BodyMod.org News and Updates
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod.org : BodyMod.org News and Updates
Message Icon Topic: VeriChip... Anyone got one? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Adam
BMod Admin
BMod Admin

Total Mods: 71

Quote Adam Replybullet Topic: VeriChip... Anyone got one?
    Posted: September/14/2007 at 11:57am

Click for Full Size
I was recently given an article by member 'BadAssTattoo' about the implantable RFID chips from a maker called VeriChip. It's main market is to be used as an acceptable form of ID. Here's a link to the article if you'd like to read more about it:

Click here for article

The reason I found this interesting is that implantable RFID's is somewhat of an interest to me. About a year ago, I began playing around with RFID technology to control power (on/off) to items all over the world via the internet (if you're interested in this, let me know and I'll talk about it). Anyway, in this bag of RFID chips that I received was a glass ampule that is common for implanting into pets. My cat Jason has one at the base of his neck. VeriChip is saying, "Hey. humans need this too!" Granted, I think it's a fun idea, but not practical at all for true identity verification. Why might you ask? Easy... if someone can get within about a foot (or more depending on the device) from your implanted RFID chip, it can be cloned (copied). And it isn't rocket science either. You can buy these things right off the internet (check out RFIDiot.org for a plethora of info and gadgets on this.

So if you thing getting a chip implanted in you is secure.... please read this -> IT'S NOT! They should be used for novelty or as a seconds means of identification. By no means should an RFID chip ever be considered a primary piece of identification. If you're not too familiar with RFID tracking and tracing, you may want to look into this because a lot of companies and governments have been using them for years. Levi's puts them in their jeans, Walmart attaches them to damn near all their products, and government are putting them into their new passports (yikes!). The scary part about this is that if you have an identifying RFID chip on your person, ANYONE with the proper reader / cloner can read the data without asking, letting you know, or even copy it and use it as their own.

My My%202%20Cents =)

.: Adam

Edited by Adam - September/14/2007 at 12:00pm
IP IP Logged
PeckerWood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 17

Quote PeckerWood Replybullet Posted: September/14/2007 at 12:08pm
My GF worked for a vet and i used to joke that i should get several implanted 1 for ea limb and 1 in my head and torso. i fly alot and just think how easy it would be to find all my parts after a crash if you could just scan a pile of people bits. lol

IP IP Logged
Nicoleslavich
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 56

Quote Nicoleslavich Replybullet Posted: September/14/2007 at 12:53pm
lol, I really sort of like that idea, Pecker.  It's terribly humerous, and sort of practical, in a relatively far-fetched way.

I'm not terribly farmiliar with RFID's, but it sounds utterly cool.  I had no idea about the cloning thing... that would pose a problem in a lot of instances, I'd imagine.  I think it's definitely worth me finding out nore about.  Thanks Adam.
IP IP Logged
Myssticaz
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote Myssticaz Replybullet Posted: September/14/2007 at 1:04pm
I think that this is the same thing that I saw on the news about a year ago. There are people who want to get them implanted in their children! There's a big controversy about it, because of privacy and all.
IP IP Logged
crimsonghost
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 32

Quote crimsonghost Replybullet Posted: September/14/2007 at 1:30pm

a little ironic that this is posted after an article about george orwell, sounds like something out of 1984.  i think its scary to know that someone with the right technology can keep tabs on me and know where i am at all times, scary shit man

IP IP Logged
AlecTrosex
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote AlecTrosex Replybullet Posted: September/14/2007 at 1:59pm
There is talk about how RFID chips may cause cancer. . .
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/08/AR2007090800997_pf.html
IP IP Logged
AMPS
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote AMPS Replybullet Posted: September/14/2007 at 3:55pm
Such chip can be used not as ID but some kind of medical database. After accident or something like that paramedics just scan your neck ( if you still have one) and they know all your alergies, illneses and stuff like that. 
IP IP Logged
t3chDzyn
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 16

Quote t3chDzyn Replybullet Posted: September/14/2007 at 5:25pm
So when we putting mine in man?
IP IP Logged
pseud
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote pseud Replybullet Posted: September/14/2007 at 6:21pm
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4PpMdTmVMpo

this is an interesting clip form a video made by a lot of reserach from a conspiracy-nut like mahself. If you can't sit and watch the whole nine minute clip (which is actually a small part to a whole 2 hours worth of video), atleast let it load and watch from 4:41 on.

Rfid chipping. --> working for wally-world, the employees were just notified of the new rfid chipping that will be implemented into all merchandise to "improve" shrinkage of merch, sales and so forth. If everything is chipped....recieving merch is easy, findind specific merch anywhere in the stores is easy...all you would need to do is run a flat bed of stuff through a new checkout setup, and instantly..your total is tallied up. (kinda kills the need for lots of jobs, eh.)

check in to it all, you'll be freaked out a bit.

Edited by pseud - September/14/2007 at 6:25pm
"When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." -Ron Paul

IP IP Logged
Steazy Crack
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote Steazy Crack Replybullet Posted: September/14/2007 at 7:32pm
if you want to know more about rfid chips start looking into the national identification card, then start looking into the amero, and then start looking into the north american union, and even after this you still have alot of homework to do. These things are like someone said alot like 1984, maybe thats what we are headed for though, we live in a pre-police state here in america and I can see things every day getting worse and out of control, look up on the white house website presidential directive 51, it's on there and if you can get past all of the confusing shit thrown in it basiclly says that Bush and any president after can cancel elections for and indefinite amount of time if there is something like a "terrorist attack",natuaral disaster or something that would severly disrupt this countries economy....
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version