Message Icon Topic: 4mm difficulty Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
bethanyrose123x
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote bethanyrose123x Replybullet Topic: 4mm difficulty
    Posted: August/09/2013 at 3:19am
I have tried on various attempts to stretch from a 3mm to 4mm lobes but my taper just won't go through.
I have tried different products to try and lube the taper up enough to push through though every time it gets half way and won't go any further.

Anyone else experienced the same thing or have any advice to help overcome this?
Everything will be taken aboard and any advice will be welcomed

Thankyou in advance
IP IP Logged
pierced_celt
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote pierced_celt Replybullet Posted: August/14/2013 at 8:56pm
A photo would help, smaller sizes can be a bit of a bitch to stretch. I always went to my piercer to stretch at smaller sizes (cost me nothing since I was buying the new size tunnel from his shop). it may be that your ear is simply not ready to go up a size.

How long have you been at 3mm?
Are you using a metal taper (acrylic ones are crap and not suitable for tapering)?
I used KY jelly to lube tapers as its sterile(although embarrassing to buy as a guy )
IP IP Logged
bethanyrose123x
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote bethanyrose123x Replybullet Posted: August/15/2013 at 10:43am
Thankyou for replying

I have been using an acrylic taper but will try a metal one.

I've been resistant to go to my piercer to upsize just because i've heard scare stories from people when the piercer has pushed the taper through too fast causing damage.
IP IP Logged
bethanyrose123x
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote bethanyrose123x Replybullet Posted: August/15/2013 at 10:44am
Oh and I have been at 3mm for over a month now
IP IP Logged
pierced_celt
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote pierced_celt Replybullet Posted: August/15/2013 at 1:32pm
A good piercer will know if the piercing is ready to stretch (although a month between stretches at such a small size probably isn't long enough in my experience).
Acrylic tapers are total shite for stretching, they tend to 'stick' as you push them through, and tbh acrylic is the worst thing you could put in your piercings.
hope this helps and good luck with your lobes.
Just remember its not a race to get to your desired size and taking your time is the better option.
IP IP Logged
bethanyrose123x
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote bethanyrose123x Replybullet Posted: August/15/2013 at 4:53pm
Do you recommend waiting a little bit longer before trying to upsize then trying to stretch with a metal taper and if it still doesn't go through to go to a professional?
IP IP Logged
pierced_celt
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote pierced_celt Replybullet Posted: August/16/2013 at 6:09am
I'd give it another month then try again, after that id give your piercer a try.
IP IP Logged
SuicydePrincess
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote SuicydePrincess Replybullet Posted: August/19/2013 at 1:16am
I also had trouble when going from a 3mm to a 4mm, took me 3 days to get the bastard through lol. I was also using acrylic tapers. I have not tried steel tapers but I am sure they would probably be easier to slide through, especially with lubricant. I wouldn't try the acrylic tapers without good lubrication since the plastic likes to require more force to get through. But yeah I would wait a little longer, maybe try in a week and if that doesn't work try again in a week and so on and it should go through eventually... like I said, for me the 4mm was a pain in the butt for me too lol

Good luck!
IP IP Logged
labixiaoxin
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote labixiaoxin Replybullet Posted: November/19/2013 at 2:50am
It is without any doubt that stockings are the sexy weapon to both men and women. When come to cool season many wholesale stockings are available online and store. Would you like to have a try on Shiying wholesale sexy lingerie online store? Visit now and enjoy the amazing low offer!
IP IP Logged
Teeheemiller
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 1

Quote Teeheemiller Replybullet Posted: November/19/2013 at 4:04pm
Ear Stretching Guide
By A.j. Goldman on Monday, June 24, 2013 at 11:46pm
Written by AJ Goldman - 12 Ounce Studios - www.PiercingsByAJ.com
and Sarah Wooten - Immaculate Piercing - www.ImmaculatePiercing.com

Here is a little guide to help you along while stretching your piercings. The majority of these tips will especially help while stretching earlobes in particular, and the advice or time frames may be different for different piercings. This guide is a collection of suggestions from reputable body piercers, this should not be construed as, or used as a substitution for, medical advice. Things may be different in your circumstance because everyone's body is different!

First things first is jewelry quality. Stick with implant grade materials such as ASTM F138 steel or ASTM F136 titanium, glass, and also certain stones have proven to be safe to stretch with. Avoid lower quality metals (especially ones sold in common mall chain stores), avoid stretching or even wearing acrylic jewelry, avoid stretching with organics such as woods, and avoid stretching with silicone! All jewelry for initial stretches should be single flared or no flared. DON'T STRETCH WITH DOUBLE FLARED JEWELRY!!

Second thing would be time frame in between stretches because so many people get this part wrong. We generally recommend waiting a minimum of 6-8 weeks in between each stretch although you might find yourself having to wait 3 months or longer. The big thing here is to listen to your body. If you're noticing pain or any sort of bleeding, you're stretching too quickly. If this happens, stop, downsize to your previous size and just wait longer.

A common mistake when stretching is the use of tapers. You shouldn't need tapers to stretch your earlobes so avoid stretching kits, chances are they're coming with low quality jewelry anyway. Tapers are a tool used by professional body piercers to assist with jewelry insertions. Stretching piercings at home with tapers can often lead to stretching too quickly which will likely cause tearing, excess scar tissue and/or blowouts. Also, keep in mind that tapers are not jewelry. Wearing a taper as a piece of jewelry will cause a lot of pressure on the back and bottom of your lobe and can cause it to thin out.

Another method for stretching would be the "taping" method. This method involves wrapping a thin layer of PTFE or bondage tape around the jewelry every so often to help slowly increase the size of the jewelry and thus, your piercing. In most cases, this can be completely unnecessary and should be avoided. There is no known documentation that states that any type of tape is safe to be worn inside of the body. It should also be noted that using any sort of tape as a method of stretching is going against manufacturer’s instructions.

Some tips along the way include frequent massaging. When your piercing has healed enough after your most recent stretch to the point where you can comfortably remove your jewelry for at least a few minutes at a time, it is greatly beneficial to gently massage the tissue. Holey Butt’r is a great product to use for massaging. Other alternatives would be jojoba oil, coconut oil, etc. Be sure to avoid oils which you may have an allergy to. If you are unsure, consult with your doctor or dermatologist before using any of these products. Massaging works so well because it helps increase blood flow to the area and helps promote new cell growth. Another great tip is to not be afraid to purposely downsize. Although you're probably eager to get to your goal size, downsizing can be a great option to keep your lobes thick and healthy. Once the piercing is healed, wearing heavier jewelry such as stone or glass plugs can also help the stretching process. However, it should also be noted that wearing heavier hanging jewelry can lead to uneven stretching or thinning of the tissue at the bottom of the lobe.

Overall, the best method for stretching we've found is time. The longer you wait in between stretches, the easier it should be and the healthier your piercings will be in the long run. Stretching should be a long and slow process. Enjoy the ride, no need to rush. Each size has its benefits and different types of jewelry selections. If you should have any questions regarding stretching your piercing, feel free to ask in this group or of course you could ask your local reputable body piercer.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version