BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Hardcore Experiences
Message Icon Topic: suspension experiences Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Nicoleslavich
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 56

Quote Nicoleslavich Replybullet Posted: May/29/2006 at 5:28pm
I think, if I had a beautiful scar piece on my chest, such as yours, I would feel more inclined to have gone with a suspension of a different style.  I wish you the best of luck in your suspension descisions.
IP IP Logged
insignificunt
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote insignificunt Replybullet Posted: July/11/2006 at 12:17pm

I went up for the first time this past weekend. I'm also a bigger girl, 5'5" and about 180. i did 4 pt suicide (back) suspension and I was up for about 10 or more minutes. Like Nicole.. .the most amazing, intense, and defining moment ever.

Good luck with yours, and have fun! that's the most important thing! I had a blast doing mine and can't wait to fly again!! :D
for joy there's pain
IP IP Logged
Speedball
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote Speedball Replybullet Posted: July/27/2006 at 1:54am
Well Montana helped with mine too back in March I think?  I did a 10pt superman.  My first piercings to be honest though I have large scarification on my back.  The most painful thing was really just getting the hooks in.  The most difficult was letting go and relaxing for lift off.  It was painful for the first few minutes but after that I was really comfortable and I ended up swinging myself around grabbing at people pushing off walls and having a great time of it.  In total I was up for around 40 minutes and only came down because my arms and leggs were getting really cold and a bit tinggley from lack of blood flow.  Im 6'1" and at the time was 200lbs (Im 180 now) lol 

If you can handle scarification then suspension is a piece of CAKE so dont worry about it!
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 160

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: July/27/2006 at 3:30am
haha thanks, i figured that the worst would be the hooks and then the first little bit trying to get up and hang, but i would assume that the pain would go away after the hooks and skin adjust and such. but i'm really not worried about the pain...  i'm just hoping the skin doesn't tear too badly really. or the hooks rip out for that matter. i can usually bitch out a lot haha. and if i don't like it, i can always come down, but i haven't hated any of my experiences with modding to date, it's usually what i love most
i think i figured out the ultimate reason why i modify: i just like touching myself.
IP IP Logged
Speedball
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote Speedball Replybullet Posted: July/27/2006 at 4:05pm
I didnt have any of my hooks do any ripping at all in fact I think I only had one small trickle of blood...    
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: July/27/2006 at 10:05pm
for me i don't see it likely to happen with the right gauge hooks and a good amount of skin pierced of course, it's just the only thing i really fear about suspension... the possibility of it. i think i just worry too much sometimes haha
i think i figured out the ultimate reason why i modify: i just like touching myself.
IP IP Logged
bluestar
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote bluestar Replybullet Posted: January/09/2007 at 8:53am
Who is your piercer/modifier? I live in the same area as you..
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: January/09/2007 at 5:52pm
he is no more. before, it was because he had been planning on quitting. now, it is because of a scrap i'm in with others that somehow got to him... it was jeremy at sleepy hollow studios though. it's a shame, i thought he knew me better...
IP IP Logged
Shelliokin
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 28

Quote Shelliokin Replybullet Posted: March/29/2007 at 2:49pm
I did my suspension as an opening act for Enigma when he came through Albuquerque in December of '04. I'd love to suspend again, but there's only one person around here that I'm comfortable with and there are a few things that are neither here nor there preventing him from being able to offer suspensions outside of shows.

I am 5'4 and 120lbs (might have been closer to 115lbs when I went up). Hung from my knees, four points. Piercing the hooks hurt considerably less than I thought (getting my nipples pierced hurt more) and there was a bit of discomfort as I was going up, but it was brief and totally worth it. Then there was just that "wow, this is completely and utterly amazing" feeling.

I had a couple trickles of blood walking around the club afterward. Nothing bad. I honestly have never heard a first hand account of really bad tearing through a suspension.
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version