Message Icon Topic: Clavicle microdermal question Post Reply Post New Topic
zoeybevan
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote zoeybevan Replybullet Topic: Clavicle microdermal question
    Posted: November/09/2012 at 11:04am
Hello :)

I came on here about 2 months ago as I was having trouble with my microdermal lifting and it got infected, but that cleared up after a few days and it stopped lifting

But the other day I was in work and my hair got caught under it and I keep forgetting that I have a microdermal sometimes and I moved my hair and it pulled it a little bit, I straight away went to check it and it was fine, wasn't red or lifted it just hurt like a bitch. Haha

But now it's back to being infected :( does this mean that I could of possibly reset the healing time as I've had it since July and I desperately want to change the top of it as the one I have at the moment is quite large and I always get hair caught under it. Or has it just got infected because it had a bit of a jump? I'm probably over reacting again I just absolutely love it. Thank you :)
IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 124

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: November/09/2012 at 11:22am
What symptoms are you having that makes you think it is infected. Every pissed off piercing is not infected (most are not), and if it truly is (known for sure only with a culture), there is nothing we can do other than suggest you see a doctor. If it's not, and it's just irritated, continue your saline aftercare and leave it alone until it's no longer problematic.  Microdermal anchors are not considered permanent by many / most piercers, and they can stay pissed off and irritated for ever from day to day abuse like your hair snags. Your piercer would be the smart first stop in this issue.
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
IP IP Logged
hellodave
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote hellodave Replybullet Posted: November/09/2012 at 11:26am
Sounds like it is irritated, rather than infected. Microdermals are prone to this, especially of they've been knocked or caught. Treat it as if it's a new piercing and be careful not to catch it again and it should start feeling better.
Edit: 'tana beat me!

Edited by hellodave - November/09/2012 at 11:27am
"Drink plenty of whisky and you'll live as long as me!" - Frank Smith, 1910-2006.
IP IP Logged
zoeybevan
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote zoeybevan Replybullet Posted: November/09/2012 at 11:49am
I would go to my piercer but its 15 miles away and I cannot drive yet and by the time I finish work etc I won't have enough time to get there :(

But yeah, I guess I do get infected mixed up with irratated.. My last one was definitely infected as it had all yellow crust and it was inflamed and had all sorts of nasty stuff going on with it but this one is just red with some clear sort of crust by it. If I press down on it over a shirt it feels quite bruised? I shall continue with the soaks and if it doesn't clean up I guess I'll have to find some time to go back to my piercer. Thank you :)
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: November/09/2012 at 3:35pm
It's only two months old so it could still be in a state of healing, especially if you've been snagging it. It's important to just keep it clean and let it drain. Clear to yellow secretion and yellowish crust is normal to experience during irritation phases. It will help if you become more aware of its presence, and also to stop pushing down on it. 
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
zoeybevan
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote zoeybevan Replybullet Posted: November/10/2012 at 10:31am
I've had it since July, it's coming up to being 4 months old now :)
I put a plaster over it yesterday (cut the plaster so it could breathe and I didn't fuse it down on top of the dermal) but now this morning the redness has gone down a considerable amount so hopefully it was just irritated from being snagged. Thanks for the help!:)
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: November/10/2012 at 1:49pm
I don't know what a plaster is, but I would avoid putting anything on your anchor! Hot compresses will help it continue to drain and the irritation to go away. Just remember to not forget it's there and your problems will begin to subside. :)
Miss Cale
facebook.
IP IP Logged
hellodave
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote hellodave Replybullet Posted: November/10/2012 at 2:22pm
Plaster = "band-aid" ;]
"Drink plenty of whisky and you'll live as long as me!" - Frank Smith, 1910-2006.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: November/10/2012 at 3:22pm
Ahhhhhh! I've never heard that slang for a band aid before. haha.
Miss Cale
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version