<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: My nipple isn't the same after taking out my bar Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
stonedhearted
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote stonedhearted Replybullet Topic: My nipple isn't the same after taking out my bar
    Posted: April/02/2013 at 1:11pm
4 weeks ago I got both my nipples pierced. I'm a girl btw.
After getting it done and going home and looking at them some more, I noticed my left one was not as straight as it could be, as it should be.
I had to wear a week and 3 days before I had time to go back to the place and express my concern to them. The same piercer was there and he looked at it and said "yea it looks like you slept on it wrong".
But no, I didn't sleep on it wrong because I noticed it was crooked before I went to bed! But of course he can't admit that he messed up doing a piercing.
So he asked me if I want it taken out to get it repierced and I said yes. He told me to come back in 3 weeks.
But ever since I had it taken out, my nipple just doesn't look the same.
It's hard to describe what it is but the top of my nipple, when erect the top half doesn't stick out as much as it used to, but the bottom half does. Do you know what I mean? I might be able to post a picture of it a little later.
It may not be considered a "big deal" but it is to me because it is my body, my NIPPLE, and I'm pissed that this guy just couldn't do it right the first time. I paid for a job done right. My nipple is no longer the same because some fool decided to do piercings.
It doesn't look like my nipple will ever go back to looking the way it used to.   
IP IP Logged
JClaude
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote JClaude Replybullet Posted: April/02/2013 at 3:39pm
I am not a pro
So from a job not so well done, results in "you slept on it wrong" ? yeah sure lol
Well it was pierced, that caused some changes that could eventually lead to it not looking the same. Though since it was not pierced for long it should go back to normal after a while. Are you doing anything to it? applying something like Vitamin E oil would be good to keep it all soft, if you can afford it Mederma is quite good too in preventing the formation of inner scar tissue.
Remember in 3 weeks you (your nipple) might not yet feel right and/or ready, do not worry about expressing that concern and asking for more time in case you decide you want to.
peRsOnal CreAtiVe

Reason #7 For Not Getting a Tattoo:
People will know you are running your own life, instead of listening to them!
"Sailor Jerry Collins, tattoo artist."

We are the beautiful freaks!
IP IP Logged
sh4ky
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote sh4ky Replybullet Posted: April/02/2013 at 5:57pm
Or cut your losses and go elsewhere and get it redone. I'd have no confidence in a piercer who's first reaction was to blame his customer for anything wrong with one of his fresh piercings.
You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be
IP IP Logged
stonedhearted
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote stonedhearted Replybullet Posted: April/03/2013 at 9:10am
I have been rubbing Bio Oil on my nipple.
Unfortunately I don't really have money to pay another place to get it done, but when I go I'm going to make sure there is another piercer there to do it.
And then I will never step foot in there again.
IP IP Logged
BigMikeHOOKED
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 30

Quote BigMikeHOOKED Replybullet Posted: April/07/2013 at 9:02pm
Mistakes DO happen, bit your piercer should have admitted fault instead of telling you it was your fault.

Get it re-done elsewhere

"stay true to your obsessions" V. Vale
IP IP Logged
dreadyroots
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote dreadyroots Replybullet Posted: April/07/2013 at 10:24pm
Look for another another piercer. Preferably at a different shop. Unfortunately if its messed up now it prolly wont look "normal" again. Be ready for it too. The 2nd is more intense then the 1st.
We're all fucked now!!
IP IP Logged
pierced_celt
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote pierced_celt Replybullet Posted: April/08/2013 at 12:09am
As mike said find a new piercer. N bio oil is for scar tissue,its useless for nout else.
IP IP Logged
stonedhearted
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote stonedhearted Replybullet Posted: April/16/2013 at 6:54pm
I didn't want to make a new thread for this but I have another issue.

I went to another place to get my nipple repierced yesterday and...
Crooked again. Even worse than the first time. But he told me he did that intentionally. This was his explanation:
The side that the needle comes out of (which is the even bit of it) is going to swell up so he usually has the needle coming out a little further up. He said when it eventually heals it will straighten itself out.
Now I don't believe this. There is no swelling at all. I told him even the first time there was no swelling. I don't know what the f*** to do now. I can't keep it if it doesn't actually straighten out (which i don't believe it will) it's just too crooked.
And my nipple will look even worse after taking it out for a second time.
Is what the piercer told me true?

I can post a picture of how bad it is.
IP IP Logged
stonedhearted
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote stonedhearted Replybullet Posted: April/16/2013 at 8:24pm
I want to have it done PROPERLY.
But now thinking about it mroe I feel like I should give my nipple a long time to do it's thing before piercing it again. Long time as in months from now, perhaps even next year.
So should I remove the bar now? Or wit a bit to remove it?

I can't believe this nipple nightmare I am in

Edited by stonedhearted - April/16/2013 at 8:35pm
IP IP Logged
JClaude
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote JClaude Replybullet Posted: April/17/2013 at 1:50pm
It so sucks not to be happy with a piercing. As I first said I am not a pro and your latest situation requires someone with experience to answer you.
I can however offer sympathy and support, and tell you this: Do not settle until you are really happy!
I had my right nipple done 3 times until I felt happy with it, though in my case it was not improper piercing, but some migration problems.
I think if you decide to give it some time, I would save money and then come here and ask people about a good pro in your area.

Edited by JClaude - April/17/2013 at 2:18pm
peRsOnal CreAtiVe

Reason #7 For Not Getting a Tattoo:
People will know you are running your own life, instead of listening to them!
"Sailor Jerry Collins, tattoo artist."

We are the beautiful freaks!
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version