Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Earring sinking into ear. Post Reply Post New Topic
Kurisutaru94
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Kurisutaru94 Replybullet Topic: Earring sinking into ear.
    Posted: January/07/2013 at 11:25am
Okay, right. What the fuck is going on?! D:
Basically. I got my cartilage pierced on 5th December. It's been fine, up until now.
I know I shouldn't have done this, but if I run my finger down the front of my ear where the stud should be, it's flat. It feels like there is no stud there, but it is. It's just on the surface of my ear.

It bled a tiny bit this morning, not anymore.
I have cleaned it with salty water and I'm just wondering how the hell to fix it.
I don't know what to do. There's almost nothing on the web that tells me how to fix it or how it could have been caused.

I think, I slept on it, which has pushed it in, but I don't know. Either way, CAN I HAVE HELP? I can't contact my piercers today as they are closed!!!

IP IP Logged
chcl3
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote chcl3 Replybullet Posted: January/07/2013 at 3:06pm
You'll need longer jewelry to fix this, wait until tomorrow to see your piercer. Most importantly don't take it out, some piercings on some people can close within minutes and if there is any infection in there you dont want it to stay trapped inside your skin! Sea salt cleaning is good and taking Advils every 4 hours can help with the swelling and pain.
IP IP Logged
SammRoxanne
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote SammRoxanne Replybullet Posted: January/08/2013 at 1:10am
I agree with Chcl3,
Take Advil, and use a sea salt rinse, I recommend H2Ocean,

Clean your hands, and see if you have room on the back of the stud at all, It might just be it pushed into the skin. If not then the Piercing bar is not right for the healing process, and should be changed to a larger bar.

For every piercing there is a swelling period, and you should always have a longer or larger(For CBRs and Most hoops) Jewelry in to compensate for the swelling, if not it can and will irritate the piercing site, and can even trap an infection inside it, without you even knowing.

Also agreeing with Chcl3 on this,

DO NOT take it out. It can trap infections and bacteria in your skin, and that's even worse than just having the piercing in.
Go to your Piercer, and they will help you.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: January/08/2013 at 2:50pm
If you're using a pre-made saline, I would recommend Wound Wash Saline over H2Ocean. The H2Ocean has added ingredients and is not pure saline that equals 0.9% sodium chloride. With the Wound Wash, you can get it at any store. Just spray it into a little shot glass and microwave it for 10 seconds. Then just hold the whole piercing in it for three to five minutes.

You can also make your own mix. You can purchase non-iodized sea salt at any grocery store. Just do 1/4 teaspoon of the sea salt in 8oz (1 cup) of very warm water. Just soak for three to five minutes then rinse with water afterward.

I also recommend seeing a local piercer to help you put in a longer piece of jewelry. If you don't do this soon you may begin to experience more issues.
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version