BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: tinia versicolor + tattoos :[ Post Reply Post New Topic
AlienMouth
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote AlienMouth Replybullet Topic: tinia versicolor + tattoos :[
    Posted: November/15/2012 at 10:56am
Well, this is what Tinia Versicolor looks like.. http://dermtexas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Tinea-Versicolor.jpg

(I don't remember technical details but) it's a condition in which the persons upper trunk has a minor fungal problem and it causes your body's natural yeast to essentially bleach your skin.. Leaving colorless splotches. It is treatable, but usually returns months later..

Now, I've been getting tattoo'd since I was a teenager and was recently diagnosed with this problem, after seeing my doctor and freaking out about it.

It has put white spots in the untattood gaps in my upper sleeves, and made the inked areas appear lightened (until I tan) but then the spots come back after a couple weeks..

I almost feel like it's pointless to finish any of my upper body work if it's going to be spotty and look like crap :(

Should I just give up with upper body tattoos or does anybody here have experience with tattooing a client who had spots and have some sort of motivational information for me :(?
IP IP Logged
Keiran1980
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 74

Quote Keiran1980 Replybullet Posted: November/15/2012 at 3:07pm
To be honest if you are tanning your tattoos they will become blurred and patchy anyway given enough time so I don't think the condition will make much difference.

I know people with vertiligo (which is a condition that has a visually similar effect)  who have tattoos and the tattoos look fine over the patches of non-pigmented skin, but I have not encounted someone with your speficic condition so the effect of tattooing may be different.
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson
IP IP Logged
flutegoddess
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 46

Quote flutegoddess Replybullet Posted: November/18/2012 at 3:56pm
I had Tinia Versicolor and it presented as dark red splotches. Extra strength nizoral shampoo killed it quickly tho, maybe find a new dermatologist to hook you up with something to actually fix the problem.
IP IP Logged
AlienMouth
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote AlienMouth Replybullet Posted: November/26/2012 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Keiran1980

To be honest if you are tanning your tattoos they will become blurred and patchy anyway given enough time so I don't think the condition will make much difference. I know people with vertiligo (which is a condition that has a visually similar effect)  who have tattoos and the tattoos look fine over the patches of non-pigmented skin, but I have not encounted someone with your speficic condition so the effect of tattooing may be different.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Mine is treatable and is making great progress going away at the moment.

- removed this part of this post, I was half asleep and what I posted made absolutely no sense..

@other poster: Thanks, I'll try to order some as soon as possible!

Edited by AlienMouth - December/21/2012 at 10:09am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version