Message Icon Topic: This one is about gauges Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
mclark231
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote mclark231 Replybullet Topic: This one is about gauges
    Posted: January/21/2013 at 1:04pm
Since I started gauging my ears when I was 15 for some reason the size 1 1/2'' always stood out in my head. Like that was the ideal size I wanted my ears to look like. Well, I'm 21 now and finally got to 1 1/2'' in 2 weeks ago, my problem is with the way my ears are they don't look like I originally imagined they would look. They're to small for me. I'm thinking I wanna push for 2". I'm giving myself time to think about it, but I get excited and giddy when it comes to stretching my ears, it's not easy for me to wait lol. 
Also, can I attach a picture to this post afterwards so people know what I mean?

Thank you everyone for your 2 cents, thoughts, input or anything of that nature
IP IP Logged
BigMikeHOOKED
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 30

Quote BigMikeHOOKED Replybullet Posted: January/21/2013 at 2:21pm
Stretching
"stay true to your obsessions" V. Vale
IP IP Logged
modaddict
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote modaddict Replybullet Posted: January/24/2013 at 12:08am
it seems when you get to the size you imagined yourself having, you want to go bigger. also for me it seems like it gets addicting.
IP IP Logged
Miss_Metal
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 22

Quote Miss_Metal Replybullet Posted: February/04/2013 at 6:25am
All i can say is that although your really excited make sure you take your time and do it right!
Pierced Perfection
IP IP Logged
Vio_Lynn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Vio_Lynn Replybullet Posted: October/17/2013 at 9:54am
"Gauge" is the size of the jewellery. "Stretching" is the word you're looking for. That is the proper term.

And referring to the piece of jewellery as "Gauges" doesn't make any sense since gauge refers to size. The two most common types of jewellery made for stretched ears are called plugs and flesh tunnels. If they are solid then you have plugs....and if they have a hole in the middle then you have flesh tunnels.

And just wanted to add that even though stretching your ears to get to your goal size can be very exciting it is very important that you take your time and stretch your ears the proper way no matter how bad you want to go up a size. The health and look of your ears depend on it. If you ever feel like you need to stretch up quickly look up "Stretched ear blowouts" on google images and you will change your mind quickly. lol

Edited by Vio_Lynn - October/17/2013 at 9:59am
"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
IP IP Logged
SavannahEllen
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote SavannahEllen Replybullet Posted: January/21/2014 at 11:19pm
I've got my goal size tapers which my goal size is 00 I'm at 0 so I've only gotta wait a month or two depending on how my ears are healing which is going smoothly! So I understand what you mean every time I look at the 00s I'm just kind of thinking "not big enough" so now I'm think 5/8 maybe should be my goal size but I'm afraid to go past the point of no return because it kind of scares me, is any thing past 00 the point of no return?
IP IP Logged
Vio_Lynn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote Vio_Lynn Replybullet Posted: January/22/2014 at 1:35am
^ if you're worried about a point of no return you probably shouldn't continue to stretch your ears. People should only continue with mods if they're 100% sure that it is what they want and there is no second thought of going back.
"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: January/26/2014 at 10:15pm
so much linguistic prejudice in this thread it amuses me; if it gets the point across with accuracy, it's an acceptable term
IP IP Logged
Vio_Lynn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote Vio_Lynn Replybullet Posted: January/27/2014 at 3:19am
So if I start just calling a sandwich a "Swishy" and I can somehow get people to understand that when I say that it means sandwich it becomes an acceptable term JUST because technically it gets the point across?
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: January/27/2014 at 2:30pm
yes, just like "subdermal implant" is an acceptable term even though dermis is greek and sub is latin, the etymologically correct term would be "subcutaneous implant"; and "headache" is a neologism, the medical term is "cephalgia"; an "x-ray" is actually a "radiograph"; he list goes on, but no one talks down to people who use these terms unless this someone is a huge dick, why should we correct people who say "gauges" if we understand what they're saying and it's not like "flesh tunnel", which is widely used in the industry, started as anything other than a slang term just like "gauge" to refer to the same type of modification
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version