BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod.org : BodyMod.org FAQ
Message Icon Topic: Healthy stretching FAQ Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 45 Next >>
vampyr
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote vampyr Replybullet Posted: April/19/2012 at 4:47pm
when going from 1,6 to 2,5mm how should it feel?
It hurted alittle when i inserted them, now the day after 1 of the ears is ok, the other is alittle warm and alittle sore. I am alittle nervous if i am going to fast but hey i have never done it before... so should i worry?

IP IP Logged
sh4ky
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote sh4ky Replybullet Posted: April/19/2012 at 5:10pm
I'm only a little ahead of you with piercings at 7, 5 and mm right now and I don't recall the smaller jewellery having that big a size difference. I wouldve thought 0.4-0.5mm only. Have you jumped sizes? You really shouldn't. Don't skip sizes, take your time, at least 4 weeks (or longer) between any stretching, and it shouldn't really hurt while doing the stretch. My lobes have been a little tender for a few days after stretching but nothing too painful. If that's any help.
You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be
IP IP Logged
vampyr
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote vampyr Replybullet Posted: April/20/2012 at 3:28pm
Today its 2 days ago and it don´t hurt anything nor does it feel warm or sore. Hopefully that is a good sign.
IP IP Logged
panduhburr
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote panduhburr Replybullet Posted: April/24/2012 at 5:55am
Think I need to pop some weights in and see how my ears feel about stretching up... =]
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars..." Oscar Wilde
IP IP Logged
sh4ky
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote sh4ky Replybullet Posted: April/24/2012 at 7:03am
Forget the weights. Just start stretching.

Dumb point maybe but don't weights stretch your lobes unevenly toward the bottom making them thinner then when you get to larger sizes?
You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be
IP IP Logged
NotModded
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote NotModded Replybullet Posted: April/27/2012 at 2:57pm
Is all skin created equal?

I'm in the process of stretching my foreskin (expanding the opening). I'm trying to figure out how closely the FAQ on ear stretching here relates to what I'm going through.

Specifically, I've started with a 30mm silicon flesh tunnel (I tried a metal one, and it was far too difficult to get it in and keep it inserted.) I've noticed that I have no pain or discomfort at ALL for 12+ hours, but then it starts to ache a bit and eventually is really sensitive and painful. It also swells a bit after I remove the tunnel at this point.

I'm not sure if I am overdoing things? Too big too soon? more frequent lubricant (I just use some to insert it)? How much of a "break" with it removed is ok, or will I lose any progress by taking it out?

Sorry if these are duplicate questions, but my situation is kind of unique I think, at least from what I've found from searching the forums.

Eventually, I'm wondering how big I'd have to go to make sure that the stretch is permanent.

Thanks for any thoughts on this... I'm not really sure where to post it..

Edit: a little over a week later, using the appropriate size, and all irritation is gone despite the first few days requiring extended "breaks" with it removed. So I guess it's pretty similar. I have left it in without any discomfort for the last two days.

Edited by NotModded - May/05/2012 at 6:02am
IP IP Logged
inkedteddybear5
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote inkedteddybear5 Replybullet Posted: July/25/2012 at 10:31pm
I really need some advice here.. I had my ears stretched to a size 2 but I had tried using acrylic plugs and my ears rejected them pretty instantly so I had to go back to my size 4 metal plugs, only thing is they fell out when I was sleeping and the holes closed. Do I have to start from scratch or would it be ok to try a smaller size?
IP IP Logged
GunnarCarr
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote GunnarCarr Replybullet Posted: October/18/2012 at 3:37pm
is it okay to clean stainless plugs with alcohol wipes waiting a bit for them to dry then putting them back in? i havent seen anything about cleaning the plugs so im curious about it. and for downsizing to thicken lobes is one size good? im only doing it to make sure my lobes are thick. im at 7/8 now and my current goal is only 1" but i need to make sure ill be nice and thick.

i also have a problem with one of my lobes its not a blow out but its sort of like my lobe is turning inside out without the extra skin. more like its just spinnng

Edited by GunnarCarr - October/18/2012 at 3:39pm
IP IP Logged
PainfullyPoetic
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote PainfullyPoetic Replybullet Posted: October/18/2012 at 7:49pm
OK, I'm no pro, but I hear this alot...

Posting a picture would really help alot to determine exactly what your going through and what should be done.

Down-sizing one gauge will usually encourage thicker skin. How it does this is probably best defined medically, but in my opinion, I would have to say that stretching pulls the skin apart, and downsizing allows the skin to come in closer contact with surrounding skin and is able to create a better link through new skins cells, which are created in the empty space that was created during streching, which ultimately increases the strength and density of your skin (fistula)sp?

Sh4ky, I've heard the same about weights.

Gunner, I would say that cleaning with alcohol and letting dry is about the best way to disinfect aside from an autoclave. As long asnyour piercings are healed, this shouldn't be a problem. Alcohol is bad for NEW (unhealed) piercings because it kills ALL the bacteria, good and bad, and can ittitate your skin, so, make sure it has evaporated from the jewelry before wearing it.
I am pierced, therefore I am.
IP IP Logged
GunnarCarr
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote GunnarCarr Replybullet Posted: October/18/2012 at 8:58pm
thank you for the help poetic.

ive tried taking a picture but me being uncordinated i cant get one that shows it. ill definatly be downsizing to 3/4 then tape back up to 7/8 again. is it going to be enough to downsize and stay there for a month then go back up or should i wait the 6-8 weeks like a normal stretch. what i normally do while cleaning is take both plugs out and clean them and let them dry while i massage my ears so theres a minimum of 10 minutes for them to dry out. its a relativly newer stretch but i also took a month to tape from 3/4 to 7/8 so that there wouldnt be the tears. yes i understand there can still be ones i cant see.

once again thank you for the quick help i really appreciate it.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 45 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version