BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Bumps on nipple piercings Post Reply Post New Topic
Dcool098
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Dcool098 Replybullet Topic: Bumps on nipple piercings
    Posted: January/16/2015 at 11:16am

Hey, I've had my nipple piercings for 6 months now, and have on and off again received these bumps at the end of my piercings, I missed a few days of cleaning them properly due to running out of piercing soap but I was told I can use Dial antibacterial body was which I use now to clean twice a day. Also I have been doing SSS twice a day and using tea tree oil. It's been a couple days now and I'm seeing no change and also they seem to itch often. Am I I doing anything wrong? Any suggestions would help, I also would like to change my piercings soon. I have attached pictures of the bumps and also the tea tree oil I use.
IP IP Logged
choo
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote choo Replybullet Posted: January/17/2015 at 4:44am
ohhhh man, that looks SORE!

I just got mine pierced recently and thought I was in a bad place at one point (swelling/discoloration/bump) but it was nowhere near that bad!

ok so straight up stop the tee tree oil... I mean if it was gonna work it'd happen fairly quickly and its obviously not helping (or not much).

with the amount of inflammation in that i'd be looking at a high quality barbel (the cbr will pull on the piercing slightly, move more and make it more difficult to heal). secondly make sure your sea salt soaks are 1/4 teaspoon salt to 1 cup boiling water (obviously wait for it to cool to bearable temp, extra salt in the water DOES NOT HELP, under-do it: a big part of the salt soaks is that the water is hot/warm - it doesn't kill germs or anything but it will relieve swelling and make it feel much better).

piercings will react if you do the right or wrong thing very quickly, at this point its clear the tea tree doesn't help so try something else (you will get a result very quickly).
IP IP Logged
choo
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote choo Replybullet Posted: January/17/2015 at 4:50am
scrolled back up and saw you have cbr jewlery in a vertical nipple piercing - dude I don't think that's ok, go get barbels and you for sure will have an improvement (that'd get bumped from side to side constantly, its natural wearing position would be facing directly outwards, each time you put the ring left or right it'd probably tear or irritate the fistula (piercing hole).

A regular nipple piercing won't have to bend back/forth, even a fresh horrizontal nipple with a ring's natural hang would be straight down, its unlikely you would ever flip the ring all the way up y'know?

so yeah - get rid of the cbr for sure; make sure its surgical stainless steel or titanium; I hope I explained all this right (had a few drinks) if your unsure ask questions, i'd be interested to hear how the piercing reacts to putting a barbel in, you can always put the ring back in later but I wouldn't consider it suitable jewlery for a fresh or irritated piercing.
IP IP Logged
Dcool098
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Dcool098 Replybullet Posted: January/17/2015 at 11:09am
Hey thanks for your help man I'll change the piercings immediately, Im continuing with my sea salt soaks twice a day so I'll see how it goes with the new barbells as well. As for the tea tree oil do you know another way I can keep them also moisturized, I was using the oil to also moisturize them because I heard it's safe to use.

Originally posted by choo

ohhhh man, that looks SORE!

I just got mine pierced recently and thought I was in a bad place at one point (swelling/discoloration/bump) but it was nowhere near that bad!

ok so straight up stop the tee tree oil... I mean if it was gonna work it'd happen fairly quickly and its obviously not helping (or not much).

with the amount of inflammation in that i'd be looking at a high quality barbel (the cbr will pull on the piercing slightly, move more and make it more difficult to heal). secondly make sure your sea salt soaks are 1/4 teaspoon salt to 1 cup boiling water (obviously wait for it to cool to bearable temp, extra salt in the water DOES NOT HELP, under-do it: a big part of the salt soaks is that the water is hot/warm - it doesn't kill germs or anything but it will relieve swelling and make it feel much better).

piercings will react if you do the right or wrong thing very quickly, at this point its clear the tea tree doesn't help so try something else (you will get a result very quickly).

IP IP Logged
Dcool098
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Dcool098 Replybullet Posted: January/17/2015 at 11:12am
Also I read somewhere thag soaking them in perixide will help as well, anything on that?
IP IP Logged
choo
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote choo Replybullet Posted: January/18/2015 at 11:26pm
you shouldn't need to moisturize your nipples if the sea salt soaks aren't too concentrated.

peroxide is an old "ghetto remedy" for infected piercings; don't do it! its nasty stuff and dries the fk out of piercings.

just put barbels in em and do as you like; fingers crossed you should see an improvement within a week (be aware changing the jewelry will irritate it slightly) up to you if you keep using tea tree oil, definitely don't use peroxide tho.
IP IP Logged
Stormchaser
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Stormchaser Replybullet Posted: January/20/2015 at 7:28am
Ouch, that looks more then just stressed. 99% that's a rather nasty infection + small abscess. Antibacterial soaps and tea tree oil are good... but not enough here. Rather cocentrated salt solutions help the body to drain things, but that alone is still not enough.

You definitely need antiseptic rincages. H2O2 was in my opinion not very effective when I tried it out. Octinidine dihydrochloride solutions should help (it is a widesprea used antiseptic agent for wound Treatment)
You can also try the Polyhexanide - Betaine - complex (or Polyhexanide alone).

All these work well on fresh piercings to fight or avoid infections... (and These can be combined with tea tree oil)

You may try the Iodine tinctures and complexes used in pharmacy (Povidone iodine), when the jewellry can stand it. (do not mix that with anything else)

On older piercings I had very good results with simple cheap old remedy: 70% Isopropanole (rubbing alcohol), when they develloped stupid small abscesses. (careful that bugger burns)
Also I like to use that for cleaning completely healed piercings, it works as an extremely strong antiseptic, but doing no harm to the skin or fistula.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version