Print Page | Close Window

Happy New Year!

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: BodyMod.org
Forum Name: BodyMod.org News and Updates
Forum Discription: All news postings and site updates.
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13028
Printed Date: December/16/2019 at 1:01am

Topic: Happy New Year!
Posted By: Adam
Subject: Happy New Year!
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 3:12am
Hello and Happy New Year to all of you!

This year is going to be a major milestone in the life of BodyMod.org and myself. After a lot a soul-searching and conversing with friends (both in and out of the Body Modification community) I have decided to make a major change in our community for the better of everyone in the long run.

In the beginning of November, I resigned from my full-time career and started my own company (Psyance). It has nothing to do with body modification or creativity whatsoever. It's a very corporate, suit and tie kind of thing (Network Identity Management to be exact). I've been doing it for years, and finally decided to get out on my own.

Over the last couple months, I have done and seen a lot. Enough to really start to think about my life and what direction I want to go. I have spoken with a lot of very talented and intelligent people that I am envious of for different reasons.

I will be 29 in February and for the longest time I've been stuck with the ominous question of, "What do I want to do with my life". Through some excellent, and some terrifying experiences, I have been awaken to what my calling is. I now know what it is, and it's up to me to pursue it head-on and not hold back. Not to let anything get in my way.

I am writing this to all of you as kind of my surrogate brothers and sisters. This community has never been an obligation or hinderance in my life, and am extremely thankful to all of you for making it happen. I can honestly say that my life would be completely different if it wasn't for all of you.

With that, I would like to announce to you that I will no longer be running this site as a part-time hobby anymore. This community, and you, mean too much to not put my full attention into it, and I don't think it can grow to it's fullest capabilities, or to the level of awesome that I see so clearly in my head.

So, I have decided to devote my life, full-time, 24x7 to this community and to you, the people that deserve to have only the best possible resource, and I know that I can do it. With all the passion I have for this industry, I can't sit on the side anymore and just let this fall to mediocrity, when I know it can be so much more, and so much better. I think that's just the perfectionist and self-drive that I have. I can't ignore it anymore.

So now you know about me, so what about the site...

As of today, in the beginning of this new year, BodyMod.org will have three main types of users, Guests, Body Mod Members, and Body Mod Supporters. The ranks will stay stay intact, but the greatest differences will be in these categories.

For Guests, it'll be pretty much the same. They'll have just enough access to check out the gist of the site. If they feel like they are one of us, then they can freely join the site to access more and further their research or other interests. They will then be considered a Body Mod Member.

Body Mod Members will have access to a lot of the site, and have unrestricted access (except for a couple areas as it is now) to the forums for help, research, and communication with other like-minded body modification individuals. Here is where the differences will start to happen. Regular Body Mod Members will only have access to posted mods that have no mature content in them and that are seven days old (or newer). Other restrictions that have been placed onto regular Body Mod Members have been put in place. They are there to keep our Body Mod Supporters safe from the scrutiny and harassment of those that sign up just to lurk or ruin the integrity of the site. Therefore, they will not be able to post private comments on others profile pages, or send private messages to other members / supporters. They can reply to any messages that have been sent to them though. They will be forced into the open with everything they do so that they will be held responsible for their actions. Should someone sign up and wish to have complete access to everything this community has to offer, they will have to become a Body Mod Supporter.

Body Mod Supporters are people that really believe in the community and want to help maintain it as a solid foundation in the world of body modification. These are the people that are considered "one of us". They are the ones that you would drive half way across a country just to shake their hand, or fly around the world to sit in a pub and have a beer together. There is a tight knit between all of us true Body Modification Supporters. We are very open with each other, we are supportive of each other, and we respect each other. If you decide to become a Body Mod Supporter in this community, you will have full access to all of the body mods posted throughout the site (even ones with mature content), unrestricted access to post comments and messages to whom-ever you want. You will have the fastest possible connection and response from the server with no ads being served whatsoever. Because you want to keep the community clean and to be something you can be proud of, you will be able to vote out mods that should be removed and vote to have mods or blogs posted to the Body Mod Showcase. Body Mod Supporters are also able to restrict their mods, blogs, and their entire profile with privacy settings to keep away lurkers, and voyeurs. You will also be able to stylize your own personal profile page to look and feel however you want. And as some of you may already know, all Body Mod Supporters will have a badge that will be shown next to their name or photo that shows their status. I want this badge to mean something. It doesn't just say that this person donated to the site. It says that this person is "one of us". They are someone I would stick up for. They are someone I would help if they needed it and I could. The buzz-words "Internet Community" have destroyed it's true meaning. We, Body Mod Supporters, are a true community of like-minded people and together we can change our lives for the better. This badge is a declaration.

To become a Body Mod Supporter, it is pretty much the same as it was with the donations. The only difference is that I have made the $5 / month one a recurring payment so that you don't have to keep paying manually or forget and then have to freak out when you've come back without the status.

I know there will be people that will not agree with what I am doing, but I feel that they aren't truly that supportive of the community or they just wanted to look at a bunch of crotch shots for free. Of course I don't want anyone to leave, but I would rather run the best body mod website out there with a smaller concentrated community of those that are really into body modification, than a larger completely open community that just gets weighed down and saturated with people that shouldn't be here in the first place. I know you can feel where I coming from on this one.

There are other reasons in which I have moved in this direction. By doing this, it will allow for me to organize larger and more elaborate meetups and Body Mod parties. All of the funds that come from the site will inherently return right back to you in the form of available merch (who here wants a hoodie?) and even more Body Mod community innovations (webisodes, iPhone applications, etc). I have all these ideas in my head, and I know I'm totally capable of doing them, but I need the help from all of you so that I can give them to you.

I will also be able to actually promote the site to a larger, but specific audience. Maybe even joint ventures with other sites and / or magazines. I've been in talks with them for years, but I never had the time to formally accept. If I can't do it to the level I feel it should be done, I'd rather not do it. Now I will be able to move this community to even greater places. Other things that will be possible are things that I've wanted to do with the site, but require a major commitment of time and effort that I just never had. Things like revamping the navigation, rewriting the forums to integrate with the new(er) version of the site, redo the Wiki (finally =), better profile pages, and mobile browsing capabilities.

