<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Pain after getting VCH Piercing, Normal? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Lilmama221
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Lilmama221 Replybullet Topic: Pain after getting VCH Piercing, Normal?
    Posted: November/18/2013 at 5:40pm
HI! I got my VCH piercing FINALLY after years of being a chicken liver, Saturday 11/16/13. I went to the same woman who's done my other piercings Nipples, various face piercings etc. they have all come out wonderfully no healing issues. Now I've heard from all over the VCH hurts like a mother as it's being done, but there should be minimal if any pain after it's done. Well, this hurts. A lot. It constantly feels like im being pinched there. Getting up and sitting hurts, when i try and spread to get the sea salt spray on it, VERY painful. Can it be normal for it to hurt this much if it was placed correctly? I would hate to pull it out, but this hurts! Haven't been to the gym since getting, very light activity due to all the pain. Haven't touched the barbell at all. Vertical, Curved Barbell, Spraying with H2Ocean every time i use the bathroom. Slight bleeding here and there, like light pink when I wipe (more like gently dab the area with clean toilet paper) Help!!
IP IP Logged
Lilmama221
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Lilmama221 Replybullet Posted: November/18/2013 at 5:52pm

Sorry probably would help if I posted a picture :)
IP IP Logged
LauraOhFace
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote LauraOhFace Replybullet Posted: November/18/2013 at 7:53pm
I am not a professional piercer, however, I have several genital piercings; VCH, Christina, Labia etc.

When I had my VCH done it did feel pinchy afterwards for a while, so I would say discomfort after is normal.. HOWEVER...

I cannot be 100% positive as you have stretched the skin out for the pictures.. BUT I do believe this is NOT a VCH piercing as it looks more like a shallow Nefertiti piercing; a cross between a VCH and a Christina.

"Nefertiti piercings can be difficult to heal and lengthy due to the amount of tissue the jewellery must pass through. Flexible bars are recommended by professional piercers due to pressures that can be put on the piercing due to it passing through so much flesh."

I shall include pictures.. so you can see whaat I mean by the difference in VCH, Christina and Nefertiti and make your own mind up.

VCH -
Christina -
Nefertiti -

As you can see the nefertiti piercing goes through the hood and comes out slightly further up arund the mons pubis.

My personal opinion, if this is a nefertiti piercing, and you want a vch is to remove it and have it redone elsewhere. Some piercers can be amazing and have issues with genital piercings as they are more 'advanced'. Its why they run seminars for genital piercings specifically at professional piercing conferences; I.E APP.
IP IP Logged
evalution
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 34

Quote evalution Replybullet Posted: November/18/2013 at 10:32pm
I think it's just the spreading giving that effect. The tissue looks internal to me.
IP IP Logged
Lilmama221
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Lilmama221 Replybullet Posted: November/19/2013 at 11:57am
Ok I tried to take different ones, maybe these are easier to tell? Still hurts like a mofo today, day 4.

IP IP Logged
evalution
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 34

Quote evalution Replybullet Posted: November/19/2013 at 1:07pm
Is the lower part of the bar exiting between your clitoral hood and clitoris? When you added those extra pictures, it made me wonder if that's the case or not. If it's actually going under (well, more likely through) your clit, that would explain the amount of pain.

Edit: Looks like that's probably not the case from the first picture you posted. I wonder if it's just because it's through a lot more skin than just the hood. It's through some "mound" skin, it appears, but that's internal, too, just not the hood.

Edited by evalution - November/19/2013 at 1:10pm
IP IP Logged
Lilmama221
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Lilmama221 Replybullet Posted: November/19/2013 at 1:21pm
It's hard to tell right now where the bottom comes out. I'm afraid to really go exploring with it, and it is still swollen-ish. So you think it was done wrong and that's why I'm in pain? Should I take it out? I hope not, but if it isn't going to heal... then I will.
IP IP Logged
Keiran1980
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 73

Quote Keiran1980 Replybullet Posted: November/19/2013 at 3:50pm
It looks to me like you would benefit from a slightly longer bar. I think the ball at the bottom is catching against your clitoris and pulling the top ball against the healing part causing pain and irritation. If you had a slightly longer bar it may pull and catch slightly less and reduce irritation.
Ideally you would need a piercer to examine the area to give you an accurate professional opinion. I really hope that this turns out okay for you.
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson
IP IP Logged
Vio_Lynn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Vio_Lynn Replybullet Posted: November/19/2013 at 4:45pm
I'd say that's definitely a nefertiti piercing and not a VCH. Since the nefertiti pierces through more skin than the VCH I would think that's why you're having a longer healing time and a bit more discomfort.

Other than it being the wrong piercing it seems to look like its doing well from the pictures. Just keep on cleaning it like you've been doing and wear 100% cotton undies (It helps keep everything down there a bit more clean....which you REALLY want with a new piercing). If you notice any odd colour discharge or extreme pain you should go to a good piercer with an excellent reputation (for all the tips and advice doctors don't know about mods) then go to a doctor to make sure you do not have an infection. If it does get infect they'll give you antibiotics, but if they tell you to take it out because of an infection DO NOT listen to them. Taking the piercing out will only cause more problems.

Also I agree that you may need a longer bar. I would honestly go to another piercer for the bar switch since the one who pierced you doesn't seem like they know too much about genital piercings.....I would be kinda afraid to let them near my vagina again. lol

Edited by Vio_Lynn - November/19/2013 at 4:51pm
"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
IP IP Logged
Lilmama221
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Lilmama221 Replybullet Posted: November/19/2013 at 5:01pm
Keiran you might be on to something there. It does hurt more at the top actually then the bottom. Could be jewelry length. Hmm... if that's the case I might not have to take it out and let it close! Let it be so! :)
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version