BodyMod.org Forum : BMod Professional's Corner : Q&A for BMod Professionals
Message Icon Topic: unhealed nipple Post Reply Post New Topic
3ISNOTALETTER
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote 3ISNOTALETTER Replybullet Topic: unhealed nipple
    Posted: April/29/2008 at 7:15pm
I have had my nipples pierced for over a year now ( since 03/20/07 ) but they have never fully healed, they are not rejecting and are not majorly irritated though the right nipple did have an absess but I treated and it subsided. I was wondering what I can do to help them fully heal as saline soaks don't seem to be helping is there an antiseptic cream available that would be safe to use or should I downsize the jewellery ( currently at 12g) and treat them with saline soaks until they are fully healed. I would rather not downsize or remove the jewellery and have them re-pierced but I am willing to do anything to ensure the piercings heal properly, I will be very thankful for any advice.
I hear them ................ They're walking...................

IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 124

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: May/02/2008 at 2:10am
what are you wearing in them, anything with a tight curvature like small cbr, can cause long term misery
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
IP IP Logged
Carrie_p2005
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 100

Quote Carrie_p2005 Replybullet Posted: May/02/2008 at 4:42am
Nope, he's got barbells.  There could be a number of reasons why they are not healed properly yet.  Are you absolutely sure the jewelry material is not causing an issue?  Even 316L stainless steel causes reactions for some.  And if it is a lower grade, it's even worse.  Maybe try some titanium.  You may just be a very slow healer.  Did your other piercings seem to take longer than average to heal?  My nipples took about a year to fully heal.  Are you using premade saline or mixing your own solution?  If you are mixing your own, are you using the proper dilution (1/4 teaspoon in 8 ounces of water).  If you are using the right amount and not soaking more than a few times a day, try discontinuing the sea salt and using just warm compresses instead.  The warmth helps with healing as much as the salt.
IP IP Logged
3ISNOTALETTER
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote 3ISNOTALETTER Replybullet Posted: May/02/2008 at 1:39pm
when they where pierced they where done with cbr's but I later changed to barbells how exactly do you carry out a hot compress
I hear them ................ They're walking...................

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version