I'm not a a large, evil corporation with millions of dollars and a full staff of people that have nothing to do with the scene. I'm just one guy that has devoted a ton of time and close to $15K in my own money for all the costs just to keep it alive over the last 5 years. I don't feel like I'm selling out, or changing for the worse at all. I also want to further my own path in body modification, and by working in a corporate job, I will not be able to. Doing all of this will allow me to really be me. Kind of in a Kafka-esque way if you will. I know this is something that everyone here fully understands and can get behind.

Right now, there is a lack of a face that represents the Body Modification Community as a whole. I want to do my damnedest to fill that void for the benefit of everyone. You all know how hard I work to bring you what has been. That was part-time, when I feel like it Adam. Imagine, Adam that's always here, always making the community better, and knowing that you have a large part in how awesome things are going to be from now moving forward into this new year!

I want to thank you for the 5 years of support and encouragement, now let's get crazy and show the world who we are! We are a community of brothers and sisters that are there for each other. I wouldn't be writing this if I didn't feel we were at the cusp of creating something phenomenal.

Happy 2009 Everyone!

.: Adam

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Uraniumhobo
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 3:31am
happy new years adam and thaks for all the hard work, dedication, and money you put into this for us :)

-------------
Ah ha-ha, chess. The ancient contest of wits. Two opponents: mano a mano. Braino a braino. And look: magnets for ease of travel. You could play chess on the moon.

Posted By: catexelizabeth
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 3:40am
thank you Adam...i have not been on this site for very long but i appreciate all your hard work. i will definitely be contributing as soon as i get some money into my account.

Posted By: Laura0Face
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 3:41am
I came home and read this and honestly... I have never smiled so much.

Thank you Adam.
Your quite amazing :D

-------------
Lisa - oh! true story. I saw a duck get raped by another duck today.

Posted By: iamstrangepants
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 3:42am
Thank you!! Happy new years!!
one thing i noticed on the supporter section is you get three free days if you add a new mod photo. Won't this cause people to have a million alternate photos of every mod?

Posted By: freetobeme
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 4:06am
This is great! Thank you so much for every thing you have done for all of us Adam! I love your new idea, and support you fully! Congratulations on your new venture, and wish you all the best in the new year! =)

-------------

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 4:17am
Originally posted by iamstrangepants

Thank you!! Happy new years!!
one thing i noticed on the supporter section is you get three free days if you add a new mod photo. Won't this cause people to have a million alternate photos of every mod?

Duplicates and / or photos that are pretty much the same thing will be deleted just as they have been for now. The time will be removed if a photo is deleted, so it all evens out in the end =)

-------------

Posted By: Braids
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 4:39am
Originally posted by Adam

Here is where the differences will start to happen. Regular Body Mod Members will only have access to posted mods that have no mature content in them and that are seven days old (or newer). Other restrictions that have been placed onto regular Body Mod Members have been put in place. They are there to keep our Body Mod Supporters safe from the scrutiny and harassment of those that sign up just to lurk or ruin the integrity of the site. Therefore, they will not be able to post comments to mods, post private comments on others profile pages, or send private messages to other members / supporters. They will be forced into the open with everything they do so that they will be held responsible for their actions.

so do i have to be a supporter to send a PM to someone on my buddy list? because i dont really have a way of contributing besides pics and my knowledge. i would love to contribute more but i dont have the funds

-------------
omnomnom

Posted By: Ashleigh
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 4:47am
I should read this again when its not almost 2am, but when you say regular members will not have access to parts of the site that has mature content...may I assume you mean male/female gen mods? I have some of those posted, so would I not be able to view them?

And I will have to get back to you on the supporter status...I'm a full time student with no income (all scholarship) so I might not be able to pay that...

Posted By: Surgeon
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 5:15am
Happy new year Adam! :D

Who else is still going? huh!? Huh? erhhhh.

-------------

Posted By: Jeeennnnniiiii
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 5:37am
awwww that was well nice to read

i'm glad you have found your calling, lol. you deserve it for all the effort you put into this place.

thank you doll and happy new year xxxxx

-------------
well i might have somethin' to say about that, space man!

Posted By: jonnie RoTTon
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 6:04am
Big%20Grin this  is sooo amazing! you're an awesome dude, we truly appreciate the time and effort you've put into the site. <333 much love happy new year!

Posted By: InsaneIQ
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 6:17am
Wait hold on a minute. Bmod is starting to turn into BME. It's kinda saddening, although it looks like this site needs it. But we'll still support you Adam.

-------------
Violence solves everything!

Posted By: k.harr
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 6:49am
adam, your devotion is inspiring. thanks so much for all you do!

Posted By: Jesykka
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 6:58am
Sounds kinda like bme with a higher fence, heh.
But cool, you sound well inspired :).
Sounds like a lot of cool ideas!
I kick in $ when I can afford it, but I can't always keep it up. I dunno. Guess I'll stick with that too. Our dollar is worth like half of yours atm too...

-------------
"I get modified for the current trendy vanity worth, im a complete twat, one day all my piercings will be taken out anyway."-Kashina

Posted By: Twiztid*
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 7:03am

Adam you have made a fantastic move!. Your devotion to this site is incredible. It's full of friendly people, knowledge, help and profession.

I'm more then happy with the changes and new things coming to the site. I'm glad you believe in us as much as we believe in you.

Cheers Adam. Big%20Grin

-------------

Posted By: xjessiex
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Jesykka

I kick in $ when I can afford it, but I can't always keep it up. I dunno. Guess I'll stick with that too. Our dollar is worth like half of yours atm too...

yeah i'm in the same boat...i was like oh thats nothing! then i realised it was the american dolla:P
i'll have to see what i can scrape together...but for sure i know i will try!

props to you adam, for keeping this site great and a happy new year!^^

-------------
"I can't stand TV before breakfast."

"Dial 888…The desire to watch TV, no matter what's on it."

Posted By: Tia.
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 7:11am
Adam, all I can say is that I am truly grateful for all the work you have put into this site, even for just creating it in the first place, for without it, I wouldn't have met the most wonderful person in my life and I'm sure there are others who feel the same.

Thank you so much. Smile

-------------

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 7:13am
Hehe, yeah.
That was kinda my thought process too :p.
'$5? i can probably manage that.......... oh, hang on...'
Hurray for the shitty Aussie dollar right now, haha.

