BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : General Talk About Anything
Message Icon Topic: Travels! Post Reply Post New Topic
chcl3
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote chcl3 Replybullet Topic: Travels!
    Posted: November/07/2012 at 10:28pm
So i've made my first trip last year, and traveling is definetly something i want to do as much as i can in the future!

I think it could be fun to share our experiences, it could be helpfull and give ideas to anyone who plans on taking a break! Big%20Grin

1.Where did you go? / How? (Roadtrip, plane, train hopping, teleportation?)
2.Where have you stayed? / Recommend or avoid?
3.Things you loved the most?
4.Things you hated the most?
5.Activities / stores / bars / touristic attractions that you consider a must see/do!
6. Would you go back or not?

If you never traveled, you could also answer to this by talking about the city you live in!

IP IP Logged
Kissadilla
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Kissadilla Replybullet Posted: November/14/2012 at 5:44pm
My most recent trip was to Seattle for an Owl City concert :D It was at the end of September this year and I was there about three days.

1.Where did you go? / How? (Roadtrip, plane, train hopping, teleportation?)
I was going to drive there but my mom bought me a plane ticket at the last minute. That helped soo much because it gave me more time there and less time traveling. The public transportation system was very easy to navigate and was a lot faster than driving would have been. Enter your location/destination/time on their website and it gives you your own schedule.

2.Where have you stayed? / Recommend or avoid? The College Inn. Highly recommended as it was very cheap and very homey. Continental breakfast was served every morning on the top floor too. It is European style there there is one men's and one women's bathroom per floor. There are sinks in the rooms though. Right next to all sorts of places to eat and drink since it's in the college district. I ate at The Banana Leaf Thai Cafe downstairs, very yummy!

3.Things you loved the most? The concert, duh. Also Pike Place and the EMP museum. Everyone there has been so friendly every time I have visited. The weather was gorgeous too.

4.Things you hated the most? Adam walking off stage. NOOO.

5.Activities / stores / bars / touristic attractions that you consider a must see/do!
Pike Place Market! I went on the ghost tour and bought the tea shop's signature cinnamon orange tea. I'm seriously addicted to that stuff. I'm drinking it right now even ;) The EMP museum was also awesome if you're into music or theater. All sorts of artifacts. I went to the aquarium too 'cause I love sea creatures. There's a touching pool and a jellyfish donut!

6. Would you go back or not? Yes, can't wait to go back! I love the West coast. :)

Edited by Kissadilla - November/14/2012 at 5:51pm
IP IP Logged
chcl3
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote chcl3 Replybullet Posted: November/16/2012 at 12:21pm
Nice!! Thank you, Seattle is on my list, there is always great shows going on there!!
IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: November/16/2012 at 12:33pm
My first "vacation" in many years was going up north to Duluth, Minnesota this past Summer. On our way home we went to Ely to go rock climbing.

1.Where did you go? / How?  Duluth, it's about a 2.5 hour drive from where I live so we drove.
2.Where have you stayed? / Recommend or avoid? A best western right outside of Duluth. I would stay there again, it was a cheap little place but it seemed clean, the price was right, and the people were friendly. It was about 10 minutes away from everything we did, which was nice.
3.Things you loved the most? The sights were pretty (especially from 10,000 feet in the air), climbing in Eli was beautiful. I overall loved it there, if I didn't have such a good job here I'd consider moving there.
4.Things you hated the most? The restaurant we stopped at didn't have enough food selection for me, but I'm the pickiest eater ever... the drink selection there was delicious. It was some Mexican place. That was about it.
5.Activities / stores / bars / touristic attractions that you consider a must see/do! SKY DIVING!!!!!!!!!! If you have ever considered doing this, I very strongly recommend it. You will love it. The people who worked at Skydive Superior were very friendly.
6. Would you go back or not? YES, my boyfriend and I have plans for a romantic weekend (nice hotel and all) there hopefully next Summer. We want to see some other sights there as well (like go to the zoo), and go sky diving again.

Edited by tattooedtrish - November/16/2012 at 12:34pm
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version