BodyMod.org News and Updates
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod.org : BodyMod.org News and Updates
Message Icon Topic: Last Rites... What Happened? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Adam
BMod Admin
BMod Admin

Total Mods: 71

Quote Adam Replybullet Topic: Last Rites... What Happened?
    Posted: June/09/2007 at 5:21pm

Click for Full Size
A lot of people may be wondering, "What's going on with Last Rites?" Well, here's the deal...

A couple weeks ago, there was a breakup between Paul Booth and the other artists of the shop (Dan Marshall, Tim Kern, Jeremiah Barba, Ethan Morgan, and Liorcifer), and the shop manager, Joe. It was a little messy at first, but I think everyone has calmed down and realized that it was for the best all around and has created a new chapter in all of their lives.

Paul has decided to take a break from tattooing and his other interests for about a month or so and take a much needed vacation. I have known him personally for about 5 years now, and I have never seen him take a day off of work. All of the other guys are still working with their clients and are still taking new work. If you haven't been contacted by Joe about any of this, or you are looking to get in contact with any of the artists, just send me a PM and I will get you in touch.

Obviously there has been talk of the artists either going to other shops, or collectively opening their own, but I can confirm that these are just rumors right now. The only thing that I know for sure is that Jeremiah is moving back to California, and Joe is still handling all of the other artists' appointments. As for the other artists, Ethan is continuing to work out of the NYC area. The core of the other artists (Dan, Lior, and Tim) are all actively working together and are planning to keep it that way.

As for the website, it's just bad timing and a crazy mess. Right when everything went to hell in a hand-basket, the HD of the server siezed. I am currently working on getting a new hard drive in place and restoring as much as I can as soon as possible. I expect to have everything done in the next couple days.

For all of the Last Rites minions out there, I want to say thanks for all your support! I know Paul and all the other guys appreciate it too. Your home will be back soon!

Please do not listen to any other "sources" that you may hear. I guarantee that they're just rumors, and will just add to the stereotypical bullshit drama. Unless it's posted here or on DarkImages.com, it's not the truth.

Check back here for updates with all the artists that have moved on. Until they get their own thing going (whatever it is), I'm volunteering to be their spokesperson and a place for their fans to mingle.

Piece.

.: Adam
IP IP Logged
Roevil
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 19

Quote Roevil Replybullet Posted: June/09/2007 at 6:56pm
Thank you, Adam, for the post and for taking care of our Ritean home!
I just want to add that all the artists can be reached through their MySpace pages. Lior is now in Israel, and he's back to the States in 2 weeks. He doesn't have a MySpace page, but Joe can take appointments for him.
I hope that things will get better soon, and wish Paul and the artists the best of luck in whatever they decide for the future.
IP IP Logged
JenO33
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote JenO33 Replybullet Posted: June/09/2007 at 7:56pm
Talked to Lior a few weeks ago about it, still getting work by him wherever he is :) The guys at Last Rites are a awesome bunch, I know everybody will make it just fine. 
IP IP Logged
agent5556
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote agent5556 Replybullet Posted: June/09/2007 at 8:23pm
I signed up on this board just for this thread....I am glad to hear that its no ALL over.  I still plan on getting work done by Lior.  I hope that nothings gone too bad.  Please keep us posted.  Agent
IP IP Logged
solventabuse
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote solventabuse Replybullet Posted: June/09/2007 at 11:35pm
thanks for the conformation, the rumors i heard sucked..

hails all minions Skull   <BM needs a more evil skull than this!

IP IP Logged
core2
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote core2 Replybullet Posted: June/10/2007 at 3:45am
Hey Adam thanks for the post bro.Glad to hear that we Riteans will be getting our home back.Hope you are able to transfer a lot of the old on to the new disk.Your work with DarkImages is highly appreciated.Riteans,saddle up were going home!!!!core2 A.k.a. SCRUM.

Edited by core2 - June/10/2007 at 3:58am
IP IP Logged
solventabuse
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote solventabuse Replybullet Posted: June/10/2007 at 3:47am
wow, edited for spelling errors and realized i mustve been drunk when i typed this

Edited by solventabuse - June/10/2007 at 11:28pm
IP IP Logged
Vassago
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 8

Quote Vassago Replybullet Posted: June/10/2007 at 9:36am
Thanks for the info and your work  Adam, I sure miss my place at darkimages and I hope it will be solved in the future.
IP IP Logged
broken
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 13

Quote broken Replybullet Posted: June/10/2007 at 10:35am
Thanks Adam. A really bad time for the site to be down, so I appreciate any information regarding the situation.

I really hope that Tim, Dan and Lior do stay together and I'm really happy that Paul has decided to take a break to step back and reflect.

Any news on the DVD's? I see the site is back up but  not taking orders?

Hailz
IP IP Logged
Chongo
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 18

Quote Chongo Replybullet Posted: June/10/2007 at 10:46am
Thanks for the info Adam.  I think a lot of us were really concerned, especially those with unfinished work.  Definitely keep us updated on the status of everyone's new location.  I'm still in shock.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version