-------------
"I get modified for the current trendy vanity worth, im a complete twat, one day all my piercings will be taken out anyway."-Kashina

Posted By: fragaholic
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 7:27am
yeah well... this is pretty much turning BME style...
BUT I can fully understand why... And I think I will be a supporter and hope I can afford this on a regular basis...
Hell what would I be now without this community.
So thanks Adam - let's get bigger and better as even before!
cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 7:35am
I'll be a supporter. I'll do it yearly as it not bad priced.. I'm looking forward to the changes. Smile

-------------

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 7:38am
I would imagine I would be too.

As we have supporter status currently, which runs out Feb 1st, if we were to pay for it now, would the time start from today or would it be added on from Feb 1st?

-------------

Posted By: Switz
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 8:12am
Congratulations and Kudos to Adam. Change is difficult and ambiguity sets in. Adam your communication with detail and reasoning are commendable.
Thank you for all your efforts. I'm excited can you tell !

Posted By: grundstuck
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 8:28am
Uhm i'm sure i'll contribute to the site when i can, but, being a poor student i don't think i can pay all the months, unfortunately.
I appreciate what adam is doing with this site but i don't think this is a positive change to the site. I'm not going to start a drama-thing  but what i liked about this site is that you could donate but you weren't obliged to do it. I personally had an account on this site before having one on IAM simply because i liked that fact. I know that mantaining the site costs, that is a hard work for you but i would have preferred a Iam-like thing (you have a profile only if you're a supporter i.e.) rather than having a profile but not being able to send pm's or tu use the site in an active way.

Said that, i'll still be on this site as i like it & i'll donate for the same reason.

Posted By: fragaholic
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 9:06am
word grundstuck...

-------------

Posted By: mbs08
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 9:12am
 THANKS ADAM   For all the dedication and hard work for us modification lovers :)

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 9:12am
wait i can't send pm's? eh well i think my activity level may die a little until i get more funds!

-------------

Posted By: Spirit Of Ukko
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 10:49am
Thanks for everything Adam =) You're the best!

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 10:54am

ok so its really not such a big deal, i can always get someones email adress if i was that stuck on wanting to get personal! but if a supporter sends a private msg can you reply to that msg privately? or would you have to publicly answer?
(just thinking of other sites where you can only answer responeses privately if one member is paid..)

-------------

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 10:55am
We've updated our supporter status, will the date update itself in due time?
Smile

-------------

Posted By: scabies138
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 11:04am
i know im new to this site but since ive joined i felt at home. check it at least 6 times a day, i would like to take this time to thank  Adam  and its good to see that you are stepping up even further and tring to better our comuntiey.  i just hope that i can afford to keep up with being a supporter... i would feel lost with out it lol. i would also like to state if you need any help hit me up. ill say more when i wake up all the way.  again  cheers and thanks Adam im looking fowared to being able to drink a beer with you at skindependents this year

-------------

Body modification is my anti-drug

Posted By: ditadahmer
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 11:53am
I respect Adam for making this decision to change.

But I'm not willing to pay $500 (exchange rate) a year to post a few comments and pm a couple people. So I guess this is definitely going weed out the casuals as well as the dicks.

It is a shame because I enjoyed interacting occasionally with the odd bmod user and posting my mods for people to see.

But I don't think it's very fair that I post my mods for "supporters" to comment on when I can't even comment on theirs.

So I guess that means no comment/profile posting and no mod posting for me. I shall basically be a ghost user who sees some things but can't interact.

Posted By: mrDahmer
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 11:56am
I think this is a good idea, it will help build a stronger community :)

I'm looking forward to seeing these changes in the near future and perhaps with the stronger community I will feel like being involved a lot more. I seem to spend less and less time on this.

Happy New Year Adam :D

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/brightonmetalscene">

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by ditadahmer

I respect Adam for making this decision to change. But I'm not willing to pay $500 (exchange rate) a year to post a few comments and pm a couple people.

how do you get $500?????

the american to australian exchange rate is 60 american dollars a year to 84 australian dollars a year.

which is only 41 GBP. nowt if you really think about it.

-------------

Posted By: mrDahmer
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 12:17pm
Now a supporter
Thanks Adam

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/brightonmetalscene">

Posted By: littlebeans
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Braids

Here is where the differences will start to happen. Regular Body Mod Members will only have access to posted mods that have no mature content in them and that are seven days old (or newer). Other restrictions that have been placed onto regular Body Mod Members have been put in place. They are there to keep our Body Mod Supporters safe from the scrutiny and harassment of those that sign up just to lurk or ruin the integrity of the site. Therefore, they will not be able to post comments to mods, post private comments on others profile pages, or send private messages to other members / supporters. They will be forced into the open with everything they do so that they will be held responsible for their actions.

so do i have to be a supporter to send a PM to someone on my buddy list? because i dont really have a way of contributing besides pics and my knowledge. i would love to contribute more but i dont have the funds
Yeah, unfortunately I'm in a similar predicament...kind of sucks.

Posted By: Linflas
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 12:28pm
Thanks Adam!
Nice ideas!

Hmm but i have a problem... i donated 15$ last week and only got supporter status till the 1st of Feb
Think there is something wrong! ;)

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 12:36pm
After reading again what Adam wrote, I did some more thinking. And I'd like to retract what I wrote earlier about this site turning into BME. This site is way better than BME. I'm proud to be a supporter and would continue to do so.

Adam, you are an amazing human being and should be very proud of what you've accomplished. I wish you good luck in all of your life's pursuits.

-------------

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Linflas

Thanks Adam!
Nice ideas!

Hmm but i have a problem... i donated 15$ last week and only got supporter status till the 1st of Feb
Think there is something wrong! ;)

I think it just takes a little time to be updated.
We donated for a year and ours still says Feb 1st, it must just take time =)

-------------

Posted By: Cale
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 2:38pm
Thank you for all your hard work Adam. :)

-------------
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
http://www.facebook.com/piercingbymisscale - facebook.

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 2:52pm
Now that i have some spare time i'll try to explain better what i said in my post as i do feel it's not clear at all, excuse me.

