<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Stretching, downsize or wait it out? Post Reply Post New Topic
SierraFoxtrot
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 38

Quote SierraFoxtrot Replybullet Topic: Stretching, downsize or wait it out?
    Posted: January/16/2015 at 10:57am
I have been stretching my lobes for about 6 or 7 years now, but its been about 2 years since I have moved more than a mm in a single stretch.
I've been at 20mm since 2013, and wearing plugs that range from 20 to 21ish and with 22mm flares without any problems.
On Wednesday I stretched using single flare stainless steel tunnels with a little bit of discomfort, but nothing painful or worse than I remember with stretching. That night I had a little bit of soreness but took it as normal since there was no swelling or redness.
Today (Friday) my left ear is feeling normal but the right is red and swollen and SORE, throbbing. I've had a good look at the back (with a mirror) and can't see a blowout, so I'm not sure what is going on.

I don't know if this is what I went through everytime and I just forgot what its like to stretch, or if something is wrong with my ear. The fact that the left is fine kind of worries me like maybe its got germs in it while I was sleeping or from my clothing. I have done my best not to touch it at all with my hands and squirted it down maybe 4 or 5 times today with a bottled saline solution. I also iced it about an hour ago which relieved the soreness for about 10 minutes but now its back with a vengeance.
I took a few ibuprofen and codiene tablets to dumb the aching today.
I don't know wether to downsize or just wait it out? I know that taking the jewellery out at this point is going to hurt a lot.

I've got problems of my own, but not the kind that can be solved with an atom bomb.
IP IP Logged
SierraFoxtrot
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 38

Quote SierraFoxtrot Replybullet Posted: January/16/2015 at 6:40pm
Update, I iced my ear or about an hour last night and it really helped. I also took the o ring off the back of the SFE and that seemed to relieve quite a bit of pressure.
Waking up this morning there is no pain or hot feeling.
I think it would be sore to touch but obviously I'm avoiding touching it in case I annoy it again.
The right is still looking very red in comparison to the left ear but 100% better than yesterday, I will just give it a couple of squirts over the course of the day and see how I go.

I've got problems of my own, but not the kind that can be solved with an atom bomb.
IP IP Logged
choo
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote choo Replybullet Posted: January/17/2015 at 5:03am
your doin good with it, i'd personally (highly) recommend just removing the jewlery or downsizing and re-stretch later, blowouts SUCK but you'l know very quickly when u get one, if its hurting then just downsize for a little while then go back up - make sure you do your stretchings in a hot shower, iv had my septum @ ~6g for almost 10 years and gone up / down heaps or leave it out for long periods; iv got a few things to say so i'l use point form.

* massaging healed ear lobes with emu oil promotes lobe health, stimulates blood flow, will keep them thick and generally be a good thing (this will also heal blowouts, its a good idea for people with stretched lobes)

* if your adjusting / changing the jewlery or ESPECIALLY stretching - a hot shower is always a good idea - the skin is more soft/pliable/happy/ect/ect its a good idea!

* don't wear silicone (or atleast not as daily jewelry) - that thins the lobes out quicker than you could ever expect (friend of mines ex partner ended up with completely split lobes from wearing silicone tunnels).

* half the reason saline soaks are so great is you use hot water and its soothing to soak with; I use gauze/rag/ect and keep it to the lobe (bearable temperature obviously, don't but yourself! warm not hot!)

* don't worry about germs in the piercing ect, it really becomes relivent when you tear it, not handling your piercings too much is always a good idea though!

sorry if that could'v been condensed into a few lines or something, i'm drunk and passed a computer lol :P
[edit]: spelling / clarification

Edited by choo - January/18/2015 at 11:28pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version