<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Body Modification Related
 BodyMod.org Forum : Events : Body Modification Related
Message Icon Topic: Participate in Body Modification Related Research! Post Reply Post New Topic
bodmodresearch
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote bodmodresearch Replybullet Topic: Participate in Body Modification Related Research!
    Posted: November/12/2014 at 4:01pm
Hi everyone-- you are invited to participate in a research study from Binghamton University regarding elements of personality, some behaviors, and certain body modification practices. We are seeking adult volunteers to participate in this online research questionnaire designed to help us understand differences in peoples’ personalities and experiences with body modification practices.

The study is in the format of a questionnaire, and can be completed entirely online by following the SurveyMonkey link provided below. In total, the questions should take you about 20-30 minutes to complete.

If you participate, you will be eligible to win one of six $25.00 Visa gift cards! Please note that you must complete all of the questions in order to be eligible for the gift card drawings.

You can find the questionnaire online by following the link directly below:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/bodymodorg

This research is fully approved by the Binghamton University Human Subjects Research Review Committee.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by bodmodresearch - November/12/2014 at 4:09pm
IP IP Logged
evalution
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 34

Quote evalution Replybullet Posted: November/12/2014 at 11:43pm
It is highly unethical to have a survey with SO MANY triggering issues without any trigger warning and without any sort of support system in place pre-survey. I do not understand how this passed through an ethics board, and I am highly disappointed and frustrated that people feel it is appropriate to use the bodymod community as test monkeys in such situations.
IP IP Logged
choo
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote choo Replybullet Posted: November/13/2014 at 12:28am
Originally posted by evalution

It is highly unethical to have a survey with SO MANY triggering issues without any trigger warning and without any sort of support system in place pre-survey. I do not understand how this passed through an ethics board, and I am highly disappointed and frustrated that people feel it is appropriate to use the bodymod community as test monkeys in such situations.

not only that but that survey is pretty damn negative; statistics will say whatever they are warped to say but the questions on this survey are definitely geared towards portraying a negative view of the bodymodification scene imho.

something that showed two sides of the coin ATLEAST would have been nice, there are so many loving caring people inside the wider bodymod community and I didn't see any questions on good character or generosity ect....

also I got 1/3rd of the way through and answering yes/no to every possible piercing I could have had... that shit isn't cool.
IP IP Logged
Stormchaser
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Stormchaser Replybullet Posted: November/13/2014 at 10:16am
I do not see the survey negatively.

It just looks if there is a possible link between behaviours like risk taking, rudeness, emotionaloty (and others, some nice ones, some not so) or between self injury (and so on) and body mods.

Finally I have to say: It completely forgot about body suspensions and implants.
I was a bit surprised seeing the end comeing... w/o any related questio ln beeing asked.

And yes... you can like piercings, experimental piercings, self piercing, implants, suspensions....

...w/o beeing risk taking or self injuring for the pain or reckless or a show off macho at all. ...and still be quite sure who you are.

Other scientific papers show some relation between average risk taking and bodymods.
Everything else likewise average non bodymod population, broad bandwith of behaviours in common statistic distribution
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version