BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Labret stretching -- larger sizes Post Reply Post New Topic
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Topic: Labret stretching -- larger sizes
    Posted: March/22/2013 at 11:32am
I got my labret scalpelled to 7/16" awhile back, I'm wearing a circle plug. It seems to have stretched itself, it occasionally falls out from the back (the big ass flare inside of my lip can fit through the hole) so I figured that it was ready to stretch to 1/2 inch. I got a new beautiful 1/2" oval plug yesterday, looks like the wearable part is about the same size as the big flare of my current plug. Went to try to put it in after a warm shower and emu oil massage and the thing does not want to go in.

Any advice for stretching with larger sizes? When I was stretching smaller I could find half sizes (like 5 gauge), I don't think that's available in larger sizes. I am thinking about just taping my current jewelry but any other advice would be great.

*Edit* I also feel like a complete noob for asking this, but with the tape method - how often do you change the tape (Daily? Bi-weekly? Weekly?) and add a layer? I've never been a big fan of using tape to stretch, but that's all I really have for ideas for my lip. I'm using bondage tape.

Edited by tattooedtrish - March/22/2013 at 12:01pm
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
sh4ky
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote sh4ky Replybullet Posted: March/22/2013 at 8:27pm
Trish, I changed the tape in my lobes every couple of days. Not sure how much cheese or whatever it is your labret would generate but I figured any longer than a couple of days and things would be pretty rank. Bondage tape is my preferred tape too so, in my experience, don't add just a new layer to previously existing tape, just retape the whole thing from scratch an add your extra layer that way. I found it less fiddly and also less damaging ie: I had a layer lift off the old stuff causing irritation in one of my lobes at one stage so went with the 'complete replacement' method from then on. With no problems whatsoever. Hope this sorta helps. :-)

Edited by sh4ky - March/22/2013 at 8:29pm
You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be
IP IP Logged
Mana Arts
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 42

Quote Mana Arts Replybullet Posted: March/22/2013 at 9:36pm
Taping worked for me in my philtrum. PTFE tape wrapped and rubbed with oils.
penis
IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: March/23/2013 at 3:18am
Great, I think I'll change the tape every 2-3 days. If it seems gross when I change it on Sunday then I'll switch to every day. How often do you add a layer?

Edited by tattooedtrish - March/23/2013 at 3:42am
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
sh4ky
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote sh4ky Replybullet Posted: March/23/2013 at 8:58am
I had read in general every couple of days was the accepted norm but I did mine every 6-8 days, so more like a week. ( I only used tape to get from 2-0g). I'm not sure this works same for a labret though. My thought would be to start around 7-10 days and reduce from there to an interval where you are still comfortable adding the new layer.
You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version