Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Lip piercing too low? Post Reply Post New Topic
honeydrop5
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote honeydrop5 Replybullet Topic: Lip piercing too low?
    Posted: February/15/2015 at 9:59am
I just got a lip piercing yesterday and wasn't given an option for a ring although I probably should have asked. When the piercer marked I did tell him I thought it was way too low but he advised that he wanted to spare any dental damage so I said okay. After sharing with friends they said they felt it was too low to switch later to a ring. I'm a bit disappointed. Not only do I have very full lips but the piercing does look very low and when viewed from the side looks almost impossible to wear a ring. Thoughts please? It's something I can't fix regardless as I can have it re pierced I just wanted opinions before I go that route.
IP IP Logged
JaxKat
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote JaxKat Replybullet Posted: February/15/2015 at 12:25pm
That does look a bit low for that kind of piercing. I can understand the piercer being concerned about dental damage, but I would think that the lower piercing in that spot would cause more damage. You can see from my photo where my side lip piercing was (I don't have that one anymore) and it's positioned closer to the lip. I always wore a small diameter ring and never had any damage from it. It was actually my labret that caused dental damage.

Personally, I would have it redone, either by the same piercer or a different one. Although, I think the original piercer should redo it without charge because you had said you didn't want it that low. But that's just what I think.

IP IP Logged
Yzzy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote Yzzy Replybullet Posted: April/08/2015 at 11:11am
Wayyyy too low for a lip ring. Unless you want a 2 inch ring!

What happened with this? Did you have it re-done?

Facebook
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version