BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: so embarrassed, tongue misshap Post Reply Post New Topic
basic86black
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote basic86black Replybullet Topic: so embarrassed, tongue misshap
    Posted: August/02/2013 at 7:03pm
I am a piercer and have been piercing for a little over a year, I have done countless tongues and they(with the exception of my first guinea) came out perfectly. Today a group of three ladies came in together all wanting their tongues pierced.

I pierced all three and the first and third came out perfectly, lady two on the other hand...her piercing came out crooked on the bottom. I offered to redo it and she accepted...same thing crooked. The other two came out perfectly I do not know what happened with the one lady.

I told her to wait for it to heal and put a shorter ring in and then we can fully determine the matter.

I take piercings very seriously and I am a perfectionist when it comes to doing them, are there any factors that could contribute to her tongue being crooked TWICE? I am on a nerve pill right now because of it,

Any advice is appreciated even critical as long as it's constructive. Thank you
IP IP Logged
SuicydePrincess
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote SuicydePrincess Replybullet Posted: August/04/2013 at 2:39am
It's awesome that you were at least honest enough to notice it was crooked and to redo it. I would have possibly given her a discount or offered to do it a third time (after it's healed) for free. lol

I am not a piercer, I am merely a soon-to-be-apprentice so I can't think of any reason why it came out crooked twice in a row, especially since you have a good reputation for doing them straight for a long time. Maybe there is something wrong with her tongue like maybe the tongue web wasn't directly in the center underneath of her tongue!? Was it really noticeable?
IP IP Logged
randy flagg
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 237

Quote randy flagg Replybullet Posted: August/05/2013 at 9:16pm
It is difficult to say why without seeing the tongue but don't stress, you will make mistakes, you will pierce something crooked from time to time and you will have to deal with it. Tongues gave me a lot trouble when I was first piercing and I hated doing them. There was no particular reason I think, just a few bad experiences tainted my outlook, and I had a guy pull his tongue back in while I was doing a transfer and the needle wedged in the roof of his mouth and tongue. Not a good time for either us.
Why was it crooked? Did you hit your marks, use a clamp, go from bottom to top, did the second piercing follow the first one? You tell us.
But like it was stated above, don't ever lose that big heart of yours. Being broken up about a crooked one wiil ensure you don't do it again.
Violence with grace...
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version