Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Year old tragus piercing help!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Kiki21
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Kiki21 Replybullet Topic: Year old tragus piercing help!!
    Posted: January/14/2015 at 8:37pm
]Hey guys I've had this tragus piercing for almost a year and for the last 7 months it's had a bump that will come and go. I've tried saline soak, camomile tea soaks and just leaving it alone but nothing seems to work :( I really don't want to but is it to to retire? Or is there something else I should try? A friend said she had success with peroxide. It I'm not sure...any help would be so appreciated!

Edited by Kiki21 - January/14/2015 at 10:44pm
IP IP Logged
choo
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote choo Replybullet Posted: January/14/2015 at 11:41pm
ouch; that looks sore! i'd probably try different jewlery (I recommend wildcat jewlery or better) and see if there's a difference (do you have other piercings? have you had nickel allergies before?)

with cartlidge piercings its so easy to fuck them up and its like healing from day 1 all over again.
IP IP Logged
Kiki21
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Kiki21 Replybullet Posted: January/15/2015 at 1:38am
Hey , I've tried changing the jewellery twice :( unfortunately I didn't know much about piercings and the place I went to originally put a plastic bar through when the bump first appeared they changed it to a green titanium one. That didn't really help though so I went to another piercer who changed it to the earring I have now and it's meant to be high grade titanium. I only have my ear lobes pierced and I've never had any problems with any earrings I've worn.
IP IP Logged
choo
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote choo Replybullet Posted: January/15/2015 at 5:33pm
healing time for a tragus is 3-8 months, each time you'v changed the jewlery (or even removed it, the threads on the jewlery can be super sharp, highly recommend externally threaded!)

anyway treat it like a new piercing, do what u can, if it stays looking like that for an extended period (say if it looks like that for 2 weeks while doing your saline soaks and doesn't get better)... i'd take it out then if it doesn't (personal choice).

also looks a bit dry, make sure your not mixing your saline solution too strong (1/4 teaspoon to a cup of boiling water, wait for it to cool obviously) warm saline is much better than cold.
IP IP Logged
Rikiwulf
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Rikiwulf Replybullet Posted: February/14/2015 at 12:45pm
have you tried medical grade surgical steel jewelry? it's standard piercing metal so it should be easy to find. a simple stud with a small flat back and a simple screw ball is good, hard to shag and very comfortable. it'll be easy to find on ebay for a very good price, I've gotten a few pieces there without trouble, just make sure the length and gage are right, 1/4" would be a good length. Did you talk to your piercer about it? what did they say? if you can't get results from the piercer then you should really go see a doctor.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version