Print Page | Close Window

help anyone?

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: Body Mods
Forum Name: Piercings
Forum Discription: Stories, studio suggestions, questions, etc.
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12255
Printed Date: September/28/2020 at 10:06pm

Topic: help anyone?
Posted By: XxmercymexX
Subject: help anyone?
Date Posted: November/11/2008 at 11:32am

i got a verical labret done yesterday afternoon. The piercer who did it had to put the needle though twice. the first time she went from the bottom up and it was PERFECT! but the jewelry got stuck and she took the needle out so she could use pliers to get the damned  barbell out. she said that she was going to go from the top down back through the same hole and put in a new barbell. however, i think she missed on the bottom as i can clearly see where the original hole was. obviously my piercing is crooked. fairly noticably. i didnt really know how much because my lip was/ is swollen. my question is, should i wait and see what happens once its more healed? should i go back in and have someone "fix it"? suggestions???

heres a picture in case it helps...it from a phone so it looks horrible...sorry

Replies:
Posted By: Amplexus
Date Posted: November/11/2008 at 12:00pm
Depends how happy you are with it. If you really dislike it and want it redone, then you should take it out asap to allow it to heal. Personally, I would go back to the piercer and ask for it to be done again. They should do this free of charge since it is so obviously crooked.

Good luck. 

-------------
Glimmi says: But yeah theres that old saying you can't judge a book by it's cover, cause it could have like 60 piercings in it's cock......Well that's not how the saying actually goes but you get my point.

Posted By: Cale
Date Posted: November/11/2008 at 12:41pm
Wow. That's really unfortunate that that had happened to you. I'm a little confused on how the jewelry "got stuck" and then the needle was removed. I guess just poorly executed jewelry transfer. I don't think she should have pierced it twice, and should have given you a free piercing after a week of healing.

My suggestion is remove it and have it redone. Your piercer should do it for free, since it was a mistake on her part. It's obviously crooked and I don't know anyone who would want to live with that.

-------------
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
http://www.facebook.com/piercingbymisscale - facebook.

Posted By: k.harr
Date Posted: November/11/2008 at 1:00pm
personally that would drive me crazy, that its not perfectly straight. (or even close) i should hope the piercer would re-do it for free, for their mistake.

Posted By: PUNKPIERCER
Date Posted: November/11/2008 at 1:19pm
it is clearly crooked. i would go back and see your piercer and show her. and get it fixed for no charge. are get your money back and go else were. im not saying she is a bad piercer we all miss jewelry transfers at times but she should not have pierced you twice that causes to much trauma to lip.  

-------------
You pick it i poke it!

Posted By: XxmercymexX
Date Posted: November/11/2008 at 1:40pm
she didnt pierce it twice so much as in move the needle if that makes any sense...she wasnt my normal piercer so i will call my regular guy and see what he says...they do have a money back and free fix thing so it wont be too big of a deal
thanks for the suggestions!

Posted By: Piff
Date Posted: November/11/2008 at 3:00pm
I'm seeing this more and more lately and getting pissed. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO TAPERS PEOPLE. Even customers I talked to who have been pierced twice ask me why their piercer didnt use a taper after missing jewelery transfer .

-------------

Piff
Orange County Tattoo & Body Piercing
22 East Main St.
Walden NY,12586
845-778-3772

Posted By: yerevan
Date Posted: November/11/2008 at 4:25pm
oh dear that is crooked, but it's not a problem, give it a few days, once the swelling goes down it may get better, if not, take it out let it heal and get it re-done by someone else!

-------------
They say goldfish have no memory- I guess their lives are just like mine.
And the little plastic castle is a surprise every time...

Posted By: Carrie_p2005
Date Posted: November/15/2008 at 12:22pm
It doesn't matter what the reason, once the needle goes through the first time, you don't put it through again.  That's what tapers are for.  If she had used a taper, you wouldn't have ended up with a second hole.  I agree, go back and have them redo it.

Posted By: Wallie
Date Posted: November/17/2008 at 3:28am
i go back to the piercer & get them to look @ there dodgy job. if they refuse to well....      theres always forums to post ya pic's & how they did a bad job & woudnt fix it :-D

-------------

Posted By: Cerkitboard
Date Posted: November/17/2008 at 8:50am
OK if that were me, that piercing would be shown to the piercist again and I'd ask very politely for a repierce (free of charge) for not getting it done right. It's happened to me a few times even at my favourite piercist place. If they're a good piercists, they will sort you out!

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~131204.aspx">CerkitBoard

Posted By: mbs08
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 12:23pm
i think  u should re do it

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 12:23pm
i mean, its her error and she should fix  it for free

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 12:27pm
Big%20Grinlove the septum though:-

Posted By: sweetiehoneybab
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 2:06pm
The piercer would have to be a complete moron to think they could get away with that, trust me hun i've got three vertical lip piercing and it doesnt matter how much its swelled that is still pierced very crooked.

I would suggest getting your ass back there asap andtelling them you want it sorting, they will probably suggest waiting for the swelling and that to go down but if i where you i'd take it out now let the swelling go down and then get it re done asap.

hope you get it sorted babe. cos its like the best piecing ever. :)

Sx

Posted By: Bombshell
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 10:34pm
I would be so pissed.

-------------
Suck it, Trebek.

Posted By: scabies138
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Piff

I'm seeing this more and more lately and getting pissed. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO TAPERS PEOPLE. Even customers I talked to who have been pierced twice ask me why their piercer didnt use a taper after missing jewelery transfer .

fuckin a... right
i cant stand that shit eather

-------------

Body modification is my anti-drug

Posted By: metta247
Date Posted: January/03/2009 at 12:13am
Originally posted by scabies138

Originally posted by Piff

fuckin a... right
i cant stand that shit eather

that is just crazy....i would demand it be done right and free...a mistake is a mistake i understand that but if it is still crooked after piercing it twice..that sucks..

-------------

Print Page | Close Window