My doubts are all about the restriction that a 'simple' bodymod user will have. I don't have anything to say on the price of the donation as 5$ a month is a small amount of money.
This is a site dedicated to bodymodification, being it a tattoo, a piercing, a suspension or a play piercing session. I feel that not allowing 'simple' users to post comments on the mods is something that goes against what i want by this site. I am talking about constructive comment, i used mod comments a lot of time to learn many thing, to ask for some procedures and such, and i feel that also a 'simple user' should be able to post a mod comment.
Restricting those thing will turn for 'simple users' this site into a my-space sort of site (don't get me wrong i'm not saying that it will turn in that kind of site). They'll basically be able only to see pictures & to post comments on profile with their user status (and to post on the forums obviously), right? I think that this will decrease the site function; it'll basically turn into a 'your' picture is beautiful, i love your profile, thanks for the add thing as i don't think that many users will post mod questions on the general profile.

These are my doubts about this change, obviously i know too that if someone doesn't like this site he/she can go elsewere (it is the internet after all), me too.

Posted By: freckled20
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 3:00pm

you're awesome adam! it's amazing how much you put into this community and I'm sure you've seen how much appreciation there is for you :) happy new year!

Posted By: sweetiehoneybab
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 3:09pm
That was well fun to read. and i totally agree with everything your planning to do with the site, and it will be amazing. congrats on everything hun.

i think 2009 is going to be a good year for all of us.

Shell x

Posted By: ihaveonlyme
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 3:59pm
Great job Adam! You have done an amazing job and there have been so many great changes in the past year and few months I've been here. I'm behind you 100% in any direction you choose to go with the site :)
For those of you that don't want to donate because of the exchange rate, Adam can't control that. He has made it extremely cheap to become a supporter in his currency.

-------------
You might not share my views on politics, religion, or several other notable topics; if you ever attain my level of knowledge, you will, though.

Posted By: aDeftone
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 4:39pm
Happy new year!!! :)
I was a bit worried when I first started reading heh ;P but all is good!!

Posted By: LuceGoose
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 4:51pm
Hmmm i am still on the fence whether i fully accept this change. I think its a great thing that Adam is doing and I understand why he is doing it. However....I like the community being able to comment on eachother's pics......I think maybe our profiles should be private, and people can talk to eachother if youre on their buddy list....not being able to talk to eachother at all is kinda rough!

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 4:55pm
you can still comment profiles though, can't you?

it's just private messages and private comments that they can't do.

although i don't understand why mod commenting isn't allowed when non supporting members can't see mature mods - surely that's the main issue when it comes to non-active members and commenting?

-------------

Posted By: BadSeed
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 5:18pm
Yay congratulations what a way to start the new year :D

Thank you for this site and all your hard work to keep it as awesome as it is!!

-------------
Proud Member of the Evil Skittle Movement est. 2006

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 5:19pm
To clear up a couple questions.

1. If you already have supporter status and it ends in lest say Feb 1, and you buy 3 months, it'll get added to the end of that, so the new end date would now be May 1.

2. I can't do much about the exchange rate. For USD, it's about as low as I can go (paypal takes a chunck out if it too). For some countries it's way cheaper (like in the EU or UK), and some it may be a little more like Australia, but no where is it even close to $500 a year... I think your math is a tad off on that one.

3. If you pay for supporter status and it doesn't show up immediately, please send me an email (Help@BodyMod.org) so I can clear it up for you asap. It should be automated.

Thanks!

-------------

Posted By: gvbullock
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 6:20pm
thanks Adam for giving this community a place and way to connect to each other, learn, explore and grow.

COST: Although it is difficult for some, and I totally understand that, I also realize that if you are going to make this your full-time commitment, then you too must have a way to put food on the table through this. $5 MONTH IS VERY REASONABLE, about the cost of a pack of smokes, and I can get a full year of membership with all the benni's for less than any of my mods have or will cost, so it's worth the investment to me to join.

Question: If we have already contributed, will it auto-renew now or will we need to manually renew through a new process to get the auto-renewal feature?

Thanks again Adam!

Posted By: AndiBuck89
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 6:30pm
You really are a gem! thanks for verything dude :)

-------------

I bet you Googled that!

Posted By: Eui1337
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 8:06pm
hm. I'm not to sure about the change (lol another poor student and such.) but i'm sure i can squeeze in some more months with my job and how it pays.

hooray for change!

-------------
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh

Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by gvbullock

Question: If we have already contributed, will it auto-renew now or will we need to manually renew through a new process to get the auto-renewal feature?

The auto-renew feature just went live yesterday, so it's only for new donations. If you're runs out on Feb 1, then you don't have to do it until then =)

-------------

Posted By: metta247
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 10:12pm
Adam..thanks for this it seems like a great way to help out the community...happy new years to everyone!!

-------------

Posted By: NightWolf
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 10:13pm
When I first started reading, I thought you were going to say you were leaving. I was overjoyed to learn that you weren't, and I can honestly say that as a fairly new member to the site, I'm really excited to be a part of the "new" BodyMod.org. Thanks for all you have done for the body modification community and thank you for creating my favorite website/community. Also, apologies if this seems mushy; I'm sorta drunk :) Anyway, best of luck with all your endeavors this year and thanks again!

Posted By: ditadahmer
Date Posted: January/02/2009 at 10:45pm
Ok so the math is a little off. But still, I'm just saying that a lot of what I would call supporters of the site aren't going to be willing to pay, at least not regularly.

And some may go oh if you don't pay you aren't a "true" supporter but whatever, just because you pay for something doesn't mean you are the paramount of body modification devotion. 

Date Posted: January/03/2009 at 3:24am

restricted access (except for a couple areas as it is now) to the forums for help, research, and communication with other like-minded body modification individuals. Here is where the differences will start to happen. Regular Body Mod Members will only have access to posted mods that have no mature content in them and that are seven days old (or newer).

Ok just a quick question....so regular member can still chat in the forums like normal?

And I will ask again, even though I have mature mods posted, I will not be able to view them? Am I getting that right?

Date Posted: January/03/2009 at 5:10am
Ok just a quick question....so regular member can still chat in the forums like normal?
And I will ask again, even though I have mature mods posted, I will not be able to view them? Am I getting that right?

- Forums are the same as before in every way.

