BodyMod.org Forum : BMod Professional's Corner : Q&A for BMod Professionals
Message Icon Topic: septum plus nasal spray Post Reply Post New Topic
kramer8
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote kramer8 Replybullet Topic: septum plus nasal spray
    Posted: April/11/2008 at 5:27pm
I'm thinking of piercing my septum but I need to use a nasal spray for my allergies every night.  Any clue if this will mess things up with the healing process?
Everything about Cirque du Soleil is wet and french and gay and on fire, all at the same time.
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 160

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: April/12/2008 at 2:10am
depending on the chemicals in your spray, it is quite likely it will have some effect, be it delaying healing, irritation, a bit more pain, dryness, and so forth. i have no idea if this would be possible for you or not, but maybe you could use your spray and then dip a q-tip in sea salt solution and wipe the piercing site down as a precaution? can't promise it will do a whole lot but it would do more than not doing anything.

changing your method of medication might not be something you're willing to do either. i know when my ex was dealing with bad allergies he had the spray and he had pills, but he used both here and there. i don't think he used the spray, or even had it then, when he first had his septum pierced though, and i've got no experience with that kind of stuff either. i just know that you should likely flush/rinse healing piercings if you've been in a pool/lake or have been in contact with harsh air or something.
i think i figured out the ultimate reason why i modify: i just like touching myself.
IP IP Logged
kramer8
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote kramer8 Replybullet Posted: April/12/2008 at 2:17am
thanks eaten.  i also use this thing called a netty pot (looks like a plastic genies lamp).  it irrigates the sinuses with saline.  i'll probably just switch over to that.  i'm really not sure if the damn inhaler even works.  i'll guess i'll find out!
Everything about Cirque du Soleil is wet and french and gay and on fire, all at the same time.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version