<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Q&A for BMod Professionals
 BodyMod.org Forum : BMod Professional's Corner : Q&A for BMod Professionals
Message Icon Topic: Custom ear pointing - would this work? Post Reply Post New Topic
woodlandist
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote woodlandist Replybullet Topic: Custom ear pointing - would this work?
    Posted: December/25/2012 at 10:05pm
I'm planning to get my ears pointed some time in the next year or two, once I save money and find an artist close enough to home to do it, and all that.
Since I decided this a couple days ago, I've been looking around the internet for information about it. I don't really like how most of the ear pointing jobs I see have that big triangle of flesh at the tip with a sort of "pocket" behind it (like in the top pair of sketches below). I feel sure that that pocket would be constantly full of nasty crusty stuff (especially while healing!), and it seems like it's just begging an infection to settle in there.

I'm wondering if a body mod artist would do a modified version for me, like what I've drawn in the bottom row. Besides Samppa! I'm on the wrong continent to have him do it, and I would also like to look for somewhat cheaper options if there are any.

I'd like to know if something like this would work. If it helps, my ears are quite bendy and the cartilage isn't thick. I feel like it would be more natural-looking, and might even hide the scars a little better. I guess there would still have to be be a bit of a triangle at the tip (even though I neglected to draw it that way, oops) with this technique, but it would be less pronounced.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version