- You will be able to view all of your own mods no matter what. There isn't any weight to mods though. So 1 photo of an ear piercing gets you three days of supporter status, just as 1 photo of a suspension would.

-------------

Posted By: paulobartini
Date Posted: January/03/2009 at 11:47am

Phew!!

I thought you were going to say that you were leaving! That would have sucked! Even though i'm not THE most active person on here...i still appreciate all the work you put in.

I think the changes are great...but i was reading some of the comments on here, and a lot of them sound very reasonable. For example...being able to PM someone on your buddies list or, if you really want to weed out the "real" members, only when a supporter PM's you.

I think these changes would still help newcomers be active within the community, without lowering the level of privacy other members have.

-------------
I don't give a fuck about your war....or your president - Snake Plissken

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Date Posted: January/03/2009 at 1:57pm
I have a question that someone else asked but hasn't been answered yet...if a supporter sends a message to a non-supporter can that non-supporter reply to the message?

-------------
You might not share my views on politics, religion, or several other notable topics; if you ever attain my level of knowledge, you will, though.

Posted By: ivancmz
Date Posted: January/03/2009 at 4:58pm
Hey Adam... first I want to thank you for all the work you've put into this amazing community... I want you to know that I understand where your going with all this modifications and what you mean with making a small community of "us" and not just any pervert or idiot... I would gladly participate in your community and I would love to support it, but... here's my problem:

I live in a good forsaken country called Venezuela... it's a beautiful place that everyone should see... but it's filled with idiots... and it's governed by the biggest idiot of them all... so what does this have to do with anything?

Well, first of all, the government regulates the way we can spend our money... yeah! that's right! we can't buy US$!! We can ONLY use 400US$ a YEAR through a credit card on the internet... now 5$/month is 60$ out of the 400 I can spend in a whole year! maybe it doesn't look like much but, since everything is so expensive in my country, there's a lot of things we need to buy outside with those 400$... and as much as I'd like to, this site can't be my priority...

Now... I imagine that I'm not the only one with this kind of issues... and forcing us to pay to enjoy the site doesn't feel fair...

In my case however, if I could pay in my local currency, I would have no problem whatsoever... and I would gladly donate and become a real supporter... but what about those who can't afford it?

Date Posted: January/03/2009 at 5:09pm

Be fair! would you work for free? You can't fund somthing with no money. that works both ways. For the site.. and people on the site.

Being a supporter dose not make you a better person..or anything else. It just enables a few more features.

-------------

Date Posted: January/03/2009 at 6:08pm

I know that if you're a supporter that you can comment on mods. I was also thinking, is it possible to make it so your buddies can comment on your mods of they are not a supporter? I understand not being able to comment if you are not a supporter, but if they are on your buddies list you trust them to comment on your mods. Just a thought

-------------

Date Posted: January/03/2009 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by ihaveonlyme

I know that if you're a supporter that you can comment on mods. I was also thinking, is it possible to make it so your buddies can comment on your mods of they are not a supporter? I understand not being able to comment if you are not a supporter, but if they are on your buddies list you trust them to comment on your mods. Just a thought

+1

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 12:00am
Just Rememebr Adam,

Alot of us use Bodymod. Org because we feel that its a smaller community, More like Family.

Dont let us lose that family feeling by making Bodymod too big.

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 4:33am

Just discovered that the bmod Facebook app' is now useless. :p

-------------

Posted By: lil lucifer
Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 7:31am
Originally posted by xjessiex

Originally posted by Jesykka

yeah i'm in the same boat...i was like oh thats nothing! then i realised it was the american dolla:P
i'll have to see what i can scrape together...but for sure i know i will try!

props to you adam, for keeping this site great and a happy new year!^^

Yeah at the mo that is $7ish Aus.
Adam, nice work on the site and all the effort youve put in and I can totally understand your motivation to head in the direction you are but,,,Its just I wont pay to be a member of any site.  Anywhere between 5 to 10 bucks a month I just cant justify. Mortgage, general house bills, mobile phone, internet, pay TV, car and motor bike running, 2 sporting clubs, I big brother for two young boys and that costs to take them out for a life with a role model and on and on all add up. This and another piercing community site are my only social entertainment that dont cost me money. I have a heap of mod mates in real life and I now work one full day a week piercing at my mates studio so Ill always be in the loop anyhoo. Ill stay as I am and see how it goes.
I do guess that hard core pervs will still pay to perv like they do for porn anyhoo.lol.
All the best with it though and I hope I am just one of a small minority that cant support your site financially.

-------------
Guns are for show, Knives are for a pro!

Posted By: bondagekitten
Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 8:44am
I just checked out xe.com and for folks in the UK if we do the yearly donation it works out about 31 quid which is like 2.60 a month.

I am very very skint at the moment but I will be becoming a supporter when I can.

I get the reasoning behind it but it would be nice to be able to coment on a mod as to not fill peoples coment box with X mod looks great, how did the healing go etc.

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 9:06am

When you comment on the mod it floods their message box instead.. it works both ways.

They're negative and positive views.. but shit happens, you cant expect everything in life for nothing. I'm not ritch, i have hard times with money.

As for the UK thing, yes it works out alot cheaper then some places. thats Somthing Adam can't change.

I dont hear anyone moaning they can't look at more then 1200 tattoos in say the "Old skool section" of BME.  You have to contribute to get more use of the site.

I know everyone has their views.. but come on..

Put yourself "here" Would you run a site for free?

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 9:15am
well said rob. :)

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Twiztid*

I dont hear anyone moaning they can't look at more then 1200 tattoos in say the "Old skool section" of BME.  You have to contribute to get more use of the site.

The main thought I had in comparing this to bme, was that bme give me a month of iam per photo I contribute.

I don't like the idea that i'd be restricted in seeing supporter's mods, whilst they can see everything of mine because they threw in some money. Then, there doesn't seem to be any additional benefit to contributing pic's, so why will people do it?

Can I then have a profile with no mod's of my own, but supporter status, and view anything I like?

Also, does this mean that the standard for picture quality will rise, since people are now paying to see these pictures?
Is it up to the paying supporters to regulate this?

I hesitated in posting this because I don't want to be trashed over sounding negative. I do understand that you're throwing your life into this and that you need to make a living. I think it's an impressive comittment on your behalf. So I hope this is taken as what it is, my honest questions and feedback, and not some sort of attack.

