<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercing Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Piercing Experiences
Message Icon Topic: Pierced - for life or for the moment? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 19 Next >>
pierced_kitten
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote pierced_kitten Replybullet Topic: Pierced - for life or for the moment?
    Posted: May/19/2008 at 7:14pm
I wanted to bring up something I thought about today.  Obviously we all love getting pierced.  Do you plan on making this way of life a permanent staple, or are you doing this for the moment and plan to hang it up when you get older?

The reason I ask is because I work with quite a few older people *In their 40s - 50s*, and they have this attitude like my piercings are a thing for the young.  3 of them admire my piercings and have told me "if they were young like me, they'd want to do the same thing"  *as in, get pierced*.  They seem worried about what their families and peers would think if they did get pierced and whatnot.

In a way it depresses me.  I, for one, do not want to remove all my piercings and hang it up on the shelf as soon as I get "too old."  I love it, and I want to stay pierced for as long as I possibly can.  I simply don't want to quit living life the way I enjoy it when I hit my middle ages. 

I was just curious if anyone else ever thought about this sort of thing in the long term, and where do you think your opinion on staying pierced will be in 20 - 30 yrs down the road?
IP IP Logged
Uraniumhobo
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 105

Quote Uraniumhobo Replybullet Posted: May/19/2008 at 7:20pm
i dont plan on stopping, i might in quantity here pretty quick after my conches and flats, but im gonna make them big big BIG and keep em for like
IP IP Logged
coheed_a7x
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote coheed_a7x Replybullet Posted: May/19/2008 at 7:25pm
I don't see myself 'growing out of it', and I can't imagine myself without my piercings...they're definitely not a temporary or 'just for young people' thing to me.
I can't really say I'll feel the same way in 20 or 30 years, but hopefully I don't ever have to remove them for any reason other than it being my choice...and it won't be because I'm 'too old' lol..

IP IP Logged
BloodLust26
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote BloodLust26 Replybullet Posted: May/19/2008 at 7:31pm
i will never grow out of my piercing EVER!
i will have them even when im 50 years old
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: May/19/2008 at 7:31pm
i've pierced a 52 year old woman's VCH. i've pierced a 72 year old man's nipples at 6g and stretched his ears to 2g. i dont think age has much to do with it.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
rorgoroth
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote rorgoroth Replybullet Posted: May/19/2008 at 7:35pm
Well sometimes stuff happens
things change you never know your going to keep things once you get older.

i like to think ill keep all mine an the ones i have yet to obtain.
IP IP Logged
sataninacaddy
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 46

Quote sataninacaddy Replybullet Posted: May/19/2008 at 7:38pm
pretty sure I'll have em when i get old, hopefully much more done by than!
Don't force your religion on others, inform them and let them choose!

IP IP Logged
Jeeennnnniiiii
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote Jeeennnnniiiii Replybullet Posted: May/19/2008 at 7:41pm
i want to keep them. definitely.
but i'll never say i will 100% keep them, as i have no idea what my life will be like in years to come.
obviously, my tattoos will always be there and i'm quite happy with that
well i might have somethin' to say about that, space man!
IP IP Logged
ihaveonlyme
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 59

Quote ihaveonlyme Replybullet Posted: May/19/2008 at 8:03pm
i would love to keep my piercings the rest of my life. the only problem is i want to be in law enforcement and they wouldn't be allowed. i'm hoping that i would be able to keep a clear retainer in my tongue to at least keep that piercing. right now if i have to remove any of my piercings i would get them repierced once i retire (being in law enforcement i could retire in 20 years if i get it)
You might not share my views on politics, religion, or several other notable topics; if you ever attain my level of knowledge, you will, though.
IP IP Logged
pierced_kitten
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote pierced_kitten Replybullet Posted: May/19/2008 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by kcir

i've pierced a 52 year old woman's VCH. i've pierced a 72 year old man's nipples at 6g and stretched his ears to 2g. i dont think age has much to do with it.

Thanks for sharing this.  I think it's absolutely awesome when people who are older can apprieciate it.  Unfortunately, none of the older people in my life - i.e. my family - do.  They all just think it's a phase I will grow out of.  I can honestly disagree with them there.

I do understand that career choices have a big say in it.  It's impossible to have any professional career *i.e. - law enforcement, lawyers, doctors, etc* and keep the piercings.  I work at a state agency and have exceptionally good job security.  Me wearing my piercings to work is not an issue.  I could keep this job as long as I'd like.  I guess I just got lucky that way.  It's not the top job, rather mediocre.  But I am ok settling for a clerical job that gives me raises and room for promotions.

Tattoos are permanent and are stuck with people for life weather they like it or not.  With piercings, you can chose to keep them or remove them, which is why I put the focus of this topic on piercings.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 19 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version