BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Hardcore Experiences
Message Icon Topic: DIY scalpel tongue split Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
PainfullyPoetic
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote PainfullyPoetic Replybullet Posted: December/29/2012 at 8:15am
Not to mention, but I should, the longer you have an open wound, the greater the chance of infection.

These things need to be said so someone else don't think, they too, could have success with this method.

Oh, and if you end up not liking it, it is possible to do a reversal. In some cases anyways.

Edited by PainfullyPoetic - December/29/2012 at 8:17am
I am pierced, therefore I am.
IP IP Logged
EdMorden
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote EdMorden Replybullet Posted: December/29/2012 at 2:17pm
Yeah I thought of that, but the size of the wound and what it is exposed to also have an effect on the chance of infection. A smaller wound is going to be less likely to become infected than a large one, and the immune system can better keep up with it too. I accidentally bite my tongue from time to time and sometimes there is a pretty sizable gash. These never get infected and always heal after a few days. What you put in your mouth is probably a much bigger factor. I plan on avoiding giving oral sex and open mouth kissing which would be the biggest sources of infectious agents.

I'm just documenting my experience here, not trying to promote this as a good method for others. If I wind up with an infection or some other bad thing happens I'm going to post that as well. If anyone decides to do it, their mileage may vary.

Edited by EdMorden - December/29/2012 at 3:11pm
IP IP Logged
EdMorden
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote EdMorden Replybullet Posted: January/02/2013 at 7:34pm
After 12 days the cut surfaces seem completely healed but the split hasn't closed up significantly. It seems less deep than it started, but I think most of the reduction was from the swelling going down rather than regrowth. Unless I pull the sides apart, it isn't noticeable at all. I'm waiting for scalpels to arrive before I do anything more.

IP IP Logged
EdMorden
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote EdMorden Replybullet Posted: January/09/2013 at 5:44pm
Two days ago was 17 days after the last cutting and I did some more.  There didn't seem to be any significant regrowth, although the length of the split definitely wasn't the 1/4" that I had estimated it was to start with.  It was maybe more like 1/8".  It's really difficult to measure something like that accurately because the tongue changes shape so much.

I used a scalpel to cut back another 1/8" or so.  As before, I kept stopping every time there was bleeding and applied a gauze pad until the bleeding stopped, usually about a minute or so.  I only needed 4 gauze pads, and they got more saturated with spit than blood.  I didn't encounter any scar tissue from the previous cut.  While it is healing there was the whitish scab in the back, but that went away after a few days.

There was a bit of swelling for a day or so, but since it wasn't at the very tip this time, it didn't interfere with eating or talking at all.  I know it doesn't look like much, but I can feel two distinct tips now if I press it to my upper lip.

IP IP Logged
AlienMouth
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote AlienMouth Replybullet Posted: February/16/2013 at 4:33am
You said:
"After over an hour I had made about a 1/8" split."

I only took me around 5 minutes to have my tongue split completely.... Last post from you is also "day 17"; may I ask why you would want an open wound for so long?

....................AND WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THIS IF YOU AREN'T EVEN SURE YOU WANT A SPLIT TONGUE??

Sorry if you don't appreciate this comment, but this is pretty much retarded - to say the least

Edited by AlienMouth - February/16/2013 at 4:35am
IP IP Logged
PainfullyPoetic
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote PainfullyPoetic Replybullet Posted: February/17/2013 at 12:50am
maybe he digs pain. or, there is a really hot nurse/doctor he needs an excuse to talk to?
I am pierced, therefore I am.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version