As I have done in the past, I will continue to support the site when I can afford it. I am, however just starting my piercing apprenticeship which pays nothing in the first year and isn't a recognised trade, which means no gov' assistance. So i'll be cutting back my hours at my paid job, and therefore cutting back on expenses. It will just be difficult for me to make regular donations.

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Laura0Face

Just Rememebr Adam,

Alot of us use Bodymod. Org because we feel that its a smaller community, More like Family.

Dont let us lose that family feeling by making Bodymod too big.

I think your totally wrong there.

Surely by doing all this  it will make the b'mod 'family' stronger and bring the serious b'mod members together.

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 10:07am
I see your point. I think you get somthing like 3 days here per picture? somthing among those lines.

I'm not trying to be an ass.. they're negative and positive things coming from this.. Way of the world.

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 10:12am
Yes, I did read that...
But three days wouldn't be enough for me to contribute to bme either.

You're right though. Positves and negatives.

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 3:54pm
*Update*

I've opened up commenting on mods to all memebers and I have allowed members to reply to any Messages that have been sent to them.

I've also put back the favorites lists for members.

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 3:56pm
You're too nice for your own good Adam.

Hopefully, people will appreciate all the work your putting into this.

=)

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 3:57pm
Thanks man. It's just that things are tough financially, and I need an income of some kind. If this doesn't work out, i fear the worst.

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 3:58pm
I'm a girl, but thank you anyway =P (or am I reading too much into a colloquialism?)

Have some faith Adam, it'll be alright. =)

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 4:00pm
He may think i'm you.

100% behind you on the site Adam.  Propeller

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 4:07pm
You're doing a great job Adam :) Like Twiztid* said, behind you 100%

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 5:00pm

There are a lot of people that are right behind you hun. :)

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 5:33pm
I have no worries now :)

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 5:36pm
I'm sure alot of people will be.

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 5:37pm
*edited because I didn't read it right. =P

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 7:24pm
Well I wont be able to be a supporter, but I'm not bailing out yet :) 

Posted By: lil lucifer
Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 8:43pm
Thats awesome news Adam. Thanx mate, very much, from me and the likes of me for the update and extension of membership abilities.

-------------
Guns are for show, Knives are for a pro!

Posted By: BxtremeDmodSxM
Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 9:25pm
i will be a supporter =]
... in time!
HAPPY NEW YEARRRR

-------------
BxtremeDmodSxM
"Where is fancy bred?In the heart or in the head?"

Date Posted: January/05/2009 at 12:08am

He may think i'm you.
100% behind you on the site Adam.Β  Propeller

I used to get the two of you mixed up since you have basically the same profile photo, but now I just see both of you as "one" and it works out =)

-------------

Date Posted: January/05/2009 at 1:50am

He may think i'm you.

I used to get the two of you mixed up since you have basically the same profile photo, but now I just see both of you as "one" and it works out =)

No worries. As you said it works out. Smile

-------------

Posted By: Nellik
Date Posted: January/05/2009 at 8:20am
I see why this changes are done.
But I think that if you have pictures with mature content you should be able to see them. Even when you for different reasons can`t afford to pay every month.
I understand you need money to keep this site up. But a lot of us are broke and I think it is sad that I soon don`t have full access anymore.
But I will stay and I hope it will all work out in the end......

Date Posted: January/05/2009 at 10:39am

He may think i'm you.

I guess in some ways we are one and the same person =P

Lol

-------------

Posted By: KillaD
Date Posted: January/05/2009 at 11:09am
That almost scared the shit out of me.
But all is good and  I support ya Adam.
Now where is my hoodie/beanie at?!
Kiddin' ;)

-------------

Posted By: metalbabe
Date Posted: January/05/2009 at 4:00pm
about time you made some income out of this big baby of yours

so now i have to keep my bits crossed when it comes to job hunting jsut so that i can continue killvoting haha.
i won't be able to enjoy bmod as much without killvoting it's way too much fun, thus i need to be able to remain a supporter forever and ever and everrrrrrrr!!!

so yeah, mehopes it'll work out for you, and that i land myself a job asap so i can actually be a supporter

-------------

Perplexing people since 1986

Date Posted: January/06/2009 at 2:13am
Originally posted by metalbabe

so now i have to keep my bits crossed when it comes to job hunting jsut so that i can continue killvoting haha.
i won't be able to enjoy bmod as much without killvoting it's way too much fun, thus i need to be able to remain a supporter forever and ever and everrrrrrrr!!!

So about this... if I'm not a supporter, can I still post mods in the killvote section for the supporters to kill?

Posted By: metalbabe
Date Posted: January/06/2009 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Ashleigh

Originally posted by metalbabe

So about this... if I'm not a supporter, can I still post mods in the killvote section for the supporters to kill?

good question!

-------------

Perplexing people since 1986

Posted By: CheeseStix
Date Posted: January/06/2009 at 7:42am
Another question, Mr. Adam.
I know originally you got a month of supporter status for posting a mod video.. is this still true?
(this could increase the number of videos drastically, which could be good or horrible.. and offer a better alternative to those who can't afford to donate.. if it's still in effect)

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile.aspx?ID=29919">

Date Posted: January/06/2009 at 6:56pm
The forums are the same as they were a month ago... no difference. I think i mentioned that one.

The videos are the same because I never saw any real posting of videos. They're pretty rare. I would be willing to bump it up if there showed an interest. Right now it's 3 days for a photo and 7 for a video.

-------------

Date Posted: January/06/2009 at 10:16pm
When I was asking about the killvoting, I wasn't sure if you were making it only supporters that could killvote mods or if its still heavy modders and up...even if they are not supporters?  Am I making sense at all?? 

Date Posted: January/07/2009 at 2:21am
Actually voting on mods on the page of the mod to kill vote is is supporters only. If you want to post in the topic on the forums as to what should be kill-voted, anyone can do that that has been able to.

-------------

Date Posted: January/07/2009 at 3:44am
Ok, thanx, thats what I was trying to find out.

Posted By: thesounknown
Date Posted: January/07/2009 at 9:55pm
Well I'm a poor college student too.  But, I understand that you need income :)  So, I'll donate when I can.
Because I like killvoting.

