<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Stretching ears advice? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
vannahxo
Mod-let
Mod-let


Total Mods: 0

Joined: January/18/2014
Posts: 5
Quote vannahxo Replybullet Topic: Stretching ears advice?
    Posted: January/19/2014 at 12:12am
The bottom line is, I have absolute terrible placement.
I have had my ears pierced since I was a baby. I started stretching two years ago, I was up to a 0G in January 2013, and took my plugs out and allowed them to close up because I felt my ears were too thin; and downsizing would help. So i did so, I started stretching again, I am now at 4G. I do not sleep naked yet, because I don't want my ears to close up. I just started massaging them with jojoba oil for 15 minutes a day, and I plan to start sleeping naked; taking my time; and using the taping method. Which Is what i did before, going to a 0G. I have not used tapers since a 8G. I plan on going to a 0G again. Getting my ears scalped is not an option, and I cannot get them re-pierced again, being my ears refuse to close up. (Getting them sewn is also not an option) So any advice to thickening my lobes, or advice in general?
Thank you!

Right ear with plug:


Right ear without plug(my MUCH thicker ear):


Left ear with plug:


Left ear without plug(my MUCH thinner ear; most concerned about):
IP IP Logged
ModifiedNinja
Mod-let
Mod-let


Total Mods: 0

Joined: April/09/2012
Posts: 1
Quote ModifiedNinja Replybullet Posted: January/20/2014 at 1:11am
Hey there Vannahxo. You seem like you know a pretty good deal about what you're doing with the lobe stretching. Taping method is always the best way to go once you get to 0G. From the research I've done though any size lower than that, tapers are just fine to use.

Aside from that your lobes do look like they were poorly centered.
I'm not so sure that their is any way to thicken just the outer part of your lobes, but I believe I may have a solution for helping you recenter them. I'd like to discuss with you further about any other info you may have on your situation so we can come to the best possible conclusion on how to resolve your problem.
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let


Total Mods: 1

Joined: October/01/2013
Posts: 171
Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: January/20/2014 at 8:55am
i know you said no scalpels, but you might consider getting another hole closer to your face an than making the connection between them
IP IP Logged
vannahxo
Mod-let
Mod-let


Total Mods: 0

Joined: January/18/2014
Posts: 5
Quote vannahxo Replybullet Posted: January/20/2014 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by modifiedninja

Hey there Vannahxo. You seem like you know a pretty good deal about what you're doing with the lobe stretching. Taping method is always the best way to go once you get to 0G. From the research I've done though any size lower than that, tapers are just fine to use.

Aside from that your lobes do look like they were poorly centered.
I'm not so sure that their is any way to thicken just the outer part of your lobes, but I believe I may have a solution for helping you recenter them. I'd like to discuss with you further about any other info you may have on your situation so we can come to the best possible conclusion on how to resolve your problem.


Yes, my placement is terrible :-( i got them gunned when i was a child, poorly at that. But yes what else would you like to discuss?!
IP IP Logged
Vio_Lynn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder


Total Mods: 11

Joined: July/29/2010
Posts: 116
Quote Vio_Lynn Replybullet Posted: January/21/2014 at 12:35am
Honestly I think your best (and pretty much only option) would be to have them stitched shut and then repierced in the future.



Is there any reason why you do not want to consider those options?

"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
IP IP Logged
vannahxo
Mod-let
Mod-let


Total Mods: 0

Joined: January/18/2014
Posts: 5
Quote vannahxo Replybullet Posted: January/21/2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by vio_lynn

Honestly I think your best (and pretty much only option) would be to have them stitched shut and then repierced in the future.



Is there any reason why you do not want to consider those options?



I would absolutely consider those options if I wasn't underaged. I've already concluded that i'm just going to allow my hole to close & get them re-pierced at a larger size & start fresh!
IP IP Logged
Vio_Lynn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder


Total Mods: 11

Joined: July/29/2010
Posts: 116
Quote Vio_Lynn Replybullet Posted: January/21/2014 at 1:12pm
Oh okay I understand (you looked about 19 in your picture so that wasn't my first thought). I'm not sure if letting them close up would work since most people's ears never completely close up I think you might run in to the same problem if you just repierce. (since the hole would still be there). You could try though....just make sure you don't put anything in them...not even normal sized earring posts. (I know leaving the ears jewellery-less is really hard for some people. lol)
"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
IP IP Logged
vannahxo
Mod-let
Mod-let


Total Mods: 0

Joined: January/18/2014
Posts: 5
Quote vannahxo Replybullet Posted: January/21/2014 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by vio_lynn

Oh okay I understand (you looked about 19 in your picture so that wasn't my first thought). I'm not sure if letting them close up would work since most people's ears never completely close up I think you might run in to the same problem if you just repierce. (since the hole would still be there). You could try though....just make sure you don't put anything in them...not even normal sized earring posts. (I know leaving the ears jewellery-less is really hard for some people. lol)


Oddly enough, i get that a lot. (I'm only 16 though)
So i have plenty of time, there's no rush. I'm going to let them close up as much as i can, and if they don't close up as much as I need them to; i'll definitely consider getting them sewn. That's also what i'm most worried about; the new piercing & old hole coming together; making the problem worse.. But i guess only time can tell!
IP IP Logged
Braids
Mod God
Mod God


Total Mods: 30

Joined: December/29/2007
Posts: 813
Quote Braids Replybullet Posted: January/22/2014 at 3:07am
pssst. might want to edit yer age out
omnomnom
IP IP Logged
evalution
Mod God
Mod God


Total Mods: 34

Joined: September/15/2008
Posts: 1179
Quote evalution Replybullet Posted: January/22/2014 at 11:07pm
will, it's so dead here that people aren't going after the spamela andersons. i doubt age is going to get someone nixed at this point. =\
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



This page was generated in 0.336 seconds.