BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Hardcore Experiences
Message Icon Topic: Tongue Splitting? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
evalution
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 34

Quote evalution Replybullet Posted: August/04/2014 at 1:42am
I really do recommend talking to the artists near you/who guest in Columbus. They will do the procedure, most likely, for a fraction of the cost of a medical professional and have much more experience doing so.
IP IP Logged
B0NES
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 2

Quote B0NES Replybullet Posted: August/04/2014 at 1:55am
Day... Five? Ish?

Got back from work and the binding felt oddly loose. I checked and... 2mm in one day? Still no bleeding. Put a new binding on that's a bit tighter, and I do not feel hardly any pain.
Also, all of the tools I use are washed, rinsed, then wiped down with alcohol before I do anything. In addition, I always make sure to wash my hands like a surgeon prep before even touching my mouth. Aaaaand my mouthwash and sea-salt game is on point, too. Hue.

I appreciate all of your concerns and advice for this but I just. Ugh. Funding is tighter than the bindings, to be honest. Even the gas to go up to Columbus is a bit questionable, much less the price of the procedure itself.

Gah. I need a new job.
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: August/04/2014 at 2:14am
alcohol does not kill viruses, fungus or anything aside from a few bacteria, and even so it's not bacteriostatic, meaning regrowth is immediate once you remove the tools from the alcohol; and surgical prep involves bacteriostatic triclosan or chlorhexidine based soap; and i'm not sure about the type of mouth wash you're using, in brazil there are only to that do anything that rinsing with water wouldn't, and they are expensive and uncommon, i'd bet in a country where they venerate free market as a god the situation is even worse, and you could be rinsing your mouth with all kinds of stuff
IP IP Logged
B0NES
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote B0NES Replybullet Posted: August/04/2014 at 11:23pm
The skin has a bazillion types of bacteria that grow naturally and no matter how good you wash, you'll have something on you. There are all types of risks with every procedure but steps can be taken to make it less risky. I should add that I do have some unofficial training due to having an EMT as a friend but I know it's not the ideal-ideal.

As for progress, it's going kinda slow because I think the flesh is re-knitting itself, especially near the piercing site from where the fishing wire irritated it. :( I'm getting some regrowth on the bottom as well, but not nearly as much. The top isn't splitting too fast, but the tip looks rather well.

I had to tie today's binding a bit loose since work wanted me to do the drive-through window. Didn't want to slur everything, so I made a bit of a retainer-tie? Not too tight, but enough to hopefully control any regrowth. Think I'm going to go back to fishing line for tonight, and in the morning, making sure to cut the wire both on top and bottom so that the curve of the binding doesn't cut me again when I take it out.

:D

Edited by B0NES - August/04/2014 at 11:25pm
IP IP Logged
portermark
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote portermark Replybullet Posted: October/11/2014 at 4:14pm
I used a serrated knife. Fairly painless and lots of control. Sawed through my tongue by forcing knife through the piercing, then pushing forward while cutting up and down.

Edited by portermark - October/11/2014 at 4:16pm
IP IP Logged
B0NES
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote B0NES Replybullet Posted: October/30/2014 at 8:12am
Aiiiii... I don't think my piercing is big enough to do that. I'm going from a 12guage, rather than a stretched hole. Reason being, I have a relatively low palate of mouth so larger jewelry hurts.

Also, I've had to give up on the tie method because of work. Bit hard to talk with the ties in while taking drive through orders. The constant speech made the floss cut -really- quickly. It wasn't too painful?-just under my threshold of annoying, and I salivated quite a lot. Although, boyfriend's work is commissioning me for a few murals as they are updating the store, so I might be able to get away with starting the tie method there.

As for my tongue, the front is still slightly split, but the piercing site has gone back to where it was. The regrowth area doesn't hurt and lacks taste buds, and I'm thinking that it will split pretty easily once I can start up again. :D

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version