-------------
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.

Posted By: Nintendo-Nut
Date Posted: January/08/2009 at 4:58am
This site needs to run a lot better before I would ever consider paying for it, guess we will see in time

Date Posted: January/08/2009 at 6:39am
Originally posted by Nintendo-Nut

This site needs to run a lot better before I would ever consider paying for it, guess we will see in time

I am so glad there are devoted, and active, members like your self, that have shared so much in the community! We just could not survive with out you! All of your profound insight that you have given & shared with us in all of your posts(6) !? This site just would not be the same without you!?

Thank you so much for blessing us with your presence! We are all so indebted to you!Mad

-------------

Date Posted: January/08/2009 at 12:58pm
I dont think there was any need for him to say that at all.
No mods uploaded,,a minimal amount of posts, surely can't have been on here long enough to appriciate any of the millions of good things the site has to offer.

Idiot. *shakes head*

-------------

Date Posted: January/08/2009 at 1:02pm
Haha his profile has been disabled!

i would have said to him!

"No one even asked you to "Pay" for the site. You "can" donate for extra features." 

to late =( lol

-------------

Posted By: Druidess
Date Posted: January/08/2009 at 11:04pm
I am glad I finally got my intraweb back. I have been gone from the site for far too long. I am looking forward to the changes. Thanks Adam!

-------------
When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fyre.

Posted By: zombiemaster
Date Posted: January/08/2009 at 11:44pm

Haha his profile has been disabled!

HA HA. You test the Admin and get struck down!

Well Adam, I wish you the bestest of luck. This is a big leap for you and a risky one but still best of luck man.

The support we real members have for you will go on because we love (or at least i do) what this site has done for us and taught us. I'll soon be making my first donation since I haven't had the funds to in the past and be behind you all the way.

And I teared a little when I read what you wrote Wink.

-------------
I want something good to die for to make it beautiful to live.

Posted By: Peanut Esteves
Date Posted: January/08/2009 at 11:52pm
yeah thanks Adam =] wtf was that guy talking about? .....=[

-------------
PEANUT Esteves

Date Posted: January/09/2009 at 12:40am
Thanks for the kind words guys!

FYI: I didn't delete that guys account, I think he must have deleted it himself. =)

-------------

Date Posted: January/09/2009 at 8:36am
Good riddance.

-------------

Posted By: charliex
Date Posted: January/09/2009 at 11:21am
Ah jeez.. people are already referring to themselves as "real" memebers?? So apparently cause i don't pay I'm not dedicated enough.. or whatever. [EDIT: that wasn't directed at Adam or the changes.. just the comments made by monetary supporters]

I see why this is being done for Adam's personal and work circumstances and what not but I thought the whole 'participating member' system was about stopping lurkers and just general a-holes from abusing the site? I guess the new rules is more incentive for people to cough up.

I liked the fact that when I had spare cash (and psh its right after Christmas and I'm doing a full time degree) I could contribute. Now it's like we'll be the underdogs and the paying members are already acting above us (like I said, "real" members).

Ugh, okay, so I'm saying I accept these things (and I do realise it wouldn't make a hell of a difference if I didn't) but I dislike the elitism that is already apparent and since the new restrictions like the only seeing 7 day old mods thing are coming in (I think .. the new rules confused me a little) I wonder how long myself and a lot of other will remain members.. I'll stay depending on how strict the rules really are. Which is sad cause this is a great place to talk to new people and share our love of body modification *sigh*.

Posted By: Jenneee
Date Posted: January/09/2009 at 11:39am
Just a quick question. This can still be payed for with paypal and your bank account? I have no credit card and this is how I have contributed in the past.

Date Posted: January/09/2009 at 3:28pm

I've donated to the site and i'm not acting above you or acting as a "rear" supporter.

You only need to contribute to enable extra features..

-------------

Date Posted: January/09/2009 at 3:54pm

I've donated to the site and i'm not acting above you or acting as a "rear" supporter.

You only need to contribute to enable extra features..

agreed. none of us act like "real" members. it's just that a lot of us have been here long enough to get to know each other personally and some of us have met in person. if you're an active member(with or without donating) you'll see what i'm talking about. there are members like bloodlust and uraniumhobo that joined, became active instantly, and a lot of us got a chance to talk to them and now they're a big part of the site. there are some of us, like me, who joined but didn't become active for quite some time. i think i was apart of the site for about 8-10 months before i got active and started participating in the forums. once i became active on the site i quickly started meeting people. i've seen a lot of members join, become active,  then leave. with or without giving anyone a reason.

there are a lot of new members and like/dislike the changes and a lot of current members that like/dislike the changes. no matter what happens to the site there are always going to be people that like the changes and people that don't like the changes. everyone just needs to accept the fact that there will be changes that you like and changes you dislike. this happens to us in our everyday lives. it happens to me at work all the time. we're consistantly changing the policies and procedures.
all the changes that Adam makes are better in the long run. with my current job i've learned a few things about change. most of the time when a change is made and everyone likes it right away the it ends up not working out in the end. when a change is made and people don't like it right away it usually ends up working out in the long run.

everyone needs to trust the changes that Adam makes and trust that they will work out in the end. i've been here long enough to know that if something doesn't work out he will correct it. nothing is permanent and everyone needs to have a little more faith and stop assuming this is to seperate the members on the site. those are not the intentions. when Adam first started the supporter status it didn't mean or do anything other than put a badge on your page. he put in the original thread the supporter status would give members more access to parts of the site and it would change over time.

-------------

Date Posted: January/09/2009 at 4:41pm
Very well said. I agree with everything said.

I've been here a long time too. Though have been away for a few months.  I've also met a person on the site who im now in a relationship with. good things have always come from this site. I have every faith in adam and this awesome site.

-------------

Date Posted: January/09/2009 at 5:00pm
ihaveonlyme put that better than I ever could have.

Just because some people are financially "supporting" the site, it doesn't make us/them better than anyone else.

You start to participate in the site (supporter or not) and you see that it is somewhat of a family.

If something goes wrong, or doesn't work out quite right, Adam will sort it out, like he always does.

