do not help, used along with soft tissue massages, then it may need to come out. See your piercer and they will be able to give you a better idea of what's happening, since they can feel it.
Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator. And change has its enemies.
-Robert Kennedy
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: September/10/2012 at 4:06pm
It is not a keloid. It looks like fluid build up underneath the piercing. Sometimes it's hard for anchors to drain without a little help, and it is NORMAL to have fluid build up from time to time when it comes to long term anchors (but honestly the inevitable fate will be loss of the piercing). Hot compresses with some minor massaging will usually help drainage. If you do not help the fluid escape, it will eventually migrate all of the way out. The anchor in my chest is seven years old and every couple years or so it will get a lump of fluid next to it then drain. I also see this in clients with long term anchors. It happens because there is no real place for naturally occurring sebum to escape like it would for a normal piercing with two ends/holes. It sits there in the hole, barely escaping, and if you snag it, it will become irritated and retain fluid.

How are you cleaning it? I would recommend putting a top back on it to avoid snagging the stem anymore. Also, stop pushing on it!

Rejection generally looks like severe redness, being able to clearly see a shiny foot underneath, and also the jewelry moving around every which way under the skin. Your body creates an irritation for you to remove the jewelry. If you've been experiencing this for months, it's not rejection as you would have already lost the piercing. Migration is when the jewelry pushes itself slowly outward. This CAN happen when fluid builds up underneath the piercing and isn't drained accordingly. I hope this helps. :)
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version