<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Are my ears thinning out (with pictures now) Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
IvanFiveLiter
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote IvanFiveLiter Replybullet Topic: Are my ears thinning out (with pictures now)
    Posted: December/24/2012 at 3:09am
Some people may have already seen this i finally got a few pictures of my ears bear with me because it was a little difficult to angle parts of my ear so this is the best that i could do. The following pictures are of my right ear lobe . My left ear lobe looks about the same ill post those on this thread if i get some good responses and advice. i know my ear lobe looks graphic but its not as bad as it looks on camera in person lol. The following photos were taken 5 min after a hot shower and my lobe still had some dried skin around it and i have a few pictures of what my ear looks like with a 7/8 double flare stainless steel tunnel with a 1/2 inch wearable area. I want to stretch to 1 inch which would be the 3mm jump 22mm-25mm. Just want to know if my ears look to thin to go to that size. They are a bit shiny because of the vitamin E oil i applied.

IP IP Logged
AlienMouth
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote AlienMouth Replybullet Posted: December/24/2012 at 8:37pm
Those poor earlobes :/

Edit:
You need to stop jumping sizes, it looks like your lobes are just huge blow outs.

Edited by AlienMouth - December/24/2012 at 8:39pm
IP IP Logged
IvanFiveLiter
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote IvanFiveLiter Replybullet Posted: December/24/2012 at 11:08pm
like ive said before, i was stupid in the past i rushed my ears looked this bad because i had a very very bad blowout going to 5/8 back in january of 2011 and i let them heal that way. The camera makes them look more drastic then they would if you looked at them in person. They look inflamated because of the dry winter skin thing. Theres no more skipping sizes so that suggestion wont help lol i taped up over the past 2 years to what im at now from 5/8 now 7/8
IP IP Logged
AlienMouth
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote AlienMouth Replybullet Posted: December/25/2012 at 1:03am
I would down size, let them recover, and doing oil massages. Then slowly make my way back up if I were you.
I'm not a professional but that's pretty much what you'll get.
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: December/25/2012 at 3:07am
They look crusted, scabby, and dry. The inside looks like you have tears in the skin. I would suggest you downsize or leave out your jewelry all together for a few months and let them heal. The blowout may recede, and if you stretch up slowly again, going to 1" should be no problem. I don't suggest you go from 7/8" to 1" in one go - go to 15/16" first.
IP IP Logged
IvanFiveLiter
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote IvanFiveLiter Replybullet Posted: December/25/2012 at 10:18am
yea i know i never skip or rush anymore, i would tape up to 1 inch over time i take my time. The only problem is i cant leave my plugs out for like 1 hour and they get difficult to put back in so my ears definitely close up a bit. But im worried that if i do let them close or down size too much that i wont be able to stretch back or it will make it a lot more difficult because of my blowouts
IP IP Logged
LauraOhFace
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote LauraOhFace Replybullet Posted: December/25/2012 at 4:42pm
Downsize. Let them heal or the problems will only get worse
IP IP Logged
IvanFiveLiter
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote IvanFiveLiter Replybullet Posted: December/26/2012 at 2:35am
i wanna stay at this size a for a little while you think ill be ok? i originally did not plan to go up before downsizing for a little while,but honestly i feel like my ears will never really heal up even if i downsize so what the hell
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: January/04/2013 at 8:23am
There's no harm in downsizing or taking your plugs out. Why wouldn't you? If your body won't let you get to the size you want, you can always try scalpelling. There's no shame in losing a few sizes to let them heal.

Obviously you don't want to hear that downsizing is what will help since you keep asking if you can just stay at the size you're at, so do whatever you want.
IP IP Logged
SolidOak
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote SolidOak Replybullet Posted: January/08/2013 at 2:11am
You know why they close so fast after you take the jewelry out?

Because they DO NOT WANT TO BE AT THAT SIZE!

I (usually) try to be as nice to people as possible.. so please do not take my response lightly.

You are being completely arrogant and stubborn. "i wanna stay at this size a for a little while you think ill be ok?"

No, No, NO.

People have been trying to help you and you are refusing to take their advice. ("because you don't want to" which is the most childish thing you could say)

Take out the plugs.
Do not wear jewelry for a couple of months.
Do sea salt soaks and oil massages on them daily.
Wait for your blowout to recede back into your ear, (and you should pray that it will).
Find a professional that will fit you with appropriate sized jewelry. Then start SLOWLY going back up to your desired size.

Trust me, your ears as they are make you look like way more of a dumbass than what you think you might look like not wearing jewelry. Show some self confidence and rock it with pride.

You fucked up.

Now be responsible and take the correct course of action to fix it.

And if you did want to consider Scalpelling, you would have to let those completely heal before any intelligent and highly qualified mod artist would do something like that for you.

Taking care of scalpeled lobes is a DAILY CHORE. You are clearly unable to take the initiative to take care of your own ears in basic stretching, I doubt many artist would even consider you for something like that.

p.s. Everyone can flame me all you want. This guy needed his eyes opened and needed this put to him straight.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version