=)

-------------

Date Posted: January/09/2009 at 10:32pm
Yeah, I need to set up a paypal account or something along those lines. I love this site, and the people involved in it. Besides a few bucks a month is naught, even for a college kid.

-------------

Date Posted: January/09/2009 at 10:46pm
I think that if you do not have Pay Pal it should not matter! You can always contact Adam, and ask him for his address and send a check!?

-------------

Date Posted: January/11/2009 at 3:00am
Maybe a money order would be better, checks can bounce.

-------------

Date Posted: January/11/2009 at 3:19am

haha! My checks are made of the highest quality rubber that I could buy with rubber checks! lol=)

-------------

Date Posted: January/11/2009 at 3:27am
I'm rubber, you're glue; whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you...lolz
Anyhow, just to be on the safe side, were someone wanting to snail mail donations to Adam, I think money orders would be the route to go. There is a little more guarantee there. Also, it would be good as a general rule so as not to appear to have more financial faith in one member over another.
You know, better safe than sorry.

-------------

Date Posted: January/11/2009 at 3:36am
I'm rubber, you're glue; whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you...lolz
I have not heard that saying for years! lol =)

-------------

Posted By: LucieMay
Date Posted: January/11/2009 at 2:13pm
I don't mind paying Β£2.50 a month, it's a pittance. And for a site like this, the only funding options are subscription or masses and masses of advertising. I post on another forum a great deal but that is funded by a multi million dollar rock band (and band forums are part of their websites, designed to advertise the band). The other site I love, facebook, is paid for by masses of advertising which I definitely wouldn't want to see here. People have some sort of sense of entitlement to use sites for free, as though it's an instrinsic right. And it isn't. 

Date Posted: January/12/2009 at 2:55pm
The recommended monthly donation is really miniscule. I spend more than that on coffee in a day.

-------------

Posted By: bekki659
Date Posted: January/21/2009 at 7:20pm
Me=another poor college student, but I guess I will try.
The supporter thing- is it taken out of your account monthly, or is it all up front?  Because I could do 5 dollars a month, but not the all at once.  Then I wont have money for food lol.

I also feel like Im neither in nor out when it comes to being a "true" member.  I dont know anybody personally, and I will probably never go to a meet-up.  I dont feel like Im necessarily "part" of the community, but Ive got a fair bit of mods posted, and I think this is the best place to learn more about modding.... specifically because it isnt/wasnt exclusive (like BME, which I have stopped using because it wasnt worth it to get a membership, other than contributing pictures and stories occasionally), and I could get into it as much as I wanted to.
I'm really still learning, and I feel that I rarely have something worthwhile to contribute.
This site holds a lot of learning opportunities for new modders, and I hope that they wont be deterred by the cost, or the fact that they arent allowed access to parts of the site, or people on it.

On another note, thanks Adam for all that you are doing for us, and making this site so great.

Posted By: CheeseStix
Date Posted: January/21/2009 at 7:51pm
The money is all up front.. but it doesn't have to be large amounts. While I don't believe there's an "automatic withdrawl" option (I could be wrong, because I seem to remember hearing something about this..) You could just click to donate $5 each month, manually.

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile.aspx?ID=29919">

Posted By: bekki659
Date Posted: January/21/2009 at 7:56pm
I guess thats what its going to have to be, then

Posted By: obiwanbenwin
Date Posted: January/27/2009 at 9:19am
Thanks so much for an awesome site Adam.
When I get money I will definitely be contibuting. I would love to be considered a true supporter.
Good luck with everything!

-------------

Posted By: dan-dan
Date Posted: February/08/2009 at 5:13pm
I thought I'd read all the threads in this forum, but obvioulsy not! I only heard about this from another thread in another forum. I thought it was strange to have such big changes with no real warning lol.

Reading the above, I now understand why this has come about. I actually think you have a great vision, and I'll support you all the way 
I knew you obviously spent a lot of money on the site, but I would never have guessed it being anywhere near 15k.

I still think it's ashame that a new member posting a single mod, will have more accessibility than someone having been here 5 years (providing they can't afford the money and don't have any new mods), and who've given real support throughout. Another form of support is good advice, and that's often hard to come by, though there are some members have that have a wealth of relevant knowledge.

As I said, I will continue to support the community. I also hope to help out other members as soon as by bank account goes into plus figures again (shouldn't be too long lol).

I look forward to seeing where you're going to take this site. Thank you, and good luck!      

-------------
Feel the fear, and do it anyway

In the course of a lifetime, what does it matter?

Posted By: princealbert3
Date Posted: February/11/2009 at 3:12pm
Sorry Adam, the decision to limit Body Mod members from not messaging,looking at profiles etc unless a supporter sucks and a lot of others think so

Bye!

Date Posted: February/11/2009 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by princealbert3

Sorry Adam, the decision to limit Body Mod members from not messaging,looking at profiles etc unless a supporter sucks and a lot of others think so

Bye!

Bye!

-------------

Date Posted: February/12/2009 at 1:43am
lurker then yeah. lol.

Date Posted: February/12/2009 at 11:30am
Another lurker gone. Who's keeping score?

-------------

Posted By: shainishere
Date Posted: August/27/2009 at 4:13pm
hi  im doc. new to the site. after reading this ,i was thinking about your giving 3 days membership, for a new pic. then i thought  thats really cool.but how does the pics help you and the site financially? do you sell the pics? btw, thanks for the time i have for my pics . i would appreciate your critiq on them too, if you get the time. thanks for what you have done.     Doc.

-------------
Doc.

Posted By: Nail
Date Posted: January/02/2010 at 5:13am
THX Adam! :)

-------------
NAILSTATTOO.ATW.HU

Date Posted: January/02/2010 at 6:16am
Originally posted by princealbert3

Bye!

No loss! Bye!..............

-------------

Posted By: rhomes_angel
Date Posted: January/02/2010 at 6:07pm
lol um...this was posted a year ago.

-------------

Date Posted: January/02/2010 at 8:06pm
It's ok, it is even kinda funny. Happy New Year.

-------------

Date Posted: January/02/2010 at 9:04pm
Lol sorry for the double post, but at least it took me a year between the posts! I guess my Breathalyzer on my computer is broken, because it let me post anyway! JagermeisterAbsolutDrunk

Happy New Year! Smile 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window