BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Hardcore Experiences
Message Icon Topic: Strange night Post Reply Post New Topic
Keairao
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 22

Quote Keairao Replybullet Topic: Strange night
    Posted: January/30/2006 at 1:05pm
So this goes out to all you guys (and gals!) who are experienced at suspensions. Do you ever have days where it just doesn't 'work'?

Please allow me to explain.....

So my crew and I were doing a show on Saturday. I'm supposed to do a 4 pt suicide. Get pierced, and it was sweet. Best hooks ever, didn't get feeling nasty like I usually do, was able to get them all in in about half the time it normally would take for me. (I'm usually needing 5 mins or so between hooks and then about 10 before I can even think about getting rigged). But everything just went perfectly. I had a great head space, felt really good, was very excited, less terrified than normal (I know, I can be a total wimp sometimes, just be happy you're not the ones having to deal with me! :))

Get rigged. Everything is good. I've got a hold of the pully rope, and I'm starting to put some tension on the hooks (I love having controll over at least the first part of the suspension, makes me freak out less). I get to the point where I'm nearly all seperated, I'm feeling amazing at this point. I'm thinking that I could pull myself up at this point, and I'm trying to decide if I should (the guy who taught me did it a few times, and it looked incredible) When suddenly our crowd controll guy fucks off and people start walking around me and the two guys having a tug of war. I hear the comotion (had my eyes closed) open my eyes as one of them walks into my back, hitting the hooks.

I very quickly found out what 4 hooks  in the back feels like with no endorphins. The pain started making me feel nautious. People get out of our performance area, and my best friend (part of the crew) is there talking to me, giving me some gatorade and checking vitals. I must have looked terrible, because more people are now trying to get into the area to see if I'm okay. He yells at them to get away, leave me alone and I'm trying to get back to where I was, but all I want to do at this point is serious violence or curl up in a ball and cry (and I don't cry.  - at least not in public!! and not from pain) We try to keep going, I'm there on my tippy toes, but I just couldn't get off the ground. As soon as I came close, the pain was overwhelming. After about 20 mins of this, he's asking me to stop. I finally agree and we get the hooks out.

I'm sore, I'm bruised (doesn't usually happen) and pretty miserable/pissed off. I can accept if I'm the reason I can't get off the ground - this isn't the first 'unsucessfull' ordeal I've had, but I feel robbed. I don't know how to process this (but it's still early - I usually don't get the full effect untill about a week later - then it hits me) What I need to know is - has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm not looking for sympathy, or support, just wondering if I'm alone in this type of thing. And I needed to vent, and Wain is sick of hearing about it, although he won't let on.

I did get to tear into a few of the people who were fucking around with us. and I've been working on ways to keep people out of the performace area, while still having an 'intamate' atmosphere for our audience - any ideas there would be apreciated.
IP IP Logged
circle23
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 193

Quote circle23 Replybullet Posted: January/30/2006 at 2:05pm
that fucking sucks!! im sorry you had to endure that sounds like crowd
control guys need to having a meeting on better protection for the
performers
When the hook pierces the flesh , the Soul begins to vibrate--- circle23
IP IP Logged
Nothintalive4
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Nothintalive4 Replybullet Posted: May/22/2008 at 7:40am
 not trying to be an asshole here.

why do people do this activity? feel good? nice pain?

sorry i don't see the point
IP IP Logged
rorgoroth
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote rorgoroth Replybullet Posted: May/22/2008 at 8:28am
Unlucky, go find the crowd control guys
an see how they like hooks in their face.

IP IP Logged
ch33z3x
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote ch33z3x Replybullet Posted: May/23/2008 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Nothintalive4

not trying to be an asshole here.

why do people do this activity? feel good? nice pain?

sorry i don't see the point

Do some research
The golden rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.
IP IP Logged
Austenitic
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Austenitic Replybullet Posted: January/16/2010 at 4:49pm
Crowd control have to be regarded as mission-critical from what you've said. I think a fairly sharp talking-to is in order, or just hire better crew next time. There definitely needs to be a procedure in place, in this case it's fairly simple: Keep the crowd a sensible distance away. Establish a boundary and enforce it. Not wanting to over-organise an otherwise pleasant occasion, there need to be rules. Hope it goes better next time :(
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: January/16/2010 at 5:06pm
i'm pretty sure they had that talk...yanno...maybe 4 years ago when it happened...
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Stormchaser
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Stormchaser Replybullet Posted: January/16/2010 at 6:13pm
ouch bad story... Not only the crowd control failed, the crownd failed. That's people inside the scene, hanging theirselves, doing pullings and so on - but being reckless to others hanging - a clear fail.

And... some random guys hitting, touching the hooks - contamination??? I definitely would still be able to hang later on, but for the moment I would have shout at the people there in a way, they'd not forget so fast.
IP IP Logged
Druidess
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 58

Quote Druidess Replybullet Posted: January/16/2010 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by kcir

i'm pretty sure they had that talk...yanno...maybe 4 years ago when it happened...

I don't think these people read posts(beyond the first) or dates at all. lol.
When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fyre.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version