<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Tattoos
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: Retired 4G septum for re piercing... Need advice. Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
PainfullyPoetic
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote PainfullyPoetic Replybullet Topic: Retired 4G septum for re piercing... Need advice.
    Posted: October/27/2012 at 7:09am
Retired my 4G septum yesterday and it has already closed. How long should I wait to repierce and why. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

It was originally pierced in 2006.

I plan on piercing at at higher position. Not the same spot. And by closed up, I mean that you can't see light through it.

I have no idea how I posted this in the wrong forum. Some can delete this if they like, or better yet, move it to the piercing forum.

Edited by PainfullyPoetic - October/27/2012 at 4:48pm
I am pierced, therefore I am.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: October/27/2012 at 6:58pm
How long has the jewelry been out? If it's already closed up and has been a few weeks or longer, it should be fine, especially since you're opting for a different location. :)
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
PainfullyPoetic
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote PainfullyPoetic Replybullet Posted: October/27/2012 at 9:24pm
Only been out for a couple of days. Had just recently stretched from a 6g to a 4G but decided it was to crooked and low to stretch to the size I'd like.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: October/27/2012 at 9:32pm
Definitely wait a little longer. If the new hole is close to your old hole and you haven't given it time to heal, you may experience the holes combining and then you'll be left with that weird placement again.
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
pierced_celt
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote pierced_celt Replybullet Posted: October/27/2012 at 11:42pm
Didnt u post that ur septum was crooked/broken in another post(correct me if Im wrong,soo many new members n I cant remember em all)if not then take cales advice,

Edited by pierced_celt - October/27/2012 at 11:46pm
IP IP Logged
PainfullyPoetic
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote PainfullyPoetic Replybullet Posted: October/28/2012 at 7:11am
No, I think that was modaddict in the nassalang thread.

But.... My whole F'ing nose is crooked cuz when I was like 10 it got broke and ripped opeJ in a car accident (no, I was not driving. :op) Doctors couldn't tie their own shoes, let alone sew up my nose. So I have been plagued with septum problems for a while. What a mess. I don't know if this contributed to the bad / crooked placement or not, but from looking at my nose, if I go a bit higher I don't think I'll have problems. Even if I do, I'm hoping it won't be seen. I only plan on putting retainers and plugs in. I have my septum pierced twice. I still have the 10g in which I wear a segment ring in. Got mod pics up iffin our interested. Maybe I'm rambling. Again, I think that was modaddict, cuz I don't tell many people about my FUed nose.

Thanks Cale, that was one of my concerns, the new piercing migrating, or merging with the old placement.

Of course, I eventually plan on stretching after I'm pierced and healed. Would I be correct in thinking that it would be better to pierce with a larger gauge needle (like a 6g) to avoid the two from merging?

Thanks Cale!

Edited by PainfullyPoetic - October/28/2012 at 7:28am
IP IP Logged
PainfullyPoetic
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote PainfullyPoetic Replybullet Posted: October/28/2012 at 7:51am
Maybe it's the lighting in this photo, but you can really see how crooked, off, whatever, my F'ing nose is.

I have both 4g and a 10g in this pic. You can only see the 10,which has been pierced straight.

When I was younger, people, even family would tell me I had a booger on my nose, ciz it was stitched up wrong. And I'd get all bent out of shape saying, "it's not a booger. It's skin!" lol, perfect for the self esteem of a pubescent adolescent with enough problems. Fast forward 15 years and now my septum jewelry sits crooked. Rub salt on the wound, ad insult to injury! Why not? So... I'm on a quest to get that bugger pierced straight. 5th time a charm? Lol

More pics on my mod page.

Edited by PainfullyPoetic - October/28/2012 at 10:31am
IP IP Logged
PainfullyPoetic
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote PainfullyPoetic Replybullet Posted: October/28/2012 at 7:59am
To top it off my F'ing ears are crooked too! Lol, Fock it!

I was surprised when I seen this pic cuz my nose don't look like that in the mirror!?!? That bad...
IP IP Logged
SolidOak
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote SolidOak Replybullet Posted: October/31/2012 at 12:55am
Most peoples ears are crooked, and sometimes one larger than the other heh. You may also notice that your nostril is larger than your left nostril.

I am not a pro but in my opinion it looks great, it sitting flush with your face and is a nice size. I also like that its back farther from the tip of your nose.

Mine is pretty close to the tip, which has been taken me a while to get used to but I found the perfect ring for it now. It's my favorite piercing.
IP IP Logged
SolidOak
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote SolidOak Replybullet Posted: January/08/2013 at 2:57am
Did I mention that I think your nose, and septum look great
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version