General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
Message Icon Topic: Who inspired you? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
DreadedRebel
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote DreadedRebel Replybullet Topic: Who inspired you?
    Posted: August/12/2013 at 12:57am
So i was wondering who or what inspired everyone to get there mods? I got most of mine from my parents or seeing things on bme when i was younger. My main one tho for my lip piercings was eatenplacenta. So what about everyone else?
IP IP Logged
Keiran1980
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 72

Quote Keiran1980 Replybullet Posted: August/13/2013 at 4:51pm
A bronze age ice mummy. I decided that if people got tattoos and piercings thousands of years ago then it seems a good idea to follow their example.
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson
IP IP Logged
SuicydePrincess
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote SuicydePrincess Replybullet Posted: August/19/2013 at 1:24am
I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 17 because I was so afraid of needles but all of my girl friends and girls around school always wore such pretty earrings so I finally decided to get it over with... after that when I was 19 I saw a picture or a video of someone with a lip piercing and thought it looked really cool. I wasn't a sheltered child or anything but the area I grew up in didn't have many people with tattoos and piercings so like I knew they existed but out of sight out of mind so yeah lol

But anyways I got my lip pierced when I was 20 and over the past 5 years since then I have just gotten more out of boredom and wanting to be different... plus I feel they enhance my appearance.

That's about it I guess lol
IP IP Logged
Echovi
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 13

Quote Echovi Replybullet Posted: August/20/2013 at 2:13am
I don't believe one individual person influenced me. I'm surrounded by reasonably open minded persons who I believe I can credit with some responsibility. I reached the age of 18 and decided I could now express myself.

BME was a great resource and of course eventually bodymod.org. However, my mother encouraged me to get tattoos if I so desired, and one of my best friends started to tattoo so that helped undeniably.
IP IP Logged
Vio_Lynn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Vio_Lynn Replybullet Posted: October/17/2013 at 9:37am
I don't think there was ever really just one person.

I just remember when I was very young I used to see people with "face earrings" (as I called them) and thinking "Wow I really like the way that looks". Then when I got older I found out that most of the things I wished I had on my body actual exist and are completely possible (for example: When I was little I always used to imagine that I had a snake's tongue and I would wish that people were born like that because to me that seemed more natural. Another example is pointed ears....when I was young I used to get clear tape to hold my ears in points because I thought ears looked beautiful and more natural that way.)

And here I am today with most of the piercings I've always admired and the split tongue that I've always dreamed of.

(and for quite a few years I've been working on plans/research for future ear pointing. I hope to complete my plan sometime soon and finally have the ears I always felt I should have.).
"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
IP IP Logged
DancingKlown
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote DancingKlown Replybullet Posted: October/24/2013 at 10:00am
I don't think anyone specifically made me want to get piercings/tattoos. I think when it came to tattooists, it was their skill and the idea that you can make yourself unique and stand out and that if you find a tattoo that means so much to you, you can have it, and look at it for the rest of your life.
IP IP Logged
Nukehawks
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Nukehawks Replybullet Posted: December/30/2013 at 7:07pm
I'm a weird one.
I don't nave any mods as of yet, but I do hope to get a couple piercings over the summer.
When I first thought about getting piercings I kept going back and forth between wanting them and not wanting them.
If I had to choose, I think the person that solidified my decision would be ilymorgann on YouTube.
I just love the way she talks about her modifications, and I wanted to be able to relate and have my own stories to share.
IP IP Logged
Vio_Lynn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Vio_Lynn Replybullet Posted: December/30/2013 at 11:36pm
If you're thinking about getting a modification just so you can relate to someone that would be a bad idea.

Get them for you and only you.
"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
IP IP Logged
SuicydePrincess
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote SuicydePrincess Replybullet Posted: December/30/2013 at 11:44pm
I agree. I wouldn't get a mod if I wasn't 100% sure I want one, if you are going back and forth between getting one or not then it's probably best you don't get one yet!

Edited by SuicydePrincess - December/30/2013 at 11:45pm
IP IP Logged
Nukehawks
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Nukehawks Replybullet Posted: January/01/2014 at 9:30pm
@Vio Lynn
Thanks for the concern.
I believe you're mistaken, though.

I've always liked how piercings looked, and I enjoy the idea of being able to relate to people in the body modification community.
I fail to see how that goes against getting them "for me and only me".

Edited by Nukehawks - January/01/2014 at 9:32pm
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version