<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: I am having issues- Drs. don't know... Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
FlamandaLayBAy
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote FlamandaLayBAy Replybullet Topic: I am having issues- Drs. don't know...
    Posted: January/07/2013 at 1:20am
I had my nipples pierced for years. The right was vertical and the left was horizontal. They were even repierced at one point. Not at the same time. When I got the right one repierced it was always a battle to keep it healed. For one thing I think my bar was too long and eventually I believe that it may have been migrating a bit. Anyhow, I finally took the last one out a few years ago when I had a pap n breast exam done(manual not radio) and never put it back in. Since then, in the last year or so, I have been having trouble with the thick white stuff coming from the puncture sites, Namely the lower one(or the one on the bottom, rather). I went to my OB and had her look at it and of course I had squeezed it dry a day or so before and she couldn't see much from the outside so she sent me to the radio people for a mammogram(I was 35 or 36 I believe). I think it seems to come back around cycle time(i know TMI) but there were no signs of cancer etc and the only pain associated I had pretty well chalked up to the irritation I tended to cause it by squeezing it to death. I am pretty sure it was never yellow or green etc. I mean it was just kinda white. Now tonight i realized that my nipple is super sore and is kinda hard inside the nipple and at the base where it meets the areola. I put a lil squeeze on it and nothing happened except it hurt like a mutha. Now I am not sure what to do. I am scared to go to dr again because that stuff is expensive and I have no money or insurance plus I sure the hell do NOT want and I and D...anyone?

Edited by FlamandaLayBAy - January/07/2013 at 1:21am
IP IP Logged
chcl3
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote chcl3 Replybullet Posted: January/07/2013 at 8:52am
Why do you constantly squeeze your nipples like that? You are hurting yourself pointlessly!

Even healed nipples piercings, after many years, can happen to get crusties / ''white stuff'' coming out / even infection can happen. Just think about all the sweat, dirt, soap scum that could possibly hide inside of it, it just appears like a pretty normal reaction to me!

That type of piercing requires a little more care than others for the reasons i mentionned,  get back to the basic sea salt cleaning routine and stop touching/squeezing them all the time!
IP IP Logged
FlamandaLayBAy
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote FlamandaLayBAy Replybullet Posted: January/07/2013 at 10:20am
I don't squeeze them all the time. Perhaps i could have been more specific. I only squeeze it when the stuff comes out n not always even then. Right now it hurts n i haven't squeezed it. I tried to last night but it hurt too bad...there its a knot under my nipple
IP IP Logged
chcl3
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote chcl3 Replybullet Posted: January/07/2013 at 2:44pm
By that i meant that squeezing it even if there is stuff coming out is just not an option in my opinion, playing/touching/squeezing/messinaround any piercing with your hands, healed or not, is never a good idea. As i said, you should try cleaning them gently with salt water twice a day.

You should also consider to see a piercer, if you feel pain or discomfort you might need jewelry adjustment too.
IP IP Logged
FlamandaLayBAy
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote FlamandaLayBAy Replybullet Posted: January/07/2013 at 4:46pm
There is no jewelry n do you think nipples aren't made for abuse like squeezing? I mean people put their nasty mouths on them while pierced nu think me squeezing my own nip with hands i know are clean is bad? I will try the salt soak. I was actually hoping someone might have an idea what could be causing the irritation. I mean three plus years is a long time to be trying to heal...
IP IP Logged
chcl3
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote chcl3 Replybullet Posted: January/07/2013 at 5:23pm
Oh!!! haha. My bad, i misunderstood what u said, i'm french btw and my english skills arent always the best! I'm sorry about that! :S
IP IP Logged
SammRoxanne
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote SammRoxanne Replybullet Posted: January/08/2013 at 1:03am
Honestly, It just sounds like an infection to me, Try the soak for a week, if that doesn't do anything, then go and talk to your closest most experienced piercer. They should know a lot better what it could be, Honestly most doctors aren't trained in the piercing field well enough to just realize that it might just be an infection inside your nipple, It sounds like it could be right at the end of your beast/beginning of your nipple.

:)
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: January/08/2013 at 2:57pm
It's not an infection. An infection is green pus to black pus with blood mixed in as well as severe pain, swelling and heat to the site. You may also experience redness or red streaks spreading outward. The whitish pus you're experiencing is your body's natural lymph (a secretion made of sweat and dead skin cells). This CAN happen with long term nipple piercings, and nipple piercings where the jewelry has been removed. Many times, the hole does not close completely and it just build up lymph, then eventually the lymph needs to escape. Something you can do is if you feel like you're having an over-abundance, do a nice hot soak or take a nice hot shower and gently squeeze the lymph out then. Forcing it out can cause swelling or irritation. It's nothing to concern yourself over, especially if it stays a whitish color. It happens. :)
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
FlamandaLayBAy
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote FlamandaLayBAy Replybullet Posted: January/09/2013 at 1:13am
Well, unfortunately i think it may very well be infection. It hurts like nuts. I can't squeeze anything out. Forcefully or otherwise. i couldn't squeeze it right now if i wanted to. I guess i am going to have to go see my ob again. Edges of nip is so sensitive that every time i warm up or get a chill it gets hard n us painful as hell. Killing part is i also have a cold so even sneezing makes it hard. :-( i have a suspicion that a layer if skin has formed a barrier that's holding the yuck in n causing the swelling n infection etc
IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: January/09/2013 at 10:47am
The white stuff coming out of a retired nipple hole seems normal, at least it has been pretty common in my experience (I've retired WAY too many nipple piercings in the last ten years!). I can get out very little at a time and usually use a tweezers when I do, although I don't squeeze it and hurt myself. I've never had any pain.
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version