Message Icon Topic: suspension experiences Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 160

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Topic: suspension experiences
    Posted: April/29/2006 at 12:56am
i wasn't sure which category to put this under, because it's not about MY experience...
well anyways, i was just informed today that my piercer/modifier (however you would like to call him) wanted to get me into suspension, when, i'm not yet sure, but i would like to hear about some of your experiences. if you could include your weight, hang time, suspension type, etc, it would be great. i really would like to hear from people who have already taken part in this. oh, and what would be the best suspension for a first timer? i'm only 90 pounds (no eating disorder, i assure you!), so i would HOPE that hooks don't rip out, but that also will depend on other factors as well
IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 124

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: April/29/2006 at 10:15am
There is no 'best' suspension for a first timer.... there are 'easier' suspensions than others, but are you just looking for the 'easiest' to start with? If so, a multiple hook suspension like a superman, usually done with 8 to 10 hooks has the least discomfort. At only 90 lbs, a 10 point superman would mean only 9 lbs per hook.....
My last suspension was 250 lbs on 2 hooks........ meaning don't necessarily just shoot for the 'easiest'.... like everything in this industry... you should just do what you want....... an experienced suspension crew should be able to accommodate your desires....

Edited by MontanaPiercer - April/29/2006 at 10:16am
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: April/29/2006 at 7:04pm
i thought that first i should try a superman, because of the multiple hooks, but i'm also not sure how many hooks came in, but then again, i can always wait for more to come. i thought it would be easier to start with that, then move into suicides. i just want to try to ease myself into it, i never really take things slowly, and i'm thinking maybe i should for something like this. thanks for the advice
IP IP Logged
xXxJenocydexXx
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 8

Quote xXxJenocydexXx Replybullet Posted: May/01/2006 at 12:50am
Wow, 90 lbs.???  JEALOUS!!! 

But back to topic....I suppose you could try with pulls first, if you're nervous.  I've never done either, and don't really have any intention to, but more power to those of you who CAN handle it!
"Yeah? Well if you didn't know I was drunk...you'd just think I was really cool."
IP IP Logged
TheMajekalBum
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote TheMajekalBum Replybullet Posted: May/01/2006 at 1:25am
Suspensions look crazy to me...I would more hooks would proboly hurt less during the hang but then again there are more holes being made.....it's a toss up...paion from more holes or pain from more weight....I'd go with more holes.......but then again I've never done a suspension.
IP IP Logged
xXxJenocydexXx
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 8

Quote xXxJenocydexXx Replybullet Posted: May/02/2006 at 12:46am
Well, I would imagine holes and weight are two different kinds of pain.  I would think that weight would be more of a throbbing pain, combination of dull and sharp....holes are just sharp.
"Yeah? Well if you didn't know I was drunk...you'd just think I was really cool."
IP IP Logged
metem
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote metem Replybullet Posted: May/18/2006 at 5:26am

i didn't have a suspension in my life...but i think it a very special experience..i want do...but i'm incert of tipe do..

IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: May/18/2006 at 3:16pm
yeah i'm only 90 pounds... and it's not that i'm nervous, i was just curious of how i should ease myself into it, and a superman sounds like a good way. i don't know when i'll be doing it though, it may be some time
i think i figured out the ultimate reason why i modify: i just like touching myself.
IP IP Logged
Nicoleslavich
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 56

Quote Nicoleslavich Replybullet Posted: May/27/2006 at 3:08pm
  I suspended, in September of '05.  Montana strung me up for my first time.  My stats (I can't believe I'm writing this for the world to read...) are 5'10" and 275 lbs in the morning, after I've voided and haven't eaten yet... hahaha.  Yep, big girl.  I went with a 6pt chest.  The pain factor was zero for me.  I litterally had not one iota of pain through out the experience (not a typical reaction).  My hang time was just over 3 minutes.  Funny story about why I came down so soon... lol.  PM me if you care to hear it.

It was the single most amazing and empowering experience I've ever had.  As I was relating to my boyfriend last night, I've had a lot of crazy experiences(seriously, I should write a screenplay... it's practically unbelievable).  Suspension is the most important to me though.  The actual act is what most people will try to prepare you for or tell you about.  That part is....   there are not words. 

I think an important part, that people usually leave out, is how you feel after.  It is intensly empowering.  The self-esteem meter, and the "I can handle _____" meter just go through the fucking roof.  It's not an invincibility thing, but it counts as like 100 notches on your coups club (to get all pseudo-native american, I am from/in Montana, after all!-  I don't mean any offense by that statement at all, in fact, the opposite). 

The experience is utterly one-of-a-kind, and utterly individualized.  Across the board, it is amazing though.  If you truely feel it is right for you, then please do join us.

Edited by Nicoleslavich - May/27/2006 at 3:09pm
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: May/27/2006 at 7:01pm

i can't even begin to explain how much i would like to try it, be it soon or in 10+ years. i've talked to a few others that have suspended, and they told me the best feeling was how they felt afterwards, and i can't even understand, i just need to try it for myself. i don't think i'll ever do a chest suspension, because of my scar piece, but i'd love to try out a few.

and of course i'd like to hear about why you came down early, i'm a curious girl!
i think i figured out the ultimate reason why i modify: i just like